Masters Running

Thursday Daily, 1.30.14 (Read 36 times)

C-R

Hey, Norm--I was a little disappointed with Indy.  The forecast was for 15 below and we only got -4 while we were there.   However, I did notice that I spent very little time outside regardless.

Sorry. We sent some of our cold love down to Atlanta. Seemed to make the "cheese more binding" in the South.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

NHLA

Holly  April 25-26

6 miles 61 min.  turkeys in the snow.

wildchild

Carolyn

Greta running, Byllger!  Yay, you!

Wishing Noah a very happy 6th birthday!  Steve, I hope you feel well enough to celebrate after that accident yesterday.  Rest up!

Leslie, I 'm happy for you that you get to run with Karen again!  Have a blast!

NHLA - great picture!  Where do you live?  Sorry, I must have missed you introducing yourself when I was away in Thailand.

I was also a "turkey in the snow" today - ran 9.5 miles in screw shoes on the plowed dirt roads around the neighborhood.  We're supposed to get a foot or two of new snow by Saturday, which will make the Fat Ass run I'm signed up for on Saturday pretty epic...   It's called the Frozen Dead Guy 50k and goes from Nederland to Boulder, partly on dirt roads and partly on trails.  It's named after a festival in Nederland celebrating someone who kept their grandfather on dry ice in a shed in town.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Remember my bragging about my son's Ring Speech at his school in December?  They put it up on youtube. I don't expect anyone here to watch it all, but the intro was heartwarming to me to see his classmates applaud him.  I am very proud of him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8aAwVrPcLU

Spareribs

What a way to nail a speech! Congratulations to your son! My deepest admiration for him!

6 miles tonight. It was a speed play night, so zombilesleks was it.

Snow is coming our way and very, very cold temps as well. I will see how many miles I can do outside. Personally, I don't mind the TM.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

That was an excellent speech by Riblet! You have every reason to be very proud of that kid.

Hey Byll! Good for you on getting the miles back up there! Glad to hear you're feeling better. When is the big move to MI?

Dave, I have a hard time not doing anything either. Always find something to distract me even if it's not what I should be doing. Good luck on the HM this weekend!

Nice turkeys, NHLA. Relays are a blast...

5.5 hilly chilly miles today. It's still warmer than normal, but getting colder each day. Tomorrow I'll probably skip the outdoor run and hop on the TM after work. I don't really mind the treadmill either... except when it becomes days and days of it....

Hey Byll! Good for you on getting the miles back up there! Glad to hear you're feeling better. When is the big move to MI?

Sometime in May most likely!  My coworkers are starting to panic.  No fault of mine though, as I gave them a 2-year warning (seriously!).

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong