Masters Running

Tuesday Dec. 30 Runs and whatever ... (Read 489 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Mary and Perch, good luck on your New Year's races. Anyone else racing on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day? Twocat, so glad to hear your training partner is in remission from her leukemia. Hope your test results identify something definitive and easily treatable. Holly, I hope your DD feels better soon so you can quit slacking and get back to work! Roll eyes Oh, and you can do hill work on icy/snowy hills if you wear yaktrax! Makes it a good hard workout! Mari, I've only been skiing twice so far this season. We haven't had much new snow lately so the conditions will be hard packed. As soon as it snows again, I'm ready to take a day off and go, though! Lou, I wouldn't recommend running after a colonoscopy - since you haven't eaten in like two days, you won't have any energy. And for me, at least, those amnesia drugs they give you really knocked me for a loop, and I just napped all afternoon. TimBo, hang in there! Tramps, I was going to ask if your DW had a Garmin- that helped me when I was trying to do some faster runs. I'll bet your Christmas gift was a hit! It's shorts and tee shirt weather here in the flatlands again today - 56F and sunny. I went out for a 5.8 mile trail run at lunchtime, avg pace about 10:20. This weather is just not right for December in Colorado, but I'm not complaining.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

that is odd weather for Colorado! I'm jealous. It was a nice balmy 70 in the club too - so I guess I can't complain. Roll eyes 3.5 miles on the TM. I am running on New Years, but it's not really a "race" - it's a group run for running club members only. You can do 1-6 miles, depending on what you feel like. My friend, Laura, and I will probably run 5 if the weather isn't too carpy. Afterwards, they are having Runner of the Year awards and munchies. I've never gone to this before, but since I'm up for an award, I guess I'll check it out. My nemesis came in 1st in our AG, but for 2009 she'll be in the next AG, so I'm going to try and make as many as the club races as I can in 2009 and maybe I can pull off a 1st AG for Runner of Year 2009.

Tammy

6 easy miles for me this afternoon. 10:16 pace. Beautiful weather here in fabulous OK....65F at run time. Fatozzig....thanks for the stretching tips. Holly....I'm giving you a raise in pay. You deserve it. Good runs out there....enjoy fellow and fellowette Masters.
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Leslie - I tried this stretch as you describe it, but I don't get it - I don't feel like I'm really stretching anything. Hope you feel better soon.
          I've gotten to the point where my butt is flat up against the wall and my leg is straight, and while I don't feel like I have the same extensive stretching experience I did when I first started, it has definitely helped me to maintain. I do more "aggressive" stretching by doing the ole sit on the floor, one leg folded into the body and stretching out toward the toes of the other leg. I never have been very limber. As for feeling better, we'll see. Gotta a coupla tests that have to be done, then hopefully it'll all come together and I'll be good as new. Picked up some kind of cra, um, stuff to drink before a CT scan on Monday. Looks yummy!! Dead

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

11 on the treadmill in the cardio cinema, whilst watching Ben Affleck save the world from nucular destruction.
            Big grin My most recent fortune cookie: "Participation in sports may lead you to a lucrative career." Awesome!
            dg.

Hey hi Econo Big grin just who I wanted to see. Do you wash your Frees????
                Hi, econo! We miss you over here!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Maniac 505

Hi econo, easy 10 for me today, the legs felt better the I expected after my 16 a couple days ago. rebuilding my endurance after most of a year without running. the jury is still out on full or half In Maui at the end of Janurary, but I will probably be smart and run the 1/2. eying a couple different fulls in early March.
                    hi dg, hi Lou, hi Dave! (waving madly) dg -- er, should I Confused I guess I've never tried to wash 'em, but since I don't wear them on the muddy trails, I haven't had much reason to.

#artbydmcbride

Hi Econo! Smile 7 miles in the cold and foggy dew.

Runners run

evanflein

Hi Econo! Nice to see you swing by here every now and then. Hey, I have your music mix cd in my car which DH drove the other day. He came home and said "what's that strange music in your cd player?" I said "That's my cd from Econo, do you like it?" He just said, "you guys are different, that's for sure..." Confused I did get my run in today... 4.3 miles outside on the hills in -23F temps, then a quick change ala Holly and on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Did a different sort of progression run (well, different for me) based on time instead of distance. First 15 minutes at 8:49, next 15 minutes at 8:34, last 15 minutes at 8:20 for a total of 5.25 miles. Had the room at about 68F, but I know it was a lot drier than FLA will be in a couple weeks! The news reports say this cold snap is just beginning... we could be seeing -50 temps later this week, and even -60 in low lying areas next week. Yuk. Glad I'm going to Florida in a week....
                        wildchild

Carolyn

Erika, your heating bills must be astronomical! Shocked

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hi ilene! I like today's kitty-avatar. E-van, yah...it's a little weird. I got one rave review on the mix, once! Yes OK, back into lurking for a while. I have a "BQ in 2009" thread going on the Gen Running forum, if anyone wants to sign up & be counted.... But before I go, I have to do the happy-Duck dance (quack quack quack!)...The Ducks did well in their bowl game this evening. Smile
                              But before I go, I have to do the happy-Duck dance (quack quack quack!)...The Ducks did well in their bowl game this evening. Smile
                              Congratulations on a very well played game. The Oregon offense was outstanding. My Oklahoma State University Cowboy hat is off to you and your Ducks this morning. Smile
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM