Masters Running

Thursday - July 3rd Daily dating/running (Read 508 times)

My trusty Timex Ironman (bright blue) watch serves me well most days. BUT, the new Garmin 405 came into my life for Mother's Day (delivered in June) and I do love it. It's sleek---all black and the scrolling function like an IPOD on the bezel set watch face is highly cool. I am still a "feeling the pace" kind of runner, but this is marvelous for mapping new routes in new cities. It won't be Mac compatible until September, but it does have blue tooth capability. I fear I have revealed my true gear head tendencies....I do still send letters to people in long hand so I don't waste that Palmer method penmanship training! Okay, the sun is well over the yard arm here in Massachusetts (it's raining heavily actually), time for my medicinal glass of red wine. Karin
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Well, today was the first day I've used MY 305 since June 5. I ran only 2.2 miles in our neighborhood, but it was a FABULOUS run. Absolutely no ankle pain, and I felt like I was floating on air. Hmm, not running for awhile isn't ALL bad! I could easily have run much farther, but I'm being a good girl and following the PT's instructions. Two bad days in a row: Yesterday I took DS13 to a periodontist, because the kid decided at some point to STOP BRUSHING HIS TEETH. Angry Not a good idea when you're wearing braces. The orthodontist said his gums are so inflamed that not much more can be done with his teeth until we address the problem. The periodontist said he will have to TRIM the gums back. I could tell the doctor felt really bad giving me the news - he even reduced the price from $2,300 to $2,000. Oh, my goodness. The other part of the story is that DS has a mild bleeding disorder, so there's a possibility the procedure will have to be done in the hospital, and accompanied by the use of Recombinant Factor VIIa, a genetically engineered product that cost $7,500 per dose the last time I checked (and usually at least two doses are needed). I THINK that part would be covered by medical insurance (after the deductible, of course), but not the gum procedure itself. Then today I took our 2001 Chevy Tahoe in for inspection. $1,253 later, I drove it home. Stopped the car at the end of the driveway to get the mail. When I tried to put it in gear again, the stick was FLOPPY - nothing happened. Angry So I drove back to the dealership with my mom (third 50-minute round trip of the day) and they gave me a rental car. AAA has towed the car down for us. This is all two weeks after my computer hard drive died. And I got achilles tendonitis. What's going on?!?!? Thanks for listening - for some reason it helps to spill it all out on paper! I need a beer, but my parents are visiting, and they're teetotalers. Maybe I will sneak out, like I did when I was in college! Evil grin
      evanflein

Ah, Teresa, thanks for making me feel better!! I got the doghouse cleaned out today... some of that old hay had been in there for years. Brushed it all out and put clean hay in there. Bleached her water dish and refilled it. Got all the flowers planted and my poor little tomato plant that will probably not amount to anything. Got all my flowers planted (still have bare spots, oh well), and watered pots really well. That's about it. Oh, and laundry and dishes. No weeding. No running. I was tempted... but then I'll get that deep racking cough and figure I'll skip it. Karin, my 205 works with my mac... I would think the 405 certainly would? Hope to run tomorrow...it's 82F out there now and should be nice all weekend. Love it... sure hope I feel better. (Jeanne, I've thought about that... but I so rarely get sick. The timing on this one is just really rotten)
          An hour ez in the late afternoon. It was my youngest daughter Tori's birthday today so I picked up the girls and a few of their friends from their mom's after work and had a pizza party and a peanut butter blizzard ice cream cake (yum) I made a shadow box for my daughter with a special note from dad and some nice pictures (I think she was quite taken with it but tried not to show to much emotion in front of her friends. I also bought her with my parents the Rock Band PS3 set. Wow is that cool, you can play the drums, guitar, vocals as your own rock band. It's group play and you can compete against other bands online. Very cool.... We had a great time...just dropped them off at their mom's who is being hard on me again.. but it's better than still being married biketm....although I like you am looking for that special one...I know I will find her, it's just so much darn work...the main thing is to be hones with everyone you meet and make as many friends as you can along the way....or running partners like L and I....and who knows maybe more some day but she is not ready yet as she is still dealing with stuff and I will not be the rebound. Have a great night everyone. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Mariposai

Tall, you are one awesome dad. What a special day you gave your precious girl!!! She will always remember this day. Keep up in being one cool dad. As far as the "perfect one"...you must let your heart be ready for her first and then she will come!!!! This goes for you Tim Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Joining in here. Its Laurie from the newbies board who's running BF lost interest in running with her when she started running faster/longer. So he and I decided to get back into martial arts together and I end up taking the class alone 'cause he wanted to work on his car. Plus....it was the same week he forgot my birthday. So great big whine from me. Wahhhhh. July 4th run...3.5 miles slow. Then nearly passed out in a Sports Authority store. Dont know why. I felt fine until I went to pay (I would guess prices but I found everything on sale that day). Barely had energy to walk out of the store. Got some food and drink and was fine. This happened twice this week. Once after a long lake swim. When I got back to the beach I had no energy. Not even enough to hold my head up. Couldnt get enough sweets that day which happens often after runs these days. Could use advice on the sweet/no energy thing. Dont really need advice on the BF thing because unfortunately I know all too well where thats headed. :-(,,,,, Laurie (glad the week from hell is ending)

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.