Masters Running

Tuesday, 8.25.14 (Read 39 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, did you know that there is a meetup in the works in AA with Econo for that weekend, and that we're thinking of coming there to run the Sunday morning 5-mile fun run with her? Besides myself, dg9, Mustang Sally, and DaveinAA are involved (they're actually doing the planning and "event coordination").

And you weren't going to mention that here?  Are we not invited?

{{{Leslie and family}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly - don't tell anybody but I'll plan on the Portland

Marathon with you next  year too if it works out.

ps - I think anything related to  Woodstock just means bare feet

and otherwise probably only for shod runnersn so, as they say

in another one, "be brave, be tough, beat the mountain in the buff."

Either way, it sounds like way too much fun in all regards,

especially if Steve and his gang can come too..  .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

coastwalker I know you must be really, really frustrated with all the delays and machinations.

Sad news about  fatozzig's dad.  It has been a tough farewell for her family.

mariposai  you have had it tough.  I so hope the smoke clears out soon.

Today was my last day off from running to let my abdomen heal up.  Tomorrow it is back out on to the roads and with some luck back to marathon training.  As for today, just an hour on the elliptical.  That plus an hour apparently burning an eggplant while on the elliptical.  

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Hi friends

sorry to hear about Leslie's Dad passing - sure has been tough for them

Posai - please stay well

Jay - hope you don't get too stressed with all the government doings

Ribs - pass some healing vibes to the Saint for me

Twocat - there will definitely be beer bread involved for the Rosie team!

I was a little bad this morning and didn't stick to the plan -- was only supposed to do a 30 minute bike followed by a 20 minute run, but after working those 4 days in a row I was just needing more of a workout --- actually kind of doubled the plan

16.2 mile bike = 1:02:33

4.2 mile run = 40:16

Then I treated myself to a new cut and color then a 90 minute massage -- ahhhhh - the life of a triathlete in taper

denise

Mariposai

{{{{{{{{{{{{Leslie}}}}}}}}}}}} praying for her and her family.

Rochrunner, an RA meet up with some of my favorite Michiganders would be a dream come true for me.  Hugs to the divas for me.

Tetsujin, thanks for that posai miles. I really appreciate it.

Fun day at work today. I started allocating the funding and coordinating the implementation of the rental assistance with the staff. It was a great fun and we started helping already today. Great feeling indeed as the fire is still burning, but going away from Omak for now.

I did run 3 miles on the TM today and it felt delicious!

Pass the charcoal eggplant, twocat. Good luck with your run tomorrow.

Hugs to the Saint.

Cheers to all.

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Steve - what race are you talking about?

It's the North Country Trail Run. One guy we met over the weekend had a nice write up about it. I'll look into WoodStock.

Understood, Jay. Kinda like putting air into a tire you know is going to go flat again. Knowing you can fix it, but not having the resources to do so.

Love Enke getting back into a groove.

Doug, we really enjoy it. The town does not even have a flashing light at any of the intersections. The cell reception is spotty. I don't know how people can live like that.

(((((Leslie)))))

SteveP