Masters Running

September Masters Miles (Read 397 times)

DoppleBock

September 396 YTD 3,254 I started out the month half ass (beer drink'n takes my motivation away) but finished strong - I think the last 2 weeks of September have been my most productive training ever. Not mileage wise, but solid mileage with some very strong speed work. (Dacook) Dave - I am on taper also - It seems a shame to taper when I am on a roll, but I want to run at least 1 respectible marathon this year.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

#artbydmcbride

165.1 miles

Runners run

September 396 YTD 3,254
        Yikes! Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thank you wildchild for the monthlies, . . . and beautiful high mountain country photos for us lowlanders. I. RUNNING (September 2008) - 49.3 glorious miles all in the sunshine. . . . 1. 26.2 miles - Belly Mary <(jura>>> . . . 2. 13.1 miles - Labor Day Half Mary<(enke>>> . . . 3. 10 miles - Alki Beach Pedestrian Day. YTD - 478.3 miles II. XT - September A. bike - 33 miles (Salmon Cycle with divechief’s 50 miles). B. swim - 0.5 mile full mooner </(enke></(jura>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Bump! Last call for September miles...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Manchild

24.4 miles in September, probably an all time monthly low for me as I wrestled with a cramping calf muscle and tweaked neck Chris Thanks wild child
              wildchild

Carolyn

Lots of great running in September! The awesome average goes to Enkephalin, with 145.9 miles (average was 145.6). The magnificent median award goes to Jlynne with 133.9 miles, right on the nose. And the highest mileage award goes to Dopple Bock, with an amazing 396 miles! He even beat out dacook, who had "only" 356.3 miles! And everyone made the honor roll! Here's the whole list:
                Name September miles PRs
                Dopple Bock396
                dacook356.38 mi PR
                Jim243152855K and 10 mile
                TomD265.1
                biketm245.3 PR month
                mainerunnah234.4
                tramps203
                Aamos197
                Peter NC190.4
                SueT48187.4
                pfriese179.9
                WRFB177.5
                MrPHinNJ174.8
                HollyS170.1
                Breger165.7
                Ileneforward165.1
                hopeful4ever15922 mile PR run
                SLOjim146.7
                enkephalin145.9
                evanflein144.2 Equinox Marathon course PR!
                predawnrunner139.2
                lyndenrunner135.4
                Jlynne133.9
                henrun131.2
                mtnchk1131.1 monthly PR
                wildchild128.45 PRs
                dtoce124
                perchcreek122.4
                Sarge119.4
                tselbs107
                huskydon103.1
                rlemert102
                Dark Horse100
                Teresadfp100
                Marj95.8
                dg88.2 PR month, longest run, fastest pace, biggest week
                TammyinGP82.810K PR
                nonoruns79.6
                fussyrunner65.4
                johnmaas65.3
                rochrunner52.6
                tetsujin49.3
                evryday49.1
                stumpy7731.9
                charleygross24.4

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps

Thanks, Carolyn. I always find it interesting to peruse the list!

Be safe. Be kind.

I note that Tramps, who of course is my greatest enemy here for both personal and political reasons, had more than double my miles for September. Dark Horse
                    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                    wildchild

Carolyn

So, Dark Horse, you either need to stop being a slacker and up your mileage, or hire someone to go over to Tramps' house to break his kneecaps or install a hidden tripwire or something.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

So, Dark Horse, . . . hire someone to go over to Tramps' house to break his kneecaps or install a hidden tripwire or something.
                        private message to tramps - not that carolyn's message gives me any ideas or anything like that but pm me so I can give you dh's address.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tramps

I note that Tramps, who of course is my greatest enemy here for both personal and political reasons, had more than double my miles for September. Dark Horse
                          Another weak-kneed liberal refusing to take personal responsibility for his (in)action. Although, you have more push-ups and sit-ups than I do by...well...however many you did this month. Wildchild--I'm surprised at you. I thought we were friends?

Be safe. Be kind.

wildchild

Carolyn

Wildchild--I'm surprised at you. I thought we were friends?
                            Sorry, Tramps. I need to use a line borrowed from my nephew, so I'll have to tell you this story: Two summers ago, we had a family reunion on the Oregon coast. There was a telescope set up on the porch, and a group of the kids were out looking at the moon. My sister's daughter came in and complained to her dad, "The boys aren't letting me look. They're waving their smelly socks in my face." She was referring to my brother's 10-year old twin boys. So my BIL said, "I'll have to go out and be Mean Uncle Jim, and get them to stop." Well, he came back in laughing, and said he tried to be Mean Uncle Jim, and asked them sternly what they were thinking. Emmett looked up with a serious expression and said, "I must have had a lapse in judgment." So my apologies, Tramps. I must have had a lapse in judgment. Wink

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks carolyn. me too.

Tramps

I must have had a lapse in judgment.
                                Big grin Good one! You're forgiven. You too, Tet.

Be safe. Be kind.