Masters Running

TGI-FRIDAY 11-21 Run, NonRuns, etc. etc. (Read 516 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Tim... running has it's ups and downs and the downs can last 2-3 months. When I had the plantar fasciitis, deep water running saved my sanity. You can get a good workout. I even did it for up to 2 hrs. If you have access to a pool you might give it a try. Most running injuries heal in 6 weeks and then there is the slow comeback. I finally have some time off so I can catch up with the RA shenanigans. 6 miles this early, snowy morning (ok, a few wet flakes) with 4 miles tempo averaging 7:30 pace. Legs feel great ...finally 100% after exactly 3 months!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

My thoughts are with those who are physically injured and those whose hearts are hurting today. It's hard to have parents leave us, but it's even harder to watch them suffer. Today was a rest day for me, so I spent the morning helping at one of the homeless shelters here. It's hard to describe the kind of life these people have. I know many would say their problems are self-imposed, but it's still sad to see people live like this. Enjoy your gift, everyone.
      Well stated! You have a heart of gold!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #3309

Larry, as I am tired and going to bed, thanks...that really helped...really! Steve, thanks to you too. I will be hitting the pool ok...if I can get my head in the right place...I just wanna run... Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!