Masters Running

Weekly Run & OR X-training thread w/e Feb 3rd (Read 314 times)

BTY-25.6 miles...way to go!!! Dark Horse-27 miles and a whack of cross training evanflein-44.25 miles including some walking,hiking and other stuff evryday-12 miles plus some needed rest days lyndenrunner-29 miles nowor-2 + yoga + travelling pfreise-37.2 miles...looking good seemomgo-30 miles...welcome back... SteveP-Other things take precedence,I know you went snowshoing at least one day... Way to go gang...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@ 8:12 Tue-OFF(BLIZZARD) Wed-3@8:24(ice covered roads) Thur-OFF(needed skates) Fri-7@8:05 Sat-10K@7:39 Sun-6@8:33 Total=27.2 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      BTY

Thanks for the kudos Gordon. Planned cutback week prior to start of 10k program next Monday (2/3) Sunday....................Rest Monday................... 4 miles (Zero) Tuesday...................4 miles (5) Wednesday...............4 - 4.5 miles (4) Thursday..................Rest (4 miles to compensate for missed Monday) Friday......................4 miles (did 5 since I'll probably get rained/snowed out tomorrow) Saturday..................Rest or 4 miles (Rested) Total Plan........16.5 - 20 miles Executed........18 miles
        seemomgo

Hi Gordon - thanks for starting the thread! Nursing the pulled muscle from my exciting round of bowling so this is probably going to be an easy week... Monday.......3 Tuesday.....2 Weds.........3 Thurs.........0 Friday........0 Sat............5 Sun............3 TOTAL 16 What a bad week - not only a bum leg, but a nasty cold on top of that all week. Pass the kleenex.
            Thanks LDR Mon.....rest.............rest Tues....9 miles..........9 miles...I'm baaaack! Wed.....3miles..........3 miles 40mph wind Shocked Thurs....rest............rest Frid......6 miles.........6 miles Sat.......rest............rest Sun......16 miles........16 miles virtually NO wind Shocked Total 34 miles (weekly personal best)
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

GreenMan

This week will have less intensity and miles, but the official Taperama starts next week. Last week ended up 60+ miles including 2 steep days Monday...............walk a bit....................................................walk Tuesday...............4...........................................................4.25 Wednesday...........open for suggestions........................10 Thursday..............4..........................................................10.50 Friday..................XT and CAMPING ..................................10.50.....No Camping Cry Saturday..............~24, Me thinks me buds .......................12 ............................can drop me off ............................at the foot of the mountain ............................and I can hoof it home. Sunday................open for more suggestions, ..........................Probably watch some of the Stupor Bowl. ..........................Who's playin?......................................23.25 Total........................................................................70.25
              Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                Thanks, Lyndenrunner. Smile Monday - Nothing Tuesday - 5 miles on the treadmill Wednesday - 5 miles on the treadmill Thursday - Friday - Saturday - Sunday - Totals: Dark Horse
                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                pfriese

Thanks lyndenrunner,
                  DayMilesComment
                  Mondayrest daydone
                  Tuesday8.1 miles runningdone
                  Wednesday5.1 miles runningdone
                  Thursdayrest daydone
                  Friday7.5 miles runningdone
                  Saturday13.9 miles runningdone
                  Sunday6.0 miles runningdone
                  Total40.6 miles runningDONE
                  Paul
                  SteveP

Monday-0 Tuesday-3 Wednesday-0 The grand child is already screwing up my runs Thursday-3.6 Friday-0 Saturday-3.3 Sunday-0 Total: 9.9 Embarrassed

SteveP

Dutchie42

Can I join? Mon.....45 min swim training: a.o. Cooper test 475 meters with breast stroke, 775 meters total Tue.....8.4K run Wed....11K on TM: mix of intervals for first 7K then 2K of fast running (for me) and 2K at ...........base pace. Thu.....60min swim training: 250 meter freestyle test (7 minutes, problems with breathing), 900 meters total Fri........nada (bad storm, didn't sleep well) Sat......upper body strength training, skipped abs. Sun.....25K long run on the TM: 2:51:48, including two longish bathroom breaks. the 1st 10K was 6 minutes slower than the 2nd 10K. Guess that's good.

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Ack! Gordon how did I miss this thread this week! It's almost over, but here's what's been going on ...
                        DayMilesComment
                        MondayXT day30 mins stationary bike (8 miles); 2 miles walking on TM
                        Tuesday8 miles Progressive Tempo run; 1 mile walkingAlso did upper body weights/crunches on stability ball
                        Wednesday5 miles running w/2 @ MP, 1 mile walking
                        Thursday6 miles w/ 2@MP, 1 mile walking (no weights...)
                        FridayRest Day2.25 mile walk with DH, ran stairs at lunchtime!
                        Saturday8 miles of hilly runningOnly -6 and Sunny! Smile
                        Sunday18 milesFirst 13.2 outside at -20 avg temps, last 4.8 on the treadmill at home!
                        Total40'ish running45.05 running total, plus other stuff

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Lynden, it’s me a month early but I just found out about a brand new 50K/100K around my favorite barefoot friendly venue on the 2.8 mile circuit at Green Lake on 3/29 so I just can’t wait around until fidgeting until my traditional March season openers. Besides winter tapering has been great in the two months since the Seattle Marathon with only the 3.2 mile Resolution run to break up the monotony. 1/27 (Sun) - taper done 1/28 (Mon) - taper done 1/29 (Tue) - taper done 1/30 (Wed) - taper done 1/31 (Thu) - taper done 2/1 (Fri) - 4. miles done 2/2/ (Sat) - 1.0 smiley mariposai miles done thanks very much for keeping up the weekly

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

nowor

Sunday-3 mi in gorgeous FL weather Monday- Put on my coat and flew back to Boston Tues- strength training and core/ball classes Wed- 3 mi of rainy slippery run, but fun Thurs- strength training and core/ball class in AM; yoga class in PM Except for walks that's it! Good to be home and be able to check everyone's progress. Summary: 7 measly miles + strength, core, and yoga