Masters Running

Flying Friday. 9/26/14 (Read 30 times)

evanflein

I hope Mike finds Holly soon.

I used to like flying more than I do now. I fly quite a bit for work, and it's not too bad when I get an upgrade, but coach is pretty hard on my back. I'm heading to FL this weekend, too! Have a conference in Boca Raton and going to Ft. Lauderdale then a shuttle. Long flight, back on Wednesday night so a quick trip.

Aamos, where in FL are you? I don't remember....

Another beautiful sunny day here. No cider or doughnuts but we sure have the crisp temperature thing down. I'll get out for an afternoon run. Having back problems the last few weeks and this morning it's very uncomfortable. I think it's a sign I need to be doing more strength training and core work....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks jay. I wondered what all the fuss was about. Maybe it’s because I’ve been rolling around myself on a tennis ball for my sore triathlon shoulder that the cat story was fine for me. In fact, the ball hurt so much for the first couple of days. I wish I’d’ve had a cat to take it away too. 
      ps - However, although it hardly ever happens to me, it’s difficult to decide whether to correct/edit one’s own previously-posted posts when it would result in pre-empting a subsequent poster’s post’s position as the most recently posted post.  oh well.  we all know what most of us mean even though it might not mean what we mean the way it's posted.

See steve, you should have gone to lunch with twocat.
      Amy - let’s start a runner’s poetry society.
      Tammy - he’s a kid in super shape and will super-recover.
      when we got upgraded to first class on a similar transpacific
      once in the old “Northwest Orient Airlines” days (I can still
      hear the jingle), I was surprised she was eating the caviar
      I knew she didn't like.  She said she thought she had to since
      we were in first class.  Not quite like when in SouthWest Airlines

economy once and she commented that the fried chicken patty

was good but it “didn’t have any taste.”  

mikeE - traveling is a lot easier when you don’t need to take so much hydration paraphernalia let alone special shoes for running.   good luck in Vermont.   Try not to get lost or run out of water.  Maybe CNY Karin and wildC can carry any extras you might need along the way.

ETA tomorrow's 50K - I don’t think I’ll need any of the steins of beer being provided to runners in tomorrow’s Fat Glass 50K to have fun there but, compared to the Ironman rule that “shoes and shirts are required on the bike and run courses,” today’s race update on the beverages and aid stations states, “All you need to bring are shoes (optional), running shorts (not optional) and a great spirit.”

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

Tet, some of my poetry has been published in an online poetry journal.

I'm presently working on self-publishing some of my work with an emphasis on running and jazz (if I can get beyond my laziness). I like your idea.

Sayhey! MM#130

Aamos, where in FL are you? I don't remember....

YES!  Let's do that!

I'm about 2 hours west of Ft. Lauderdale, just a zip down Alligator Alley. 

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mariposai

What a fun weekend this is going to be for the VT folks. We hope to see a lot of pictures!!!!

No running for me, I am tapering for my 10k race tomorrow. Well, I did not run yesterday either .

Back to work.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

we found each other!  Unfortunately we are stuck in traffic trying to get to Vermont from Boston.  We have been in stop and go traffic for 2.25 hours already and are still 1.5 hours out....blech...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

ps - However, although it hardly ever happens to me, it’s difficult to decide whether to correct/edit one’s own previously-posted posts when it would result in pre-empting a subsequent poster’s post’s position as the most recently posted post.  oh well.  we all know what most of us mean even though it might not mean what we mean the way it's posted. 

I find it amazing and hilarious that I fully understand this. And I agree! 

Holly, I just am always surprised by that kind of traffic. We just don't have to deal with that. A traffic jam for us is not being able to make it through the intersection on the first light.

Well, this back thing (feels like SI joint problem) hasn't been a problem for running up to now. Just sitting and straightening up from a bent over position (like putting on shoes, getting something from bottom shelf, etc) has been a problem. But nope, it's moved into my running now. Made it barely a mile when it became clear I had to stop. Walked back to work, muttering curses under my breath. Drat. Does not make the prospect of 9 hours in a plane very attractive, either.

Shoot Holly!  Is the race tomorrow or Sunday?  Guess I could check the intrepid.

Shoot Erika!  That sucks.  Try as much walking and keeping your lower abs engaged.

I finally, geez, got a run in this week.  4 miles with Remi after work, a bit sweaty as it was 67F or so and sunny.  One of the guys I see on the bus that never acknowledges me recognized me when I ran past him near the bus stop.  I think it is the panting cute dog that gets the attention.

I wonder if I can get Mr. C to try jogging a few miles.  Surely he can do that - I mean, he hiked 24 miles last Sunday (swoon!) after 12 on the Saturday.

Have fun at the fat ass 50K Tet!  I'd be there if it weren't for my distraction by the Mr. this weekend.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet, some of my poetry has been published in an online poetry journal.

I'm presently working on self-publishing some of my work with an emphasis on running and jazz (if I can get beyond my laziness). I like your idea.

Henry - that's why we get retired to have time to do what we didn't have time for before retiring.  Problem is, everyone else thinks we're sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting for them to come up with all the things they want us to do. Tell 'em  you're the first President Laureate of the new Poetry in Motion Society..

enks - maybe Mr. Swoon might like the salmon 5K
                    Unless he turns out to be a barefoot runner himself,

I promise I'll pretend I don't know you.

poor erika's back's affecting her brain.

The older you get, the worse it gets.

Have fun in Florida.,

Lucky

hope steve has a quiet drive-in whopper tonight

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)