Masters Running

survey on possible future running data collection devices (Read 138 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

All the recent shoe discussion's been way out of my league but I thought a timely link on www.marathonmaniacs.com about a University of Washington U of W Intelligent Shoe Survey might be apropos. It turned out not to be about shoes but about built-in or add-on data collection devices so it was kind of fun even for me to participate in the short survey. Maybe fun for others too. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=J4twumczY1uKXr7dmy05xw_3d_3d =============================== Advanced Motion Technologies, Inc. is developing innovative technologies that will enable real-time portable gait analysis for runners to aid in their training and help them avoid overuse injuries. Completion of this survey will help us in this pursuit. For more information, please visit our site at http://www.amtwellness.com. This survey comprises of 8 brief profile questions and 15 short survey questions (23 in all) and should take no more than 10 minutes. We greatly appreciate your time in completing this survey and value your feedback and suggestions! =============== e.g., . . . 12. Let’s imagine you could buy an “intelligent shoe/device”, rate the following features: a. Run time and Distance b. Speed (Average, Increasing/Decreasing pace, Peak speed during run) c. Real-time foot motion biomechanics information (ankle rotation, etc.) d. Real-time foot pressure biomechanics information (max pressure, etc.) e. Biomechanical data storage for post-run evaluation & analysis f. Shoe failure / overuse warning g. Geographical elevation (Incline Grade, Min, Maximum, Gain and Loss) h. Calorie data i. Heart rate j. Social Networking (comparing runs, locate your friends on the trail, local running activities, etc.) k. Brand name Do you have any additional comments or would you be willing to help guide the development of the portable gait analyzer?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)