Masters Running

Monday April 28 Master/Boomer Runs (Read 571 times)

Ran 5K this evening; started in the rain; ended in a drizzle while watching a beautiful sunset. Almost used the rain as an excuse not to run, but then I (1) remembered that there's NO wiggle room in my schedule this week, (2) reminded myself how much I needed the stress relief of a run and (3) asked myself "What Would Erika Do?" Or any of the Mighty Masters Marathoners, for that matter. Also thought about the fact that it just might rain the day of my 5K in June. (duh) Soooooo glad I ran after all. It reminded me that rain with temps in the 60s beats heat and humidity any day! Glad to see that Deb and Steve are running again. Deb, take care of that throat. Steve, uh, gee, came close to TMI on the foot thing! Tongue Hope it's feeling better soon. Yikes, after 9! Past my bed time! 'night all. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Night night Eliz!!! As far as the job search, I would also not waste time. I was layed off a few years back, and thought I had plenty of time to relax and take it easy. Well, after 9 monthes and my unemployment checks ran out, and a lot of my savings, I was terrified....bummed out depressed and every negative emotion a person could go through. I finally found a good job that I have now....but wish I wouldn't have waited so long to be serious about my job search. 11 fairly easy miles for me tonight in 1:38 and some change. Have a great night all. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

King of PhotoShop

Carolyn, FWIW, I think Spareribs' advice is right on the mark. I DID take some time off, and then it was just harder to get motivated to find a job. My job search dragged on for awhile at that point, also. Blech. It would have been better to jump right back in. Since we're self-employed, we have to pay $1,333 a month for our family's health insurance. That's with a high deductible! Kills me to write that check every month. Then we dish out another $900 a month for professional liability insurance (structural engineers pay through the nose for it). Insurance of all kinds is definitely the item that takes up most of our budget. Good luck!! I'll keep sending good thoughts and prayers your way. I know how you feel! Teresa
        Yes, Teresa, people who work for the man have no idea how lucky they are if they get medical or other insurance coverage. Good point. We pay $17,000 a year for our medical coverage, and of course for the business I have the standard liability policy, plus what is known as "Errors and Omissions" . It is quite expensive. But my practice is successful and although I work hard, I have a great deal of fun right now, so we don't begrudge the expense. It is what it is. Speaking of liability, I was thinking of asking the carriers to insert a clause that says, "The errors and omissions that the contractor may be liable for are primarily due to senility and are not likely to cause serious harm..." I doubt they would go for it. Spareribs
          Six slow soggy solo miles after school today. I like alliteration. Hally my geocaching handle is Golden Eagle VB Time for sleep before a brisk bicycle commute in the morning.
          stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Monday all, especially to the new guy, Tom White Wink Very happy to see you here, since I find it so hard to come visit over there. BTW, my best to Pickles, hope she's well and keeping you under control (somewhat anyway) Hi to everyone else who have follwed the leader. (Hi La T) Eliz--a run in 60 degree rain sounds divine--of course, any run in any temperature or wetness would sound great to me. kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Renee the dog

5 more miles for me tonight in rain for the first 1/10 mi, then it completely stopped. Babysitter and I stopped at 1 mi and did a striptease that two cars got to enjoy Roll eyes It was quite humid but lovely to complete my first double ever (running a.m./p.m.). We did run by my house at the 4 mi mark and I ditched Renee the dog, as she was a total carpy partner tonight. I felt about 50 lbs lighter! Good runs to all tonight/tomorrow and nice to see folks fired up about the rarer posters.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I'm just going to follow tomwhite around - where next?
                ...way my month's been going, probably down a flight of stairs....... ok, Tues I'm gonna follow YOU around......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....