Masters Running

Sunday 11/18 Monkeying Around Runs (Read 405 times)

Good Sunday morning and good luck to all of our Monkey people today! Hopefully the weather is perfect and you all have a great race. Nice picture yesterday and I gotta agree with Leslie - Slo looks like he's in total misery with all those beautiful wimmin' Wink

10 glorious miles today. First double digit run for me since last summer and my back finally cooperated for a nice run in beautiful temps - Sunny and 38° with no wind. I ran in capris with a light jacket and no gloves at a decent 9:17 pace.

Have a nice vacation Leslie. Tom - have fun with Claire. Ribs - you're a great dad, you know that? Sorry about Ryan Mike. He's a great runner and has a wonderful career ahead of him.

Off to string Christmas lights outside. Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

mornin' jlynne//.........

....lynden//..........what kind of DefensiveTactics??.......sounds interesting

=======

40min BikeRide

30-degrees, which is Colder on a Bike,,,,,,,,,need to re-think Gear

damn near killed myself stopping for a LARGE tincan (cutting Side out) which I got off the road,

but

had trouble getting off and back on........probably need to work on that part

................good running guys...........will try to post some Claire Pics

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Hi, I'm new here. There will be a few of us moving over from RW.

I'm Cindy. I started running 5 years ago at 47. My one and done marathon was the Tulsa Route 66 two years ago. For the last year I've just run when I felt like it, so not much. I'm hoping to commit to a plan, even if I don't have a goal race. DH is retiring in about 6-8 months and we will be making a major move. The house is under contract and closes 12/17, so we are moving into an apartment in a couple of weeks. Major downsizing. I need running to help keep me sane.

...Welcome Aboard cindy//........a lot of us use Exercise for what we count as Sanity........hope you enjoy the group

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TW...I work in a jail...Defensive Tactics is like self defense but you are trying to control your opponent instead of just hurting him...but we can also hurt them  Smile

4 sluggish miles...but I beat the rain...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
            Tramps

Nice monkey pic yesterday.  Looks like they're having fun already.

Welcome to Cindy.  Check out the training log here, if you haven't already.  It's a nice way to keep yourself motivated.  And good luck with the downsizing!

Rest day today, though I've got a "to do" list the length of my arm.

Be safe. Be kind.

I've already met a bunch of cool RA  folks at the Flying Monkey pre-race packet pickup and impromptu party in the lobby of the Microtel!  Here's a picture of SloHand with the RA wimmin folks.  More pictures to come tomorrow! 

I am so jealous! And also realizing that I'm hanging around with so many youngsters in here.

Cindy, if you came here to help keep your sanity, you're in for a wake-up call. But welcome anyway and let us know about your runs!

A day off between running outings, but went to the rec center with my DW this morning for some strength workouts. We took a nice walk yesterday afternoon on the nature center trails at a local park and will probably take another long walk this afternoon. No sense in wasting these great 50s-and-sunny days that will soon come to an end, even though part of me would like to watch this afternoon's U.S. Formula 1 race in Austin on live TV.

Now where are those Monkey runners??

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Jay, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.  My condolences to his family.  enke, good job in your 4 mile race.  stealth_mr, welcome and post often.

Nice long runs for Jay, fatozzig, and jlynne.

Yesterday, I did a 5K Turkey Trot in Bad Axe, MI, about 45 minutes north of here.  I think this was my 12th consecutive year for this race.  It's a smaller, low tech race.  This may be the last year for the "popsicle sticks" at the finish.  There was talk of upgrading to the "tearoff slips on a spindle" method for next year.  The starting gun is a muzzle loader rifle with a bore that looks like the business end of a cannon.  I generally see a lot of my racing friends at this race and was not disappointed this year.  I finished in 28:31 for a 9:09 pace.  I was 45/64 OA and 3/3 in my AG (63+) (The age groups are not by ages 5 or 10 increments.  I believe the RD sets them up at ages that give age groups about the same size.)  Instead of shirts, runners get a pair of running socks.  The AG awards are turkeys, pumpkin pies, and jugs of cider.  The weather was nice, about 40° and just a light wind.  I did a mile warmup and .9 mile cooldown to get 5 miles for the day.

This morning, it was in the mid to high 30s and there was just a light wind.  I got in 3 miles at a 9:45 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Slo

Hi Cindy! Great day for a run thru a hilly park. I wish someone would have told me it was 26 some miles! Met some great RA people...3 very pretty ladies in particular. And you to Paul!

Some great runs out there,..3 or 4 slow K's out here. beautiful day here. So the 13th is when they will kickstart my heart..here's hoping it keeps on ticking...

Have a great night everyone...chicken spinach noodle soup on the stove ready to be eaten.

Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey, we survived the day and  lived to tell about it!  Carolyn got a 10 minute PR!  Esther rocked a the course and is a Maniac!!!  I was 2 minutes slower than last time, but with 2 pottie stops, that's not bad....Steve kicked all our butts and Paul made it in under his goal - a great day all around!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

oops - I was logged in as Holly when I posted the picture - we're rooming together, and she's sharing my laptop! 

RA masters are the best!   It was an awesome race and perfect weather,  and I ran with Trent for about 5 miles, which was fun.  And I never thought the Monkey would be a PR course, but I managed a 10 minute PR, and 2nd AG!  I had met Holly and OM before, but I got to meet Slo and Paul, and I got to meet two running gods, Dopple Bock and Stevie Ray!   I love sea level running! 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Bushrat Runner

-1F wind 20 gusting 30...all weekend...arghhhh...I can take the temperature but the wind makes it tough to get motivated...

Anyone have some cheese to go with my whine?

Nevermind...I'll just get my courage up and get out there at some point if the wind isn't going to cooperate I'll have to go do battle...

Maniac 505

PR at the Monkey?  Unbelievable.  and congrats to the newest Maniac. 

Winter has finally arrived.  For the first part of this week, I have been working downtown Seattle (a 1.5 mile bike ride).  I have run 3 or 4 miles most days.  Today My boat moved and I have to drive a few miles north to work.   The commute on top of my 12 hour shifts cut into my time off so probably no runs today or tomorrow.