Masters Running

MCM rr (Read 483 times)

Aamos, you rock in sooooo many ways! Thank you for this wonderful report.
      Aamos, That was awesome. I'm not American and I've never been to D.C. but that becomes irrelevant when I read a report like this. By the way, can you write my next race report for me? You are just so eloquent.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Amy---Thank you for this fantastic report. I am so glad you took the time to describe this and with such pride and eloquence. One of the running Js ran this as well yesterday. Canada J just became an American citizen and decided to run MCM as her own tribute. When I called her yesterday to say hurray, she went on with such enthusiasm about all aspects of the race. She is a woman of very few words, so I knew that this was quite different. Nice racing too with such even precision. Even though I don't really want to grow up----if I did-----I would want to be like you. Karin
          I ran it last year and it is a great race. A very inspirational RR! I am sure the Marines were proud to have somebody like you there to run the race they dedicate to everybody.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

huskydon

aamos, Thank your for your moving RR. Clearly, this race means so much to so many people. huskydon
            arf

MM #405

Amy Congrats! You continue to amaze me with your incredible times! And it's been WAY too long since I've surprised you with a hug and patted my buddy Frank Sad I have ALWAYS wanted to run the Marine Corps...I remember seeing a write up about it in Runners World magazine in the 80's. I hope I get to see you somewhere, somehow in 09'... hugs arf
              SteveP

AAmos, thank you for the very moving RR.

SteveP

that was probably the most beautiful RR i've ever read -- thank you for sharing!!

denise

Renee the dog

Just got a chance to read this. Thank you for pulling your thoughts together to compose this report.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

DickyG

Wow! What an incredible report...not to mention your typically incredible performance...6th out of 424...you're getting too good, Amy. Also brings back many fond memories...as I think I've mentioned, I ran in the very first one in 1976 and have done many of them. Originally, it was run in November but at some point moved to October where it conflicted with our only local race. But I certainly remember the significant checkpoints, the surreal finish area, and yes...those mylar blankets. This race has come a long way...I think the first year (1976) they only had maybe 1,000-2,000 runners. Now that I've read your truly inspirational and motivational post, I'm considering going back into training. Thanks... DickyG

Maniac 505

Amy awesome report, this wasn't on my list, it is now. Look forward to seeing you at RNR Seattle, if not before Dave

Marathon Maniac #957

What a moving and powerful report! You've made another convert to the "I want to do this one" crowd. Fabulous stats, btw, excellent racing!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Wonderful report, Amy. Thank you for being so eloquent and putting forth the respect that the men and women protecting our country so richly deserve. And what an incredible race you ran! Congratulations!

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thank you for such a moving rr about a lot more than running. Maybe with the NYC mary's history seven years ago, please rr it too if possible. Especially if a "NY" will fill up your states (and DC). CONGRATULATIONS AMY! AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, __, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY,

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Please pass me a kleenex .... What a moving and inspiring report Amy! I felt like I was right there with you - even though it has been 40 years since I was in DC. After reading this, I too would really like to run this marathon.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com