Masters Running

Sunday Dec 23rd Runs and Stuff (Read 621 times)

Tramps

Okay, I was waiting for someone to start this thread but since there's no takers and I have to work today here goes: Coffee cup curls; no running. Please, someone do better than that! Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

spacityrunner

Tramps, thanks for getting us started. I am about to suit up and go out for a 6.2 mi walk....in the fog! I will report upon return (I had to finish the coffee cup curls before I went out Big grin)

Trails Rock!

Hi Tramps!! I have nothing more. Yet.
          Coffee cup curls here, too. Actually I would like to get away from the coffee and go to green tea, which is supposed to have all kinds of benefits. In that respect as in all other respects, I'm a work in progress. Dark Horse
          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

Marathon Maniac #957

Tramps - I guess we were dual-posting, starting a Sunday thread. I don't think I can delete the other one, so I'll just post twice. I hope we haven't split the universe in two. Erika – I am continually amazed at your toughness in running in those amazingly cold temps. Btw, to post my Garmin chart, I had to use something Hally showed me called PrintKey. http://www.webtree.ca/newlife/printkey_info.htm It’s freeware, software that allows you to save a picture of whatever’s on your screen. Then you can crop it down to what you want. When I woke up at 5:30am, I was so thrilled to see 56 degrees at weather.com, that I discounted the 30mph winds that went with it, excitedly dragged out my shorts from a drawer (SHORTS, did you hear that?) and headed out the door. About a mile from home, the rain started. With the high winds, it was like being outside in a hurricane, sheets of water hitting me sideways and blinding me. If it hadn’t been for the glare from my extremely white legs, I might never have found my way home (Holly, with your legs so bright, won’t you guide my sleigh tonight?) So I traded out today for a x-training day. First, a 3-mile run (stagger), then: lunges L&R, front raises L&R, bench dips, triceps extensions, bent rows, glute raises, dumbbell curls, and a 13-minute ab/core workout video.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Good morning all. Trying to find a workout that doesn't leave me hobbling at the end of the day, so I walked one lap on the dirt (1.1 miles) then jogged one lap. I'll know at about dinner time how I feel. That is the insidious part of PF, that the foot doesn't hurt when you run. The pain creeps in later and not on little cat feet either. It's 30 degrees in Dallas, bright blue sky and no wind, a beautiful day to be out there. Spareribs
              dg.

morning everybody Tramps, thanks for starting, & for this: "Please, someone do better than that!" Now I can post, since I can just barely slip in under that category! the gym was closed yesterday, so I did a little bit on the TM, this morning. walking warmup then just over a mile run. (1.1. I still have to keep track) I don't think it hurt anything, & if that proves true it will be the first time. so oh boy! now that was in addition to the coffee cup curls, so I feel pretty ahead of the game here. Wink DH, I spent time considering whether to have green tea this morning. (really). that's a start. eta. SR, I'm sorry! this is probably the only time in my life that my run will match yours. Big grin
                  A very windy but warm 3.5 for me today. I started out for a longer run and thought by running into the 30 mph winds I would sail back. After about 1.5 miles of that junk I turned and headed for home. I can't believe I am about to say this but I would rather run in temps in the teens with no wind than in the 40s and this windy. Erika I am just catching up so a late congrats on your latest mary. You are one determined person. Good luck with number 6.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Good luck with number 6.
                    Hallllllar, When I saw this I thought you were talking about Elizabeth Taylor's latest husband, but it was only Erika's latest marathon. Listen, don't encourage her. She lives up in Alaska and it is too cold to run marathons up there. One of these days she is going to freeze her butt off and become a candidate for the world's first butt transplant. (I recommend Ilene's butt, if it becomes available.) Dark Horse
                    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                    seemomgo

Good morning! Tramps - thanks for starting our day! No coffee or caffiene for me. I'mm already a wound up crazy woman....imagine adding caffeine to the mix. 3.5 miles this morning. Today's sunrise was the most beautiful! Colors so vivid you can hardly describe them: orange and pink and yellow swirls or clouds...What a way to start the day. Enjoy today everyone! C-mom
                        ......MAN//.......you guys are hard to find......... .......I heard The Tribe was gonna practise Cannabalism, and decided to check in, just in case you needed some tips..... ......also, I heard there was a picture of ilene's rear-end ..... ........................................................ok, there is NO good way to end that sentence///

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I didn't plan to run today, but, like Holly, I saw sunshine and 40+ temperatures outside and decided I couldn't pass it up. It had rained heavily in the early AM, wiping out almost all of the snow. But then there was still that steady 25-mph wind from the west... The rail-trail that I wanted to run on took me right into the wind. The trail was not fully melted, and when I hit a long icy patch I found myself doing a Marcel Marceau impression, so I had to turn around and finished the rest of a 4.2-mile run on local subdivision streets, ducking the wind as much as I could. It's already clouded over and dropping into the 30s, so good timing on my part. Here's hoping for some good running for the rest of you today!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

,,,,,,ps,,,,,,,,,,,how hard is it to post an Avatar?? my choice of sites may depend on that.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Holly, too funny. Working on my CC curls right now.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

tomwhite, go into options, top right corner, then go to "my forum preferences"

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."