Masters Running

Weekly Weigh-In Ending 08/24/2014 (Read 22 times)

BlazinCajun

This is the place to commit to and encourage others in support of their weigh loss/gain goals. We all are going through fitness of various cycles which are directly related to phase of training, life's commitments, injury, and just starting the running thing. All are welcome to sign up for this ongoing thread. Just state your weight goal and once a week status. Some folks are already where they want to be and are just trying to maintain. Try to  be consistent when you conduct your weekly weigh-in. Any day of the week is fine - some folks use a particular scale. Have a burning calorie week. Andrew

Name

Goal Weight lbs. (date)  

Weekly loss/gain 

Total Lost 

Awards/Demerits

BlazinCajun -9.0 (08/17)  -1.5 2.0  
    Brian -8.2 (08/17)    

C-R -6.0 (08/24)      
    dg. -7.0 (08/17)      
    fatozzig  0.0 (08/17)   0  
    Holly S. -5.0 (08/17)      
    Ileneforward -7.0 (08/17)   1.0  
    KellyDodge -14 (08/17)   0  

Yeah - figured out the borders

WALK AFTER DINNER
    "A 20-minute stroll immediately after polishing off dessert, while slow enough not to interfere with digestion, burns up to 100 calories and reduces the amount of fat-promoting insulin released into your body," says Carl Foster, a professor in the department of exercise and sports science at the University of Wisconsin–La Crosse.

Andrew
    ------------------
    God, my Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
    and enables me to go upon the heights.
    Hb 3:19

BlazinCajun

Today's not the day that I normally weigh-in; however, noticed a larger than normal drop in weight today. Went through five sweaty shirts yesterday working in  the yard, carpentry project at our daughter's high school, and  warm afternoon run. Hopefully by Thursday every thing will be back to normal.

Andrew
      ------------------

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, I weighed in today, and could definitely stand to lose a few lbs.  I will aim at - 5 as a goal.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BlazinCajun

Very good Holly - I'll set your start date as 8/17. Of course anyone else can join regardless when they start.

Andrew
          ------------------

I like Weigh-In Wednesday for me.  After packing on some water weight (okay - and maybe a little bit of food weight) from over the weekend, I was back at 140 this morning.  My goal is to stay between 140 and 142.

So I can eat dessert so long as I walk for at least 20 min afterward?  SWEET!!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

BTY

Work travel this week.  I weighed in at home on Tuesday morning since I won't be back from my "world tour" (Albany-Syracuse-Rochester-Buffalo and back) until Thursday night,  and when I travel my diet is frightful.

8.2 pounds still to go, 0.0 weight loss this week, 0.0 pounds to date.  Likely I won't step on the scale until next Monday.....  yeesh.  At least I'm consistent.

dg.

ok.     I'm in.    or to be more precise, I'm out.   ; - ).

need to lose 7.      could use some support.

thanks for doing this!
                I started (again, again, again)  8/16.    3 good days, 2 meh.

BlazinCajun

dg. - Welcome to the group.

I am finding out that I as get older losing weight after a layoff is getting more difficult as well as getting back in shape. I do love the leaner me and I never really believe in dieting. Figured out that if I master one change at a time I am going to be more successful than trying to change everything at one time especially towards developing a lifestyle that contributes to being fit. Any pounds lost enables each future run to be much more enjoyable.

Andrew
                  ------------------

C-R

Good one BC. I'll play but I am looking to do this slowly. Right now looking to drop 1 lb per week for the next five or six.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

BlazinCajun

Good one BC. I'll play but I am looking to do this slowly. Right now looking to drop 1 lb per week for the next five or six.

C-R - So you goal is -6 lbs starting this week? If that is correct I'll go ahead and put you down for - 6. Slow is always best, right? Do you have a particular race that you are trimming for? Welcome to the group.

Weighed in this morning - lost 1.5 lbs this week. Trying to get to 154 before I start any serious speed work. May be a little dehydrated from the last few days.

Andrew
                      ------------------

Just a dude.

Since I weighed in last Friday, I'll just keep this list on Fridays.

I am now 12 pounds from my goal.

Lost 2 lbs this week.

Thanks!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I'm ducking back in here to fortify myself against the onslaught of donuts at work today.  Our new receptionist AND one of the attorneys each brought in a dozen donuts.  . . . . they are evil people and must be destroyed. 

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

BlazinCajun

. . . . they are evil people and must be destroyed. 

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day. Love it! I am not going to ask . . .

Andrew
                            ------------------

icom100

Can anyone join this group? Im Brian, 56 yrs old. Have lost about 65 lbs so far. Am kinda stuck around 187 right now. Want to get to 167, so that's 20 lbs. Don't know if that's possible. Im turning in 36 min 5ks right now. Want to improve. Trying to not get injured any more than I already am.

BlazinCajun

Can anyone join this group?

Brian, Congrats on your weight loss. Feel free to join - we all have goals towards a leaner and speedy self. Just weigh your self as often as you want but report only one weigh-in per week, usually the same day of the week.

Andrew
                                ------------------