Masters Running

Monday February 9, 2015 Runs and Whatnot (Read 33 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

That girl just can't keep still!

gee, I wonder who she takes after too.

If wildchild hasn't got lost yet,.you haven't run with me or anyone I know, including herein, I bet.  Actually, that's kind of unbelievable and I'm already looking forward to your "I-Got-Lost" RR.  good luck. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Busy day for me.  My travels to work were an adventure in driving through rain that turned straight into ice upon landing on the windshield.  It was 19 out!!!  Made it in one piece.  Whew!  I have no idea how they are surviving up in Boston.  It is bad enough here an they are setting all sorts of records.  Although this weekend looks to get even with us in lower New England.  Cold, cold, cold!!  Just an elliptical day for me.  Tomorrow I have to figure out if the roads are passable for running.  No way they are today.  Ice all over.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Leslie, 15 trail miles in under 3 hours is pretty darn good in my book!  Hope the hip flexor thing resolves itself soon!

Um, let me clarify the 3 hr thing by saying it was at the McKay.  A rather benign - beautiful - but benign stretch of logging road, as you know.

And hmm . . . you might be relocating to SoCal in the winters, huh?  Depending on where you might possibly end up, there are some great running clubs down that direction.

This is a great PSA by Great Britain, targeting girls and women of all ages.

And while running the McKay yesterday, I found a nice dog tag that belonged to "Duke."  Evidently, he was having such a great time at some point recently, he lost his ID!  Poor doggy!  It included his address, so I mailed it back to him with a nice letter and addressed the envelope and letter to him specifically. 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

The poor child went to dinner with my auntie, my cousin, and me, and got an earful of What She Should Do as we all unloaded our fantasies of how we'd do it over again if we were 17 and had the world by the tail.  But she has a plan and quite resents our attempts to insert our do-overs into her life...

Thank you, Sal, for after all these years expressing what I felt when everyone was telling me what I should do when considering a course of study and at what university! Although, word of warning, I felt I got so much pressure that I bucked all the "advice" and followed my heart with absolutely no concern for employment afterwards. My degree in agriculture (horse production) is absolutely worthless in not only Alaska, but most of the U.S. But I had the "bit in my teeth" and wouldn't listen to anything else. My dad, bless him (the detractor from the rest of my fam), insisted that I follow my heart and "the job will come later." Well, ok, I followed my heart, and now work in HR. So... yes, "a" job came later, but not sure it's "the" job. Whatever. Be supportive and let her do what feels right.

5.2 easy miles on the TM tonight.

SteveP

+1 one reporting the dog.

Erika, I got my first 3 hour run getting lost this time of year. It wasn't on trail;s though. It was a small town where most of the residents were seasonal. All on paved roads and for nearly an hour and a half, I didn't even hear a vehicle. I started looking for Rod Serling. When I make deliveries to school kids, inevitably one will ask how much money I make. If you like what you do, you may never get rich, but life is good. If you don't, regardless of how much money you make, you'll always wonder if it's worth it.

Enke, the right guy will come along, probably when you aren't really looking for him.

Put me in the once a week camp. Ugh.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

. "Bring a winter coat," I said.  "Oh, I'll be fine with my shell and some layers," she said.  She is not fine and I am doing my damnedest not to lecture or smirk as she shivers.  But she is too proud and stubborn to take me up on either a loan of my parka (as she's the one of us doing the outdoors touring for the most part) or a even an offer of a new one.  I have no idea where she got that stubborn streak.

My DD has also taken an aversion to winter coats this year, and many a school morning I find myself begging her to dress warmer.

Leslie- what is The McKay?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Wrong day -- moved to Tuesday.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"