Masters Running

Wednesday, April 16 (Read 40 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya, where is everyone?  Reading about the 2 backpacks left on Boylston St. last night?

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

C-R

Hay  Aamosy   I heard about that last night  Some twisted minds out there Civility prevents m from saying what I really at to say  Perhaps I can channel that anger into a good run this evening hve a great day for those to follow

Cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

I agree - some twisted minds out there.

25 degrees here this morning.  I was not in the mood to get out the winter stuff I so recently packed.  So I stayed inside.

6 miles on the TM.

All the creaky parts are feeling good again....

For now, anyway....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

I'm home from Cleveland.  Worked on the track up there and skipped yesterday entirely due to the SNOW!  Went to the track today and did 3 x 800, about 8 minute pace. Going to race Saturday somewhere.  Playing bridge this afternoon.  That is all. Spareribs

Sayhey! MM#130

Pshew, looks like one bag was left by a person with mental illness, I would say, and the second by a distracted New England Cable news staffer.  Should I even bring my knapsack to Boston?? Probably won't be able to bring it anywhere.

6.2 for me this morning, last three sub 9 (last one sub 8).  Speed work last night with the Speedsters: 12 x 400.  Hate. those.  Still, this group is serious, there are good runners and I think it's helping me get fast.  No time goal for Boston.  Figure it will be crowded and emotional.  Just grateful to be there.   Mike, my number is 24623, thanks for asking.

....where it is 32 at present.    Sorry for the Ohio snow, Holly and Ribs.  Yig to the 84th power.

C-R, you let us know about that run.

You think Braeger is singing this weekend?

grins and happy rest o' the day.  Wednesday is somekinda pasta day at my house, at least tonight.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Six very cold miles today in local park.  Had to do multiple loops on one side of park since last night's rain caused creek to flood.  As a result the causeway across creek was flooded.  Felt like a hamster in a wheel but better than a dreadmill.  Though I have to admit that the 34F and gusty wind made me think twice about the dreadmill.   I was dressed for winter with hat, gloves, windbreaker, layers etc.  I much prefer the 50-60F temps we've been having.

Good luck and have a great time to all those RA and Master folks who are running Boston. May the race be "uneventful" and you all have a great time.  

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

...Wising Good Running to the Marathoners.......

...........and

Falling down a lengthy flight of stairs to whoever left those backpacks.....

==========

..but I digress.....

.......28mprnb

deo

.................counting down to my first vacation in four-years...............ohboyohboy

..good running guys......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

.................counting down to my first vacation in four-years...............ohboyohboy

..good running guys......

Yea!  Where ya goin'??

Holly - Glad the creaky parts are feeling better.

I got in 4 EZ last night after work, then had 4 miles at o-dark 30, with Miles 2 and 3 being hilly tempo miles.  All I can say about that is thank goodness for the declines!  I did better than I thought I would, and although I'm not a fan of speed work, I'm actually looking forward to more of these types of workouts, forcing me out of my comfort zone.  And since I was up so early (Chico: "Rise and Shine!  It's the 3:30 a.m. Feeding Time!"), I had enough time after the run to get in about 40 min of core/strength training.  I was peeved to be up an hour before I wanted to, but ended up working out well.

Actually, I was really peeved that The Hub wouldn't get up and feed them, and I think some of that peevedness is what fueled my run.  Then he tells he was awaken by my 4:30 alarm.  I call it poetic justice.

Something I am SO excited about:  McKay Tract Acquisition.  I run here all the time.  You're suppose to get permits from Green Diamond, but that's not really enforced.  Unfortunately, when they start logging in May, you can't access the Tract until after 5:00 p.m. (or later)  weekdays and only on Sundays on the weekend.  Puts a bit of a cramp in my running activities, especially on the weekends.  I'm ready to start helping build trails!  Where do I sign up?!?

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sayhey! MM#130

Thanks, Joe!

Leslie, please be careful clearing trails.  We don't need you on the DL.

Guy with the backpack has to post $100,000 bail.

Posting to say the BAA did NOT need to send me an email at 1 pm today to remind me of what they've already told me AND to tell me that the race is less than one week away.         Really?  Is there someone out there scratching their head (most likely in upstate NY) and yawning, thinking, hmmm, better get an oil change and check the car tires......

Mariposai

Going to race Saturday somewhere.  

I am so jealous of you runners who live in the city were you can just pick up a race somewhere and do it. As for me, the nearest races are about 100 miles away, unless i organize the race locally and then I can't race because I am busy. Ohh well, it is what I pay for choosing to be a hillbilly.

No running here yet, but I do plan to do some speed work tonight.

Holly, very happy to see your ouchie is doing better.

Off to eat lunch. Nope, I won't pig out.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Leslie, please be careful clearing trails.  We don't need you on the DL.

Heck, I was gonna volunteer for chainsaw duty!! 

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...fatozzig//.........My Favorite Beach in TheWorld, Gulf Shores, Ala.......

this is

just like

when Pickles and I

were broke and starting out,,,,,,,get there Wed and leave on Sat,,,,,

and

have a HELL of a time in between

ohboyohboy

http://www.fws.gov/bonsecour/

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Hi everyone,

I am glad that ribs is back in the warmth of Texas, and you are lucky to have so many races. I haven't had time to check the news, but glad that the backpack guy is in custody and hope he doesn't have the cash to get out. I feel sorry for anyone still getting snow, and it may be here too. It is getting colder as the day goes one. I can say that I don't mind the 30's as long as it is not windy.

i went to the grocery store at lunch and plan to shop at a boutique's Spring clearance out in the country - cute store And 50% off. Afterwards I will go to the Y for weights, and a swim if I don't talk myself out of it. I hate to swim but want to get better, what to do, what to do? I bought the book " Total Immersion" but have only read a bit about it. Gotta go. Bye now.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

I feel sorry for anyone still getting snow, and it may be here too. It is getting colder as the day goes one. I can say that I don't mind the 30's as long as it is not windy.

Oh good...I like it when people feel sorry for me.  It's snowing...and it's windy...which means I'll be doing 13 dang miles on the treadmill.

C-R

Well AamosY, I had a super great work day. Long but fruitful and had forgot about it until I hit the hotel treadmill and was reminded by ESPN. I ran 7 in 56 which four days off my marathon was a bit spicy but I ran mad.

C-R, you let us know about that run. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/