Masters Running

Soggy Saturday 11/14 Runs (Read 378 times)

lamerunner

Another day of non-running. Rainy here but weirdly warm. 60 minutes on the eliiptical, 10 minutes experimenting on some bow-flex rig ( did not like it) and then about 25 minutes swimming. Plenty of workout but I want to run... My Xc girls have the New England race tomorrow so perhaps I will find out again that I cannot even do a ten minute warm up run...! Driving two hours may not be great either. Enke interesting you think the glute exercises are hurting... I don't know what to think. I have been compromised for 6 weeks and sidelined completely for one.. things are not going well!
    evanflein

Ok, grand scheme of things, I'm fine. But my 4's used to be loose on me... I have some 2's I used to love but can only fondly remember (and confession time: Banana Republic sizes run huge!). So got some new size 6 to hold me for awhile. It's all what you're used to... Aamos, great news for DH's run... and we had a dog that the kennel loved so much, they'd let her sit with them in the office, with the manager warming her feet on the dog's belly. That dog is now almost 12 years old and extremely arthritic, but still cuddly and lovable! Hey, anyone else doing the RnR marathon in Seattle who needs accommodations? We're looking at renting a house and looking for people to share a very nice place... See the separate thread here on RA.
      wildchild

Carolyn

Frank's one trick (he doesn't sit, doesn't roll over, doesn't speak) is to run to his squeaky toy when one of us comes home and make a lot of happy noise. THis duck is very chatty, so here we go!
        I got DD a stocking stuffer one Christmas that was a small stuffed cat that meowed when you squeezed it. Tazzie liked it, and she used to trot around meowing. Pretty funny. Erika, I'm kind of on the fence about joining you guys in Seattle next June for the RnR. That's the same weekend as the Slacker Half Marathon in Colorado, which is a fun race, and wouldn't involve travel expenses. But I'd really like to meet all you guys! How big a field is expected for Seattle? I don't like crowds or cities, which is another reason I'm hesitating.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Tetsujin would probably be the best person to say what the marathon should be like... if anyone knows. Last I heard the course wasn't even finalized! But it should be a really fun time and where else will you meet so may cyber-friends?? C'mon, Carolyn... say you will!