Masters Running

Post your winter running tips here (Read 496 times)

"When it's below 10 degrees F, I usually wear one of those ski mask things," When its below 10 degrees F I usually consider quitting my job, selling everything I own and moving to Cuba. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Top 'O the World!

"When it's below 10 degrees F, I usually wear one of those ski mask things," When its below 10 degrees F I usually consider quitting my job, selling everything I own and moving to Cuba. Laurie
      Big grin Big grin Big grin I was gonna say, "drink coffee, hot chocolate, tea, hot toddies....till it warms up outside!"
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Top 'O the World!

When it's below 10 degrees F, I usually wear one of those ski mask things, but they do make me awfully warm. So the Vaseline protects you well enough that exposed skin is OK??
        Yeah, I think till it's ridiculous cold out...you can ask Erika (evanflein) on the daily's about that....she's been out, I believe, @ -25* Shocked I have too, but not running! In full ski gear scooping snow & towing cars!
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          You guys just reminded me of the ice crystals you get on your shoulders from the vapour in your breath condensing....that and ice crystals on your face mask from breath freezing. NOT looking forward to this!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.