Masters Running

Sunday 9/20/15 Still Summer Runs (Read 33 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Yes, by golly it is still summer for two more days!

And it is quite lovely here today.  A cool front came in yesterday and right now it is 68 degrees with deep blue sky and big puffy clouds.  The trees are still surprisingly green for so late in September, probably due to the heavy summer rains.

My foot is still iffy and so I decided to keep my LR pretty short, so just 8.5 miles for me today, followed by 30 minutes or so of weights and core.

Enjoy the day!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...easy on the foot holly///////

==========

1st PT of the day

3x20-min walks with cane

trial driving this afternoon

..........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

I hear there's a post-RTB relay party happening in Boston today... Can't wait for relay reports!

Take care of that foot, Holly.

Keep up with that PT, tomwhite. You'll be trying out those new shoes you got awhile ago before you know it!

Today actually looks pretty nice here. Kinda wish the race was today! But, I do like a Saturday race so you have Sunday to recover a bit before going back to work. I'll probably get a run in later, but will spend the day puttering around the house and yard. One of my favorite things to do!

Marathon Maniac #957

, but will spend the day puttering around the house and yard. One of my favorite things to do!

Me, too!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hey everyone. Not too many posts today - everyone must be out enjoying the beautiful weather. It sure is awesome here today. DS#1 and my DIL ran a marathon this morning, exactly one week after doing the Tough Mudder. Both did well, though my DIL finished about 20 minutes faster.

Good luck with the driving today Tom. Where will you be going? Do you have restrictions how long or how far? Or is it just a quick trip to the DQ for a Blizzard?

Sorry the weather today wasn't like this yesterday Erika. Awesome racing and congrats on the AG award!

Take care of that foot Holly.

7 miles for me early this morning. We've had our grandson from Seattle staying with us all weekend. The family is in town for the Packer game tonight. It's been great having him, but I've run out of ideas how to keep a 9 year-old amused! We took a tour of Lambeau Field yesterday. It was pretty cool - got to go through the player's tunnel and out on the field and a few other places not accessible to the general public  I'm staying home tonight so my GS can have my ticket - he gets to sit with Grandpa for part of the game

7 miles this morning. 51° degrees and clear blue skies. JTWILI. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Nice work at Equanox, Erika!

Good to hear your  progress, TW!

I got in my last LR of the series this morning in IRC. 22 miles on the waterfront bike path. Got to see a tree-full of Monarchs warming up for their migration flight over Lake Ontario. Must have been a couple thousand butterflies. Sorry I wasn't carrying a camera.

Taper has begun! Woot!  

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Another cool IRC morning -- or day, for that matter -- here as well. I held it down to just running 7 this morning so I'd have something saved up for an afternoon hike with my DW along a route that we traditionally do this time of year. The weather looks ideal for the whole week, so I'm going to be getting as much running and cycling in as I can. We leave for Italy a week from today for two weeks and there will be a big change in the weather by the time we get back, so might as well do this while I can!

I hope your upcoming week is as good as I plan on mine being!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Good luck with the driving today Tom. Where will you be going? Do you have restrictions how long or how far? Or is it just a quick trip to the DQ for a Blizzard?

...DQ??..hey, Bodies like this don't Just Happen...

............actually, I drove to the PT Dept

told Pickles

I decided driving over to the City Park after PT tomorrow, was probably not a good idea

I didn't hear everything she said,

but

the word ''Idiot'' was definitely mentioned

...hi heme//..........the PT's gave me a really good prone exercise called ''Reverse Clam'' it's like the ''Knee Out'' move you and SS showed me years ago

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

moebo

Hello, Masters! You seem like such a friendly bunch, I kind of think you won’t mind my barging into your daily thread…

Most of you don’t know me, but some might remember when  I used to post on CR (many years ago!). I can’t really even remember why I stopped, but I guess it was when work and family life made it just too hard to keep it up. Now that my kids are grown and my professional life has settled down a little, I’m hoping to be able to contribute often.

12 miles for me today on the New Hampshire Marathon course. Blue skies and temperatures in the mid-60s. Gosh I love running in September.

Oh yes—Congratulations to you, Erika, on your excellent Equinox Marathon! I think I remember when you ran it for the first time about ten years ago. Have you done it every year since?

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  And a special welcome back to moebo!  I wasn't here during the CR days, but I look forward to your contributions.

I hope your foot feels better, soon, Holly.  It stinks having a nagging injury.

Keep up the great work, tomwhite!  You'll be chasing geese around in no time!

Great job, yesterday, Erika!  1st in your age group!  Congratulations!

Congratulations to your son and DIL, Jlynne!  One week after the Tough Mudder?!  They are some pretty tough mudders, too.  I do feel bad for your grandson, though...having to suffer through a tour of that stadium you have over there...and then you sent him to spend more time there, today?!  That might just be too much for a 9 year old...poor kid...

Enjoy your taper time Heme!

Enjoy the weather roch!  Italy in a week?  Nice!

We had are BOOYA festival at church, today.  It's our largest fundraising event of the year.  With our membership dwindling, this was a very important day and, I think, we did pretty well.

I went 6.2 miles, tonight.  I felt very sluggish.  Hopefully, my run tomorrow will go a whole lot better.

Okay--gotta go!  See ya.

Hi folks!! I keep trying to get in here to post, but then get distracted!!  I think it's all the fun since Thursday catching up with me!!

We had a fabulous Rosie Ruiz crew again this year!! It was fun spending time with our Enke and meeting/riding/running with Matt's friends from CT - although I can't really say "running" with them as they are all speed demons and I could never keep up!! Matt as usual was an incredible captain, Andy was amazing and scored 2 vans at a great price for us and Jay let us all use his house for a meeting place before and after the relay!!

My relay legs were great - Matt had me in Van 2 aka the Orange Line which was a new experience for me! I ran 8 miles for my first leg then kept running with Enke for her 4.5 mile leg to keep her company. After trying to sleep for a couple of hours outside in a sleeping bag under a blanket of beautiful stars, I ran my 2nd leg only 3.5 twighlight miles - then left Enke on her own for her long 8+ mile leg (nice friend I am right!). My 3rd leg came towards the end of an unusually hot, steamy day and started after much worrying about our 9th runner.  Seems he missed a turn and kept running with the people who were on my leg and I still am not sure how he realized he missed the transition and needed to turn around, but we sure were glad to see him alive and well!! I ran 4 miles (during which I was held up at an intersection for a few minutes by the police detail helping us safely cross a main road) then kept going with Enke for her final 3.4 mile leg -- I was hoping by then she wasn't sick of my chatter but I really enjoyed spending so much time together!!

Today the fun continued after a leisurely morning at my house!! We went into Somerville and met up with LaT, Stumpy and Rtravers before heading into the airport for Enke's return to Mr Blue Eyes!!  Maybe Robin or someone more tech savy will post our meet up photo.

Awesome weekend, great friends, so many blessings!!

p.s. wouldn't it be SOOOOO COOL or should I say WICKED AWESOME if so many RA masters wanted to come out and join us for the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club's 10th ride on the relay that we actually had to have 2 teams - just saying!!!!! 

pss - Holly sorry about your foot problems....have you tried a chiropractor? I have been having ongoing foot issues all year but the chiro really seems to be helping

Erika - congrats on your grueling race!!

Moebo - do you live in NH?

denise

SteveP

Hi Moebo! The more the merrier!

Deez, that sounds like so much fun.

The kids used certificates for horse back ring we got them at Christmas. DW and I had the chore of babysitting The two youngest. They were born a month apart and are just over a year old.

We took the double jogger into the cedar swamp. 

Taggy got tired of waiting for us to catch up and decided to cool off.

I tipped the stroller back as far as I could before he shook off.

the instead of stopping for ice cream afterwards, we went straight home and one of us had a bath.

SteveP

I love hearing the RTB news!  ^5 to all of you on the team.

(waving hand) Carry on, Running Gods & Goddesses.

Oops -- sorry for posting on Sunday...