Masters Running

Through to Thursday, 8.9.12 (Read 382 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' all,

Greta 'deer' post, yesterday, Byll! Funny story, but sad for the fawn.

TomW, I also often find that a good workout can fix some muscular/structural issues (as well as cause them, if I screw up). I'm glad TheBack and TheLeg are better.

Enke, Thanks for the New Yorker story link. I can't imagine why anyone would be so possessed or obsessed that they would need to fake their marathon results.

I'm glad you got some extra sleep yesterday, Leslie. I was quite jealous!

Those carrots look as delicious as they are colorful, Mariposai!

Opie, I have a niece who lives west and south of Newburg, in Chester, and they love it there. There are a lot of runners and triathletes in the area.

Starr, life on the lake sounds lovely.

Erika, Socks looks like a curious kitty and a charmer. I hope he turns up.

ETA that Wildchild deserves extra thanks this month for her extraordinary job of doling out awards to everyone in the July Master Miles thread. Thanks for keeping track of our mileage, and for making it fun!

3.2 E-Z walking miles at 4:10 this morning. It was 68F and muggy, and I just had no spark today. So I took it very easy and enjoyed a somewhat moonlit tour of the neighborhood. The only sounds I heard, except for an occasional car were sprinklers and air conditioners. When I got back home, there were 10 adult and about 10 very young wild turkeys wandering through the heathers and heaths in our front yard. I gently 'encouraged' them to explore someplace else.

Enjoy your day!  -  Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Slo

Jay...Thanks for getting the daily started...again!

Ran a good 7 miler at MP this morning. Streets still wet from a badly needed rain. It's to late for the crops but cities all around us are imposing water use restrictions. Barge traffic on the Mississippi has ceased. The river is the lowest I have ever seen it.

Racoons are eating well...I probably seen a dozen this morning digging clams up in the newly exposed mud along the shore.

...thanks jay and steveP//

.........since

I work best with Cause and Effect,

just wish I could figure out what I did......

we go

get Claire after work tonite,

therefore

I'll need All The Back I can get.

=========

.........20-min x-bike standing,

skipped

double weight session til I'm better

................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Knee was better this morning after a day of no running,yoga and.whirpool and lots of ice. Out early for a muggy 4.5 mile run along the Charles. Hordes of runners we're out between 6 and 7 to beat the heat.

King of PhotoShop

Maybe Socks will turn up Ek; I hope so.

5 very slow this morning after yesterday's harder workout.

These two fast food chains, one east coast, one west coast, share the same star logo and are owned by the same company.  Who are they?  Spareribs

Erika, I really hope your kitty is okay and comes home soon.  To answer your question about my training, I think things are coming together with my health, Coach & running the fast bits really fast and the slow runs really slow.

Jay, thanks for the tip.  I ran a cost of living calculator on the CNN Money site, and although Orange County, NY isn't on the list, Dutchess County is and Beacon on the south end is across the river from Newburgh as I'm sure you know.  The calculator says my current salary here is comparable to $66,850 in Dutchess County.  So that's a good starting place, I guess.

mta-Ribs, I'll say Carl's, Jr./Hardees.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mariposai

{{Socks}}} Have fun with Claire, pirate. Sitting here. By the Methow river as I wait for my first meeting of the day to start. 3 miles with the easy pacer was all I was able to fit in today. We ran by the Indian encampment . I will try to take some pictures to post here. Opine, you can get that much salary in the PNW and living expenses are a lot lower here. God luck, anyway. Twocat, did you see Best Buy's add in the Olympics? They use Little talk as the back ground music.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slo

These two fast food chains, one east coast, one west coast, share the same star logo and are owned by the same company.  Who are they?  Spareribs

I'm going with Carl Jr's and Hardee's

mrrun

Welcome home Claire.  ((Socks))

Ran 6 at 5:30 - already humid, bt the sun wasn't up.  I had time, because I have a late mtg at work, so I went in later and no biking.  Runners at 6 am were friendlier then the runners at noon

Stay cool and enjoy your runs and racewalks,

marj

TammyinGP

Oh Erika, I hope someone finds your kitty or he comes home.

got out for a hot run last night with my friend Laura - 4.2 miles - about 3.5 with her and then another little bit with B&B but it was still hot so didn't want them to run much.  Will get in another run tonight after work.

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

A cool and fast 6 mile run in Chatfield State Park this morning, along Chatfield Lake and the S. Platte River, on beautiful single track trails in the woods.  MikeE ran some of this trail with me when he was here.   Really nice way to start the day!

Wishing you all happy trails today.

Carolyn

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

King of PhotoShop

Carl's Jr and Hardees it is.  Well done people.  Another one tomorrow.  Spareribs

Erika, she is so cute!  I feel badly for you.  There is still hope she will come home.  We had a few that went missing for several days, then came home.

6 or maybe 6.1 miles this perfect morning, invigorating 57F.  Crummy night's sleep the dog barking at midnight then DD waking up at 4:30 with bathroom issues.  She has been having recurrent diarrhea, on and off for what seems like since May.  She will be ok for two weeks, then it comes back.  I think I'll be taking her in to see someone soon.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Quick post.  Back later I hope.  Zombies caught me on the first zombiesleck.  Mariposai, the person responsible for my mental health's deterioration as you may remember, pointed out to me that the app I am referring to is zombies, run not zombie, run so zombiesleck it is!  It also means back with the zombie cat avatar for a couple of days.  Dead  Oh yes, 14 miles while I am thinking about it.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Erika - I hope you find Socks.  Not knowing what has happened is one of the hardest things.  {{{Socks!!}}

About 50 minutes of core and upper body strength training this a.m.  I need to figure out a better core routine because with the exception of the singled legged bicycles I do on the stability ball, I'm don't feel a whole lot.  Interesting considering I haven't done hardly any core specific training over the last four months.

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance