Masters Running

Thanksgiving! A Day to Remember All That We are Thankful For...11-27-14 (Read 33 times)

C-R

Nice Star Wars ref Sally. Oh to be on Dantuin.

That's pretty cool your friend still runs with ALS tet. Keep those positive vibes.

OK. So the votes are complete. We had cranberry suace from the can and my sauce based on TC's recipe. The new recipe is a winner. Even my nephew who hates everything liked it so a big success. Thanks twocat.

Now to sit by the fre with DW and enjoy a nice glass of wine.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

coastwalker

Hi everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

How did I get so lucky to have so many smart, caring, wonderful, humorous people in my life? I have no idea, but I am so very thankful to have the pleasure of the company of you and the rest of my friends.

RW'd a small and exceptionally friendly 5K turkey trot this morning, despite fresh wet snow last night that broke some limbs, and bent others groundward from the weight, and caused numerous power outages in the region. The roads, by race time, were reasonably clear, except for some slush pockets along the way. Near the end, a woman 18 years my junior came up behind me and said her goal was to beat me, which she did by 6 seconds. I loved it! My time was decent, but I don't think I did all that well overall or in my AG, and I didn't care all that much - it was just such a treat to be out there.

I got home, fired up the snowblower and cleared the driveway and walks, and then helped DW with the prep work for today's feast. We had a neighbor over who has had a recent hip replacement, and then broke her femur, and then fractured her wrist. Her sister/caretaker came too. It was a process just to get the sickie from her house to our car, and then from our car into our house, but we got it done with laughs all around.

Dinner was: Brined turkey; 2 kinds of stuffing; sweet potato casserole; corn pudding; green beans with roasted onion garlic jam, sliced almonds and gorganzola cheese; roasted red, blue and sweet potatoes; roasted cauliflower steaks with capers; Twocat's excellent cranberry sauce; and pumpkin and coconut custard pies. Tomorrow, we'll make 'leftover pies' with stuffing crust, and all the left overs as filling. We did it last year and it was great.

Now, DW and I, just like C-R, are sitting in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine and some nice quite time.

Have a good night, my friends.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, I wasn't asking about how to post photos to Facebook, but how do you post them HERE on RA from Facebook? You do it often but when I try I just get a broken link. That's the question....

Just copy and paste, without using any of the other buttons up top.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."