Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 1.17.16 (Read 36 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Seahawks almost came back.  Greta games so far.  Green Bay kept me up too late last night!

Really enjoyed reading the last few days.   Appreciate the time every one takes to share (overused word but my cat is into the fresh dill and I am multi tasking in distracting her) parts of their lives here.  From the heart folks: I am a little light in family am y'all mean more than you know.

Caroline and Coco are snoogly as it's cool here so I'm going to go take advantage of that.  Simon is chatting to them about his travels.  He's such a bird brain.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Great stories in yesterday thread - love the grandkid tales especially!!

I braved that nasty weather yesterday and ran 3.1 miles to the start of the Fudgcicle 5k (did 3.2), raced at a very cautious pace, and ran the opposite way back home adding on to have a total of 10.5 miles. The conditions were pretty bad - rain, sleet, icy slush on the roads, but I just didn't want to cave on my plans. At home I hopped in the hot tub and the rain turned to snow while I was soaking - delightful!!

Went to a praise and worship event at a local church for the afternoon then to my son Nicholas and his fiancee Allison's house for some wine tasting and food to watch the Patriots game -- needless to say we were all very happy with the results!!

Today Kenny and I drove down to the Cape to spend the day with his mother. It was the one month anniversary of his dad's death and even tho we didn't dwell on that at all, it was a good day to keep his mom busy. We went out to eat, helped get things done in the house and took her shopping. Wish she lived closer, but glad it's only a 90 minute drive without traffic.

Sweet dreams friends!!

denise

TammyinGP

You ran in this mess Econo??!! I'm impressed! We dumped 4" of water out of our rain gauge this morning and that was just from overnight. So many streets are flooded, including the end of the street that I live in. about 3-4 inches of water completely over the roadway. So glad I didn't have to go anywhere. Just stayed home and watched Panthers dominant the 1st half, then Hawks dominate the 2nd half, but it was too little, too late. Was a good game though and Panthers deserved that win. They are a force!  It'll be fun to watch them in the Superbowl.

Tammy

evanflein

Good job on getting runs in when it's wet, sleety and slushy! Deez, sandwiching a 5k in between a warm up run and "cool down" run is a great way to get some quality and distance. You go, Econo! You deserve that fist pump!

Never had Peruvian food, but that sounds good. I wonder why the pudding has to boil so hard, usually just a simmer does it. Fun evening out and nice to try something new like that! Congrats to Zak on his GPA, Holly, that's awesome. A lot of kids struggle with freshman year because they're still figuring everything out. Sounds like he's doing great.

Cracks me up how Amy takes that bird with her on road trips. So everyone who signed up (and paid for) the full "got" to run the half instead? That's a bummer for many. Nice that you and Tara could get together.

Jlynne, I agree... if there's anyway kids can break/dismantle/shut down/tinker with something while adults are distracted, they will. Glad the furnace came back to life quickly and the water heater was (apparently) unscathed.

Yeah, the Seahawks didn't show up until after halftime. Not sure who those other dudes were in the first half. Oh well.

Ran 12.1 miles today and almost froze to death out there. Ok, that's a little over-the-top, and it wasn't so much that it was cold (but it was) but I wasn't dressed properly for it. It's hard to figure out just how to dress here, since we're about 20° warmer than down where DH's office is. That's where I start and finish many of my runs. It was 15° here and the time/temp sign about a mile into my run said 2°. And that's the sign that usually reads warmer by about 4° so I'm thinking it was around zero. Needed my balaclava but just had the neck gaitor and ear band (dumb of me) and my cheeks got stingingly cold a few times. A few stops to pull the gaitor up under my eyes to warm up my cheeks. Brrr! Was thinking I'd pull a Holly and drive home to finish on the treadmill, but knew that by the time I got home I'd lost that ambition. So, got it done and after a hot shower I'm fine. Gotta remember to bring back up gear....  51.3 miles for the week so yay for that.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jlynne, I agree... if there's anyway kids can break/dismantle/shut down/tinker

with something while adults are distracted, 

me too, . .  .  except that's kind of what my DD says about me.

Fortunately, I'm not banned from taking GS to the glacier lakes I love so much

anymore,  . . . . . . . as long as I promise to bring him back with dry feet this time.

Not real sure on how to do that, however,   

Yeah, the Seahawks didn't show up until after halftime. Not sure who those other dudes were in the first half. Oh well. 

With all the commentary going on during the first half of the game this morning (started at 9:05 up here southwest of erika-land), you sure wouldn't have thought that everyone had been to church this morning.  Oddly enough, unlike after last year's blown call from sidelines, I'm strangely at peace with the loss this time as the team, not the coach, blew the first half and the team gets credit for an almost super-comeback in the last thirty minutes. Still very sad commentary that our aging running back Marshawn Lynch is fated to fade-away instead of the glory of the winning Superbowl touchdown he was denied last year.  I hope Peyton can do better.  Oh well, it's just a game, right Jeannne?   Now back to real life for another year.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

With all the commentary going on during the first half of the game this morning (started at 9:05 up here southwest of erika-land)...

Ummm, Tet, if you're in Juneau you're Southeast of Fairbanks... just sayin'. Glad you can still take DGS out on adventures. Take dry socks.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Ummm, Tet, if you're in Juneau you're Southeast of Fairbanks... just sayin'.  

Most definitely.

I've had Dutch Harbor on my brain

and sure don't want to be out there

in the winter.

thanks

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Oh the mischief the little ones can get into, Jlynne!

Holly, I may have to look for the fruit. It sounds good.

Yay, Econo!

Snow storm today. Tag and I started out. It seemed like a really bad idea. Instead, we pulled some kids out of a ditch as cross training.

1.8 drive way work out. I knew it was heavy. I was surprised that snow was deeper than the snow thrower is tall.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I braved that nasty weather yesterday and ran 3.1 miles to the start of the Fudgcicle 5k (did 3.2), raced at a very cautious pace, and ran the opposite way back home adding on to have a total of 10.5 miles. The conditions were pretty bad - rain, sleet, icy slush on the roads,

Major kudos to you for getting out there in that - I would have just wimped out and stayed home in those conditions!

Econo - you, too!

Erika - Brrr!

Mariposai - I have no idea what my MP would be right now.  It's time for me to start pushing myself instead of plodding along at every run with too many walk breaks...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."