Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP W/E NOVEMBER 2ND (Read 355 times)

Dark Horse-24 miles + 400 situps and pushups + weights...nice week Dg-19.8 miles + 3 walking...probably is good enough for me Dutchie-36K...hope the bathroom gets finished soon evanflein-4.1 miles + 13 pool miles +20.91 stat.bike ...take it easy eliz-12 miles + 1.2 walking and Phillies watching evryday-23 miles...sounds like you're doing great fatozzig-16 miles + core/str + yardwork...it all counts lyndenrunner-22.33 miles...being lazy nowor-17.5 miles + gym + yoga...do you live in the PNW? pfriese-53.1 miles ...super week Paul tetsujin-13.2 miles...nice racin'
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@8:15 Tue-8@7:38 Wed-8@8:02 Thur-8@7:33 Fri-5@8:02 Sat-Off Sun-14@9:12 Total=48 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Hi Everyone - Mon - 1 hr. core/strength, 3-mile run, 10:13 ap Tues - 4.57 miles w/6 hill repeats. 11:01 ap (why not 5 miles? "Other issues" called me homeward Big grin) Wed - 1 hour strength/core, 30 min. stationary bike Thurs - 5.12 miles of hill work, 10:10 ap Fri - Rest (thankfully!) Happy Halloween! Sat - 13-mile hilly, very wet trail run in 2:31:26 Sun -

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Class two nights a week and commuting 70 miles to my church job every weekend are forcing me to be even more disciplined. This thread is a greta help! Monday - (straight from school to night class) - STANDING in front of the TV during the first 3 innings of the World Series 'cause I'm too excited to sit down- does that count as cross training? Shocked Tuesday - (I WILL run) - but not in sustained winds in the 30s and gusts approaching 60! another unplanned rest day Sad Wednesday - (class); standing and rocking back & forth, jumping up and down, praying, crying during the PHILLIES' WORLD SERIES VICTORY - best excuse not to run in 28 years Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Thursday - (I WILL run) - FINALLY ran 4.0 and walked 0.6 in my Phillies WORLD SERIES CHAMPS tech shirt - whoo hoo! Friday - (commute to the shore after trick-or-treaters are fed); er, after watching PHILLIES WORLD SERIES parade on TV, and then feeding the kiddos Smile Saturday - (I WILL run a 5K - on the third anniversary of my first-ever race) 5K was a blast! Big grin Sunday - (I WILL run!) in my dreams; a little sore from yesterday, so used that as an excuse for a belated birthday lunch with my godsons (their b-day, not mine) and a nap instead Light week mileage-wise - ran 7.1, walked 1.1 - but lots of other awesome stuff - like a really fun 5K, my first in about 18 months. And the first Phillies victory parade in 28 years! Whoo hoo! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Thanks, lyndenrunner. Smile Monday: Nothing Tuesday: 7 miles on the treadmill Wednesday: Nothing Thursday: 3 miles cross-country Friday: 6 miles cross-country Saturday: 5 miles cross-country Sunday: 80 pushups, 80 situps, 30 arm curls, 30 lat pulldowns Totals: 21 miles running, 80 pushups, 80 situps, 30 arm curls, 30 lat pulldowns I've had better weeks, but this week was still better than average for me, especially the mileage. It's not about having a big week here and there, it's about consistency. If I ran this mileage all year round, I would end up with a huge mileage PR. Also I was lucky enough to run cross-country with Dark Colt twice. Smile Dark Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
              Thanks Lyndenrunner! Thanks for updating my last weeks total. I noticed. Mon....rest..................rest Tues...4 miles..............4 miles Wed...6 miles...............6 miles Thurs..rest.................rest Frid....6 miles...............6 miles Sat.... rest..................rest Sun... 9 miles...............no run Total....16 miles
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              Dutchie42

Thanks again Gordon for starting the thread and taking the time to do the tallies every week. Mon....can't walk properly on that darn R-foot, plus I had to be in the car by 5h45 for day 1 of my financial course. Don't get up any earlier than 4h45, so a run wasn't possible (and the bathroom remodelling hasn't finished yet). Tue....R-foot lots better, but still noticeable. No run, but did do a LB w/o. Wed...R-foot improving. No run. No nothing. Thu....Called the PT yesterday. He wanted me to come in, but I didn't have any time this week or the next. So we agreed on no running till the R-foot is pain free. Then start with a little run (no more than 5K) and see how it goes. Build slowly back up to 10K cause that's how far I could run last week without any pain. Then stay with the 10K's for a while. And oh yes, no running consecutive days. Only every other day allowed. And see how things go. If it doesn't improve, I definitely have to make an appointment. Fri......went out of town for the weekend, got sick too. Sat....still sick. Too bad, the hotel was in a very beautiful area. R-foot seems all better now. Sun...5K doggie fun run. R-foot feels fine. Yippie Total mileage: 5K. That's sad Undecided

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Thanks Gordon. I think when I'm injured I overdo the XT a bit because I get frantic about losing conditioning. All this stuff seems like a lot, but it's not running. Well, that looks to be changing soon so let's see how this week goes! Monday: Rest Day Tuesday: 4.5 miles on the TM, 20 minutes of weights (chest/abs/upper back), 15 minutes pool running Wednesday: 5.32 miles, progressive pace run on the treadmill (8:49, 8:34, 8:27, 8:20, 8:13 and 8:00 for last .32 mile); walked .66 mile w/u and c/d. Thursday: did nothing but pack and get ready for trip Friday: Rest Day/Travel Day to NY Saturday: Lots of walking around NYC... probably too much foot time Sunday: NYC Marathon 26.2 miles Totals: 36 miles running, inlcuding NYC marathon, 15 minutes of pool running and 20 minutes of weights.
                  pfriese

Thanks Gordon, M - rest day T - 9.5 miles @ 9:33/mile W - 11.0 miles @ 9:58/mile Th - 8.1 miles @ 9:43/mile F - rest day Sa - 20.3 miles @ 10:14/mile Su - 3.0 miles @ 10:33/mile ________________________________________ Total - 51.9 miles Done Paul
                    nowor

Gordon, I live about a mile from Heartbreak Hill. I'm ooking forward to the spring when you will be running Boston! (It will happen.) M-4 mi, (2 barefoot on a wet and cold track) Tues-strength work at Y W-7.5 gusty, cold mi Th-planted gazillion bulbs in city garden AM, yoga-PM Fri-5.5 sunny, leaf crunching mi Sun-3 mi walk Summary: 17 mi plus stuff as the temp drops, light dwindles....
                      dg.

Hi Gordon, thanks for this. I'm a little late... not my best week. piriformis (thanks for the stretch)(could you describe it again with more detail on how you stretch the top leg?) & shins have been hurting for a month & I decided it was time to pay attention to them. so, this is all there is. Mon. nothing. Tues. nothing. or, I forget. maybe a little something. Wed. 45 min. prehab. Thurs: 42 min. elliptical, 16 min. bike, stability ball reverse crunches, side planks, russian twists, SR hammie curls, & one lap around the track. Fri: 45. min. elliptical, 15 in. arc trainer, stab. ball as usual, 1 lap around the track. Sat: (& fri) a leaf marathon. Sun: 1 mile walk 4 mile run 9:48 pace, & (later) 50 min. elliptical, 1 set on the weight machines, usual stab. ball & 3 laps around the track. laps are 200 meters. so, total is some walking, 4.625 miles running, & stuff. -)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks gordon - Even though it's been an annual freebie in tribute of the NYC Marathon's running in 2001, the United We Run Kent-to-Alki Beach Marathon was apparently cease and desisted from associating as a sister city marathon and it dropped off the local schedule this year. I almost went to run my soles along the leaf-carpted riverside course again anyway but, as you recall, it was a little wet this weekend. I guess I'm no you but, man, what did you guys wear when you go out in such downpours up there? tetsujin - 0 . . . taperin' for the SM (you doing the half?)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)