Masters Running

Weekly Weigh-In Ending 08/31/2014 (Read 15 times)

BlazinCajun

This is the place to commit to and encourage others in support of their weigh loss/gain goals. We all are going through fitness of various cycles which are directly related to phase of training, life's commitments, injury, and just starting the running thing. All are welcome to sign up for this ongoing thread. Just state your weight goal and once a week status. Some folks are already where they want to be and are just trying to maintain. Try to  be consistent when you conduct your weekly weigh-in. Any day of the week is fine - some folks use a particular scale. Have a burning calorie week. Andrew

Weekly Weigh-In 08/24/2014 - Some folks missing from last week - getting lonesome;-)

Name

Goal Weight lbs. (date)  

Weekly loss/gain 

Total Lost 

Awards/Demerits

BlazinCajun -9.0 (08/17)  -1.5 2.0  Still losing
    BTY -8.2 (08/17)  0.0  0.0

Keep it going

C-R -6.0 (08/24)      Come play with us
    dg. -7.0 (08/24      Welcome Back
    fatozzig  0.0 (08/17)  0.0 0  Steady Award two weeks in a row
    icom100 -20.0 (08/24     New kid on the block
    Holly S. -5.0 (08/17)      Out of service award
    Ileneforward -7.0 (08/17)  0.0 1.0 Holding Steady
    KellyDodge -14 (08/17)  -2.0 2.0  Most weight lost

Tip: Late Night? Eat Meat

For a midnight snack, grab a piece of protein-rich turkey, not an orange or a slice of toast. The sugar and carbs in the latter two stimulate the production of insulin, changing the way your liver processes glucose, turning it into fat.

Andrew
    ------------------
    God, my Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
    and enables me to go upon the heights.
    Hb 3:19

C-R

I usually weigh on Monday - +1 for me but with four days of travel last week. I'll take it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

I like to wait until Thursday...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I shoulda looked in here for BC late night eating tip.  I ate a banana right before bed 'cause I was starving . . . well, not literally since I am not happy with the results of the scale this morning.  Up 3 lbs.  How does that happen in just a week when my exercise has increased?  I'm blaming it on also increasing my grain intake.  Although I'm needing those extra carbs, I still need to be careful.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

BTY

Ugh.

Up from 186 and change to 188 and change. So I gained 2.2 pounds this week after holding steady last week.  On the bright side, though, my wife told me yesterday that she was going to buy a shirt for me but didn't because I'd lost weight. And, perhaps this is overly optimistic, I only gained 1 kg.  That's just a joke.   Anyway, my running has picked up where I left off before the hamstring pull last week so it's all good. My goal race is a 15k in mid - November so I have 10 weeks to drop 10 pounds.

Marathon Maniac #957

Down 1 lb, but probably only because I started at a slightly elevated weight last week.  Still, I will take it!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTY

Down 1 lb, but probably only because I started at a slightly elevated weight last week.  Still, I will take it!

Ah! The Mardi Gras Effect!

BlazinCajun

C-R, only up one pound while on travel - nice

Leslie,  -3 lbs. +\- is not bad at all during the summer. Just hang in there.

Holly, down a pound. Good job. Making us all look bad

Brian/BTY, Take care of those injuries - don't push it and enjoy the running - take care

Wasn't around a scale yesterday when I moved my off day up a day. Gained a pound. Thought I was dehydrated last week and it reared it's ugly head this week. Still, I'm on track to lose 0.5 lbs/week.

Andrew
                  ------------------
                  God, my Lord, is my strength;
                  he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                  and enables me to go upon the heights.
                  Hb 3:19

BTY

I am old enough to know myself better than this.

178 would probably be a great weight for me to race at, but as long as I'm eati.g properly, strength training, and only running 100 miles or fewer, I probably will not lose any weight and may even gain a couple of pounds. I have come to realize that I am not good at estimating an ideal weight for myself. Going forward i'm just going to try to keep it under 190.

#artbydmcbride

Holding the same.....I guess I need to eat a little less.....

Runners run