Masters Running

Friday the third (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Stumpy, I hope your knee is better today, and mo' better tomorrow.

Hail in FL, Aamos? What's with that?

Consecutive 3-day weekends are very nice, Slo. Enjoy the time off, and the ribs!

Congrats on meeting expectations, Ribs!

Good luck with the KIM training, BC.

Holly, your daughter was/is a spitfire/firecracker! Doesn't take after her mom, does she??? Happy Birthday to her!

Tet, we much prefer you in your current form than as a seal. You can still eat all the salmon you want.

Evanflein, I had soaked that plank for the salmon for 4-5 hours. I suspect Ribs was right, and that dripping/running maple syrup carmelized on the plank, or that the 550+ degree temps were more than even the soaked plank could take. Either way, the salmon was great, and I didn't worry a whole lot about the plank. Sorry about the smoky valley. For many reasons, I hope it ends quickly. I'll bet your jams are fantastic!

Very nice long ride, Roch! Have a great time with DS this weekend.

Nice 14-miler, TwoCat, zombies or not.

Nice 6er, Tselbes.

Do ya' think Mike likes women in boots?

Mariposai, I have no doubt that you WILL win that war and get your flights to Macedonia!

3.6 easy RW miles this morning. I'm still sore from running on Wednesday, and I have a race tomorrow. I got UC&P with my foam roller after my workout this morning, so I hope that'll help. We've got no real plans for the 4th, other than to in and around the house to get ready for 10-days of company that starts arriving on Sunday.

Good luck to all of this weekend's racers:

07/03 Opie - Electric 5k, Las Cruces, NM

07/04 Ileneforward - La Palma 10k, LP CA

07/04 Mike E - National Senior Games 10k, St. Paul, MN

07/04 OrangeMat - 9/11 Tribute Run 5k, Glen Rock, NJ

07/04 milktruck - LL Bean 10K, Freeport, ME

07/04 Coastwalker - 4 On The 4th, York, ME

And have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Slo

Started the day with 6 miles. 2 miles to the park, 2 miles thru the trails, 2 miles back home.

I put the call out for volunteers to knock out some trail work. 3 weeks of rain and humidity made excellent weed growing weather. The storms knocked a few trees down over the trail.

Pork Loin Roast on the grill tonight.

Mike E

MM #5615

Good luck to all of this weekend's racers:

07/03 Opie - Electric 5k, Las Cruces, NM

07/04 Ileneforward - La Palma 10k, LP CA

07/04 Mike E - National Senior Games 10k, St. Paul, MN

07/04 OrangeMat - 9/11 Tribute Run 5k, Glen Rock, NJ

07/04 milktruck - LL Bean 10K, Freeport, ME

07/04 Coastwalker - 4 On The 4th, York, ME

And SubDood, who's doing a pretty tough 25k, tomorrow!

King of PhotoShop

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone, turned on some music to start my day, lost myself in a familiar song. I closed my eyes and I slipped away.  Hope you enjoyed the concert Holly.

And no wonder she's a spitfire. Looks just like you!

Hey EK!  It isn't self-discipline that makes me do recovery runs.  I simply can't run hard two days in a row. It's called AGE.  In fact, today was just 3.3 slow, still on tired legs. It's 81 here and about to rain, so it's humid but cool.  The Saint ran 4.  She is tougher than I am.

Now I have to share a family story that lit me up yesterday around dinner time.  Hudson got a bunch of checks and gifts for graduation, and we have a family rule that you cannot deposit a check until the thank you letter has gone out.  So his stationery and the checks are sitting on the kitchen counter for weeks now.  Finally yesterday he has time to sit down and write letters.

So just as he starts I hear this music coming from his iPhone:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvGejyZh7TY

If you don't want to take the time to play it, it's the thank you note music from Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show.  That kid just knows how to make me laugh.  I sure am going to miss him.  Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

yep, it's spitfire for sure.

happy macedonia to the posies

0.3 - 0.4 miles tonight in the first five minutes of the annual Firecracker 5000.

2.7 - 2.8 miles after the clock strikes midnight.

For the first time in the 20 years of my participation,

it will be more than warm enough tonight

for some cavorting in the Seattle Fountain.

yippee.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

That really is funny, Ribs...in fact...you might call it a "rib tickler".  I like that rule, too.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

We did not in fact go to the concert last night.  DH found out yesterday that he could work today (making time and a half plus the 8 hours of vacation pay), and decided to take the opportunity.  However, knowing that he would be getting up at 5am put a dampener on his desire to go to a concert, and so he decided to stay home.  I didn't feel comfortable going alone, and my girlfriends already had plans, so I stayed home as well.  Drat.  And the concert was MY idea.  Oh well.

We're off to a dinner party tonight.  One of our friends has a  birthday today, and I thought we would be seeing him at the party, but apparently he has other plans and won't be there.  I showed my DH what Slo_Hand's family did for his surprise birthday party and he thought it was hilarious, and suggested we do that for our friend who's birthday is today.  So now I am printing out head-shots to bring....

DD comes home tonight!  I cleaned her room while she was gone.  She won't recognize it. 

11 miles for me this morning in 65-ish degrees.  That's about as far as my creaky knee would go, so I will call that my LR this week

Good Luck to the weekend racers!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

And to think I wrote those lyrics just for you Holly!   Spareribs

Sayhey! MM#130

Enjoyed sleeping in this am.....zzzzzzzzz.......but not so much starting my 12 miler in the 8 am heat....zzzzsssstttt!

3 tune up miles last night in pre rain sprinkles so I'm ready for the 5K bridge race tomorrow.

Cape Coral closes the bridge for the day.....this isn't a bridge we run as there's no bike lane, so it's our one chance to run it.

Good luck everyone else racing!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

And to think I wrote those lyrics just for you Holly!   Spareribs

I know, Ribs, it's More Than a Feeling for me as well.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

OOh,  I see Mike's running his first event at the Senior Games tomorrow!   Kick ass, Mike!   Hope you represent us geezers well! 

I did an amazing 17.5 mile trail run today with some of my ultra group!  We started at a trailhead called Herman Gulch, just off I-70, and ran up on the Continental Divide Trail out to Jones Pass and back.  Man, it's pretty up there!   The high point was about 13,200 ft elevation.  Here's a picture, which really doesn't do it justice.  It's really much prettier than this.  There's a 50k along this route called Devil on the Divide, which looks like a fun race!  If any of you want to come run it, I'd highly recommend staying at my house for a while to acclimate!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Holly - enjoy your daughter's homecoming tonight!!

Tselbs - that English muffin bread sounds delish!!

MikeE - fleet feet at the Senior games!!

Ribs - your son sounds pretty amazing -- but then look at his dad!!

Carolyn - gorgeous pic!!

Jay - I had grilled salmon last night -- no plank but boy do I love grilled salmon. I made a mango avocado salsa to go on ours.

Speaking of salmon -- I heard they sometimes inject dye into the salmon to make the color more appealing....is that true even of the wild salmon?? So hard to trust what I'm buying these days!!

Can't believe I haven't posted since my adventures Wed!!  Went for a swim with a friend then we tried to get a bike ride in before the downpours!! No such luck -- we were only 3 miles in when the lightening and thunder came from nowhere!! We quickly changed our route and headed back to our cars when at 4.7 miles I got ANOTHER flat!! That was my 4th flat tire since Memorial Day!!  We struggled for a half hour with the skies opening up on us trying to fix that dang flat - finally had it fixed and we messed up with both our CO2 cylinders and ended up having to call her dad to rescue us!!  After a class and stepmill workout at the gym I went to a 3rd bike shop where we (I) found a gash in the tire itself that I believe the first 2 shops (and even the guy at this shop) missed hence my subsequent flats!!

new tire $70 - peace of mind = priceless!!

Today squeezed in 22 miles on my new tire before heading out to the beach for the day with 2 of my closest friends from nursing school - it was a VERY GOOD day!!   Happy 4th my friends!! I will be working the next 4 days in a row - all 12 hour shifts .....yikes!!  Smile

denise

Hi, Everyone -

Ribs - I love the idea of not being able to deposit checks until thank you cards are sent.  Great rule!

Carolyn - Such a beautiful picture.

Haven't been around as we are dealing with some major medical issues with my dad.  Between dealing with his medical issues and having to clean out his house to move him, it's been some of the most stressful two weeks of my life.  I even had my first ever incident of hyperventilating.  Scared the crap out of my poor brother, as well as myself.

Anyway - there has been no running, although I need to get back into it, if for no other reason than to get some exercise to help with the stress.  . . . . although, I've discovered it's a great way to lose weight.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe 4th ~~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Leslie}}}