Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 1.14.14 (Read 44 times)

[[[[[[[[ fatozzig ]]]]]]]]]

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ribs ]]]]]]]]]]..........just remember, if they knew, they wouldn't need to run a test........

[[[[[[[[[[[ ever'body else ]]]]]]]]]]]

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Ribs - hope the doctor called with nothing to talk about. Prayers and good wishes to you.

Hang in there Leslie. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Sorry about all of the doors Enke. You got some great advice though. One day, the right one is just going to appear.

(Sigh) We're in the middle of a honkin' snowstorm. Already 8 inches on the ground, sustained winds of 20-25 mph with gusts over 30. It's been snowing all day with another 3 or 4 inches predicted for tonight. And then it's going to get cold. Again. I'm tired of treadmills and ellipticals and tracks. Even the squirrels have disappeared....

Marathon Maniac #957

Sorry about all of the doors Enke. You got some great advice though. One day, the right one is just going to appear.

Or, like some of us, you may spend about half your time wondering if you chose correctly.  With no outrageous conflicts, you mostly muddle through because you have children and a life apart would be financially much more difficult, does that ring a bell or is that just me?  Marriage is by no means always the answer or the "wonderful thing" that the movies make of it.  Don't feel like the rest of us are enjoying something blissful that you are missing out on.  Sometimes the privilege of NOT having to explain myself or justify my activities would be so wonderful.  If I could go through my life without hearing a sarcastic "long run TODAY?" again, I would be less grumpy.  I am married to a good guy, and I know he loves me, but still, sometimes I wish it was just me, free to do and think and act as I wish.  At 48 years old, I feel I must ask permission for so many things and I hate it.  Enke, enjoy your freedom! Do and BE whoever the hell you want to be!

BTW - I would never post this on FB, but I feel we have a certain level of intimacy here - sorry it this is too personal.  Feel free to skim and move on.

(((Leslie))) - what Jlynne said...

(((Ribs))) - wishing the best for you!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Enke, I remember a brownies made with black beans recipe from awhile back, can't remember when, but never did make them. Not sure I could ever do the brownies with beets thing, even though I love beets. I hope your weather holds for a run later today!

Best wishes on the biopsy results, Ribs. Nice to have a doctor like that who is to the point and up front with you.

I've made the black bean brownies several times and they are delicious - very fudgy!!  Might have to try the beets next time just to say i tried them -- they are the base to the Best Evah Veggie Burgers Ribs made and they are great burgers!!

Ribs - that reaction makes me nervous - if it does happen a second time I dont think I'd take it again.

((Holly))  I know the feeling ..... I often wish DH and I were more on the same page about many things but I also know overall we have a good relationship after 31 years of marriage

Janie - happy day after your birthday!!

I need to run more -- skipped Monday because I worked 3a-3p and took a long walk with Justin and the baby after, then tonight was going to hit the gym after my regular 7a-7p shift but I was falling asleep on the ride home - thank goodness I carpooled with a friend and was the passenger Wink  -  just made me think I really need sleep more than a run so I am off to do my planks and crawl in bed early!!

denise

Clearly I need to buck up and get out there more this year!

Cleary! 

Came home and it was still 50F outside and NO WIND!  Woohoo!  Leashed up Remi, and we did 4 miles of Remi and "cars creeping along in traffic" fartleks....sometimes the cars won, and sometimes I won!  I hope I made all those people polluting up the world feel real bad....and frustrated.   Oh....and I was wearing shorts!!!

Holly, all I can say is, marriage counseling is best used before someone has already checked out of the marriage.  Tackle problems before they become problems.

Erika, I hope you realize I am just poking fun at how hard core you are.....running in the conditions you have there in winter...

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Boy...I remember having brownies made with some "different" ingredients...but it was never beets or black beans...

Oh...hello everybody!

Yes--Ribs--you will be in my morning prayers.

tomwhite--the Runner's World's "Daily Kick in the Butt" quote made me think of you...I'm sure everybody has seen it before...a quote from Dean Karnazes--"Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up."  Yep--that's tomwhite.

Holly--yeah...I understand...

No run, today--which is a good thing--because it snowed like crazy last night and today--plus, I had a meeting at church, tonight.  But, last night, I ran OUTSIDE and had a pretty good workout.  1.75 miles in 13:32 (7:44) - 3 miles in 19:55 (6:39) - .5 miles in 3:50 (7:40) - 3 miles in 19:34 (6:32) - 1.75 miles in 13:48 (7:54)--total 10 miles in 1:10:31.

Our furnace went out yesterday...so the repair man is here...at 9:03 pm...I want to go to bed.

Road Warrior all week this week, but wanted to stop in to wish Ribs all good luck. Candid and clear communication is best when waiting for biopsy results---will be thinking of you.

TammyinGP

Holly, that resonates so clearly with me. like you don't even know how clearly!!

I ran today! first time in 2 wks. it was only 1.6 miles on the TM and I started with a 5 min run, 1 min walk, until I got up to 1.6 miles. I was actually aiming for 2 miles today, but my low back has been bothering me quite a bit the last few days. finally starting to feel better but was a bit stiff while running, so didn't want to push it.

Tammy

Mariposai

Road Warrior all week this week, but wanted to stop in to wish Ribs all good luck. Candid and clear communication is best when waiting for biopsy results---will be thinking of you.

Yes, I echo this. I have been dealing with a skin cancer doctor for a year now. Just when I thought I am out of the woods, she wants me to go back for yet another biopsy in a month...darn it...I must admit, it is very scary and it has been for the whole year...

I wonder how many more biopsy scar on my face is ahead of me too.

Mariposa hugs, ohh wiseone!

I had a great 8 miler  with 7 at MP pace tonight as the sun left the earth and the moon decided to show up. I had to call my DH to come and get me because it was getting too dark for me to run without a headlamp (I was not planning to run that long, but I was caught in the moment and romance of the moon-lit route) ...yeahh... his response was not a  happy one because I had to ask for  help and I had to drag him out of the house after his very long day at work...

... my lesson learned? always be a self-sufficient girl...

he too had a very, very, very long day to come to rescue this damsel in distress.

A great run and a good lesson learned, I may say.

My disappointment? The HM course for the Orchards in bloom is a tad long...back to the drawing board.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

In shorts Jay!! I'm very envious. Race hardware, jewelry and fishing lures...I can not always tell them apart.

Wow NHLA

I looked on radar this morning and saw the storm Jlynne was sending us. We got it. The thank you note may get lost in the mail

As much as I love DW, I can relate with a good deal of what Holly says. Lately, I'm lucky when I can be a weekend warrior.

(((((Mariposai)))))

SteveP