Masters Running

Polar foot pod question... (Read 353 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

My old Timex GPS unit bit the dust and I received the watch in the link below last night...Polar RS200, which is just a basic unit because I just like simple things with basic info. I got all the information in my new watch, and put the battery in the foot pod and the green light does flash when I turn the unit on. And when I start my watch it does say the foot pod is activated or transmission is recieved...or something to that affect. The directions said the foot pod does not need to be calibrated and it still would be about 97% accurate. The problem is, the pace - speed does not show up on my watch even though the green light is blinking, and it says the foot pod is activated....but I only checked it out walking and jogging in my apartment though, and everything else works fine. My question is to those that use a similar foot pod system....should I just be able to start my watch and foot pod and take off on a run and see my pace and speed? I will make it to a track as soon as the snow and ice are clear to calibrate my foot pod, put till then should everything still work? Thanks for any help or suggestions....new technical gadgets drive me nuts till I figure them out. Tim http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/Pages/POLAR/RS200SD.html

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Tim - I don't have that particular Polar model, and I haven't used mine since I started using my Garmin, but I think I remember having to actually program the watch up to show my pace. I don't think it was real-time pace either - just every half mile "lap".

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim - I don't have that particular Polar model, and I haven't used mine since I started using my Garmin, but I think I remember having to actually program the watch up to show my pace. I don't think it was real-time pace either - just every half mile "lap".
        Thanks Sue.....so, maybe I have to actually do a longer run for it to show up....will find out tonight. I don't know weather the track where I run at sometimes is clear of ice or snow yet to calibrate my foot pod. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Ultrachick

I have the RS200 but it's a couple (?) years old now. I had to calibrate mine. To see the speed I think it depends on which mode you have the watch in. I don't ever wear the foot pod anymore. I calibrated it on a treadmill but I run mostly trails so I question it's accuracy and sometimes I would get different distances for the same course. Good luck with it. Kelly
          If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.