Masters Running

Run, White, and Blue Friday the 4th Daily (Read 41 times)

SteveP glad I am not the only one that finds posting on RA with a cell phone to be some kind of medieval torture. Which is why this will be a very short post.

Spareribs you are not packing them in dry ice to ship!? I am crushed. Crushed I tell you! Hungry too.

I did not run today. Tomorrow though the weather turns nice and I should be able to run 6 or so miles.  Speaking of cooking, I made a leg of lamb recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri yesterday. Just awesome! One of my guests said it was the best lamb dish he ever had! It is not that difficult to prepare. Highly recommended. You just have to start a day in advance since the lamb had to marinade for 24 hours.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Pass that left over leg of lamb,  pleaseee twocat

Mustang Sally, lack of time is my problem too. I finally decided this year to focus in the yard and do less in the training.  Just because I have  big goals for next year and I don't want to think about the garden then. BTW, we have great biking in this area if you ever want to hang out with us.

Happy Independence day everyone. As you all know. I am a naturalized American citizen. By choice I became a citizen of this great and magnificent country. Every time I stand up to do the pledge of allegiance I have goose bumps running all over me. I kid you not.

It is such an honor to be a citizen of this mighty country by choice and every 4th of July I make sure that I celebrate the Independence day of the mighty USA in big style.

Today I gathered 11 folks from all over the world (hahh, they all ended up in Omak, WA, for a BBQ at my place. We had a blast. Today also is my papa's birthday, so we all sang happy birthday to him and the old man cried since most of the people who were here he had the chance to meet when he came to visit us 12 years ago. I am so proud of my papa. He is a magnificent guy.

Cheers to USA!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave - great run!

Steve - great picture - you do look like you are flying!

Carolyn - nice PR!

Mustang Sally - we have had thunderstorms almost every night that I have time to weed, so I have not.  And the weeds have grown.  It is getting pretty serious out there now....

Very busy 4th from dawn to dusk with my brother and nephew visiting.  We went to a parade and festival yesterday morning, spent the afternoon at my other nephew's house with their 4 little boys - just a fantastic day, weatherwise, and a wonderful time with the family.  Here's picture of DD at the festival with a man holding a scary puppet.

No run for me yesterday, but 30 minutes or so of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Anytime Ribs and Twocat want to have a cook-off, I'll be happy to be a judge!

I finished in 42:21 (10:34 pace), and was the first racewalker. They sped up the award ceremony because of the approaching dark clouds and the breeze that was kicking up. I got 2 tickets to a local animal & amusement park, and a nice glass trophy. It was a nice, spur-of-the-moment start to the day.

Tru Dat

Have fun some place MikeE

Love your pace, Tet

I don't think I've ever had lamb.

Posi, I et the same way with the Star Spangled Banner. What ever may be wrong with our country. It's up to U.S. to fix it. The politicians bicker and blame like school kids.

What a doll, Holly.

SteveP