Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 1.6.15 (Read 35 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

GO PACKERS!

(for one more game, that is)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Nothing about a middle-aged married guy with the Batman bedspread? Really?

I did notice that, but wasn't sure what to say.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

4 mile RAL: 38:20

9.52, 9.40, 9.29, 9.07.

surprised myself that i was continually faster each mile. Wasn't really paying much attention to my pace.

Nice!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Ha! I noticed it and loved it, but when I tried to respond I had an internet outage here at work and lost everything! Been too busy to get back on here.

Well, all this football talk sounds like the teacher in Peanuts to me (wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-waaahhh) so I'll just pretend to know what's going on.

I like how David writes out Tammy's training plan. Hey, at least he gave you two rest days this week. Nice job on your progressive pace 4 miler, today!

Today was supposed to be "much warmer than yesterday," according to that stoopid weatherunderground site. Phooey on that, it's still in the -20° range and I don't think it ever got much above that. Now it's still saying we'll get up to zero tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I see it. At least it should be much warmer by the weekend (in the teens!) with more snow next week. I'll get outside this weekend but it'll be another treadmill run for me tonight.

So this coming back to work stuff after an extended break is hard. It feels like I've been here for 8 days in a row already, but it's only 4 pm on Tuesday.   Re-entry is tough. *sigh*

janie b good

no run today due to 4+ inches of fresh snow.  I did, however, shovel for an hour.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

If you live in the tri-state area it is easy to understand how someone could end up as a fan of a far away football team!  Yes, even a governor from one of the three states.  So far as I can tell the only thing more frustrating than being a NY Jets fan (me, why me? ) is to be a California Golden Bears fan (I am cursed I tell you, cursed! )

Somehow I convinced myself to get out for a 14 mile run this morning in 18° weather.  On the good news side I manged to get out before the snow came!

In other running news, my DW shocked me today!  (No, no not with an electric cord or dropping a live wire into the bathtub!  You all are really evil I tell you, evil! )  I asked if she wanted me to sign her up for the Danbury HM at the end of March.  She said yes!  This might be a sign of cosmic significance or something!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

mrrun

In other running news, my DW shocked me today!  (No, no not with an electric cord or dropping a live wire into the bathtub!  You all are really evil I tell you, evil! )  I asked if she wanted me to sign her up for the Danbury HM at the end of March.  She said yes!  This might be a sign of cosmic significance or something!

You know those people who are supposedly everywhere?  Well, look for them in Danbury - my first race as a 70 yo (without a training plan from SR - mainly because I use the "tet training method".

marj

Henrun

You know those people who are supposedly everywhere?  Well, look for them in Danbury - my first race as a 70 yo (without a training plan from SR - mainly because I use the "tet training method".

marj

Like! I'll be doing the 5K.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I had a long story to tell about some rotten officiating that kept the Vikings out the Super Bowl back in 1975...against them dang Cowboys...but, I will refrain because it brings back too many painful memories...

Anyway...guess what I did, just now...no guesses?  Well, then, I'll tell you...I signed up for my next marathon!!!  I'm not real thrilled about the particular marathon, to be honest, but Debbie has always wanted to go to San Francisco but I have already done California.  So, I found a marathon in Reno, NV--the Downtown River Run--on April 12th.  We'll fly into San Francisco on Friday, the 10th--spend the night--drive to Reno on Saturday--spend the night--get up and do the marathon (well, I will...Debbie will probably sleep in) on Sunday--drive back to San Francisco--and spend a couple more days riding around on trolly cars and eating Rice-A-Roni...is there anything else to do in San Francisco?  Oh--the Golden Gate Bridge...did I ever tell you guys my cousin jumped off that bridge?  I think he was number 500.

Okay--I gotta go--see ya!

evanflein

I need to start looking at marathons, schedules, calendars and maps and such. I've been keeping that Charlevoix Marathon in the back of my mind, but I just can't see how I can make it work. If it were a Sunday marathon, yes. But on a Saturday.... I just can't make it. Rats. Anyhow, DH and I are checking my holiday calendar, our work travel schedule and the marathon maniac calendar to try to find some races to do. You people closer to other states and major airline hubs are lucky....

It was supposed to warm up a bit today, but it was colder today than yesterday! After work it was -22° on the way home, but zero at home. Ah, the advantages of higher elevations! I still did 5.5 miles on the treadmill at varying paces and elevations (8.2 m/m pace at 2% gets hard after awhile!), then went to get DH. It's always amazing to watch the car thermometer go from zero to -22.... then on the way home go from -23 (it was later) up to -2 as we go back up the hill. It's already 10 above at 10:30 p.m., so I think our warm up has finally arrived. I'm hoping for an outdoor run tomorrow!

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Mom must really love you.

Sniffing Butts, Tag