Masters Running

Thursday, 8.27.15 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' kids.

5.77 lackluster RW miles at 4. BWB (breakfast with the boss) this morning, then on to two more meetings today (#s 6 and 7 for the week, but who's counting...).

Gotta go.

Have a greta Thursday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Averaging almost two a day.   You're a better man than me, Jay.

First reflective wear of the year--sun not quite up at 5:45 and I don't spend all my time on the sidewalks.  Also cooler and dryer.  A satisfying 5 for me.  Hope everyone else's goes as well.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Good mornin'

Slacker of the day for me here: just over 4, and we had below 80 temps, too!  We'll see what the weather brings for our Speedster session tonight.

It's Thursday, after a superb Wednesday evening!  And I didn't even run last night.

"Let's live tonight like fireflies

And one by one light up the sky

We're beautiful now."

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Still stuffed and sniffling here....I went home early yesterday and laid down for a while, worked more in the evening.  I am back at work today, but may end up going home early again.  I just have so much to do at the end of the month, it is hard to not come in at all.  Nice that I work from home tomorrow.

6 slow and gentle miles in 61 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

So Robin is sick to her stomach huh?  Every FB pic shows her in a restaurant!

Actually EK, we had a nice Mexican restaurant picked out but it was nothing like Al's.  Glad they took you there.

It was 73 this morning on my recovery run, darned near froze my butt off!  Yesterday it was 93 degrees in the afternoon and people here were raving about the cool weather.  It's a matter of what you're used to.

Travis came over for dinner last night and he and the Saint hooked up the turntable he gave me for my b'day. What fun to play vinyl again. I had "Meet the Beatles", their first album last night, and this morning the Stones' "Tattoo You."  I'm loving this.

Spending the day in San Antonio tomorrow pitching my services to a prospect.  I sent them an agenda for our 90 minute "working lunch" and asked them to feel free to amend it as they see fit, and they added about six more items! I may be there all day.  Flight time from DFW to San Antonio is just one hour, so no worries.

Holly, get better, or else!  Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

4.5 sunny morning miles in the lingering haze on the horizon from far-away forest fires.
              Starr: I should have mentioned the nearly-vertical, often hand-over-hand, 1.5 mile hike up Seward’s Mt. Marathon I used to run up-and-down every Fourth-of-July in those days. The race route is so well-worn, you can even see it coursing up through the alpine crags from downtown streets.  For those of us who thought we were invincible in our more youthful days, the descent was a little more direct !, . . . taking only 15-20 minutes vs. 40-45 minutes up, especially when there were remnant snowfields for speedy, out-of-control, sliding down on visqueen plastic we’d have in our pockets.  One year, when I outslid the plastic I was sitting on, was the only time of ending up in the hospital after a race.   
              ps - I’ll leave the streaking up to Holly and Econo but sign me up for next year’s Portland Marathon.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R, congrats to your son on a great job in his first XC meet.  fatozzig, my thoughts are with you and your family.  Twocat, I'm glad to hear your first run in 10 days went well.  DrRobin, I hope you have recovered from whatever got you.  Holly, get well quickly.

Nice long runs for ribs and Mike.  Good job on the speedwork for Aamos.

This morning, it was in the mid 50s and there was a light wind.  I got in 6 miles at an 11:35 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

5 miles, easy pace.  62F.  It was a bit faster than yesterday at same effort.  I woke with a headache, I think from the humidity or possibly portending the low pressure system about to move in tomorrow.

Restaurant was good last night, but I felt like it was overpriced (probably because I paid).  I feel that a lot with Seattle restaurants.  This weekend I will do home cooking for BE and me as he stays with me for 2 days.  I will still get my runs in and I should be able to get 32-33 for the week.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

So Robin is sick to her stomach huh?  Every FB pic shows her in a restaurant!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

4.3 tempo miles on the reservoir this morning.  More than usual runners smiled and waved hello- probably because the humidity has finally broken and it was almost cool this morning. A rest day tomorrow since I've biked and/ or run for the last 4 days.

I agree that Robin spends a lot of time in restaurants- but the food looks so good.

Easy bike/run brick for me this morning -- still a little longer than the plan but not too much ..... heading up to Maine to get some practice swims in the ocean before Sunday's race.

Stumpy - I wore my reflective vest on the bike this morning as well -- it's actually the 2nd time for me already this season

Sending healing prayers to all who are sick, stressed or in need of any kind.

Waiting for Maria's other grandma to come pick her up so I can head out --- how can someone be over an hour later than when they are supposed to arrive when they live 10 minutes away?!?!?!

denise

Today was my second run of the week.  It went really well!  Nothing hurt!  Good pace.  Very happy.  After that the day pretty much sucked.

<Whining mode on>

My assistant did the one thing the sets me over the edge, she tried explaining why something that went wrong was not possibly her fault.  Normally, I try to avoid blaming people for screw ups.  I would rather just see what can be done going forward.  When people try to make sure that whatever blame may exist could not possibly be theirs I blow up.  So I did.    I had written a whole document outlining who is supposed to do what early last month.  My assistant simple did not do her part.  Period.  Ugh!!!  Then, if that were not enough, I get my programs all working and then I go to run something to get an answer to a question that I have spent months working towards.  Turns out the "complete" database I have is not, in fact, complete!    Now I have to figure out where I can get a more complete database!  Ugh!  Ugh!

<Whining mode off>

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 6.2 miles tonight.

That's it.  See ya.

SteveP

"Let's live tonight like fireflies

And one by one light up the sky

We're beautiful now."

Holy Ouch, Tet!  Judgment calls like that make me wonder if we're related.

SteveP