Masters Running

July Masters Miles - everyone got an award this month! (Read 438 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey there, masters!  Time to post your July miles and any PRs or other memorable moments.  Awards given, as usual, for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, and for interesting mileage totals (like prime numbers)! 

Also, I'd appreciate your help in giving out awards this month - so please suggest an award for another forum member - it could be the person who posted just before you, or just someone you want to recognize for being a good runner or a good person (or both!)

Indian Peaks Wilderness, at about 11,300 ft elevation:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps

Thanks, Carolyn!

I can feel the cool mountain breeze coming off that photo!  Ahhhhhh!

139.9 for July. 

I'm kind of glad this one's over.  Heat, storms, heat, humidity, power outages, heat, and....did I mention heat?

Looking forward to a new month of better running!

ETA:  Sorry for not following directions.  Really, I can't choose!  Besides, once you start handing out awards on subjective judgment calls instead of objective miles, it ceases to be a sport. Evil

Be safe. Be kind.

Hi, lovely wildflowers!

I am excited to report a cool 100.0 miles for July.  Mostly in cool weather.  Don't think I ever ran above 70F.  We could use a little bit of your heat Tramps!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Dave59

My biggest month yet:

How about an award for Tet for the biggest increase in training mileage for the decade?

My award would go to Dave for running every day during the month of July. If July in Michigan was anything like July in Wisconsin, he toughed it out through some pretty steamy weather.

120.3 miles for July

985.2 YTD

Not running last week while DH and I were on vacation brought my numbers down, but we did walk the Golden Gate Bridge which I've never done before. Cool

#artbydmcbride

169.5 miles for July

1  5k

1 10k

1  15k

1 half marathon

I nominate Tramps for an award...for overall beauty of execution and sticking his landings!  9.8!!

Runners run

Thanks for doing this, Carolyn.  What a wonderful picture!

July: 217.0 (first > 200 since March)

YTD: 1,461.6

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thanks, Carolyn.  Do love those pictures.  And I'll sneak in with my mini-miles before more of the heavy hitters get here

57.3 miles for the month.  about the only thing positve is that it's the most since April.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

ick .... only 72.8 -  only .1 different from last month and not where I want to be --- hoping for more in August!!

enjoyed some wonderful miles in Philadelphia and Virginia Beach this month tho!!

JLynne - gets the Golden Gate Bridge award in my eyes!! Smile

thanks Carolyn!!

denise

HermosaBoy

July:    285.1 mi
                      2012 1,803.5 mi

1 5k race finishing 1st overall.  Smile

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks wild! 

I think Jay deserves some kind of cool award for all the cool descriptions of his morning racewalks...but what to call it...Best  Descriptions of the Morning Award...maybe?  See?  That's why you do these things.

For me...

July: 190.6   24:06:51

YTD: 1310   167:59:37

evanflein

July was 134.2 miles for me, after a layoff pretty much the first half of the month. Sucky month for me, but things are improving. I haven't had a 200+ mile month since March!

I vote for Dave for sticktoittiveness for running so consistently in hot weather. 

And I vote for Enke for coolest total miles in coolest weather as the rest of the nation (except for me and Troy) simmers in the heat!

Thanks for this thread, wild.

79 miles for July

696 miles for the year to date

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Some of you aren't reading the directions!  Joking   But thanks to those of you that are.Smile

I had a GRETA running month in July!  202.2 miles!!!  That's the first time I've broken the 200 barrier! 

It's due to a combination of nice weather, nothing hurting, and my DH being away for 3 weeks so I had lots of extra "me" time.  I love running here in the summertime - all my trails are snow-free and there's no H&H, and no bugs.  Of course the price we pay for nice summers is very long winters, but I try to enjoy the season while it lasts.

I ran one 10k, and took 1/1 in my (new) AG, but no PRs.  HIghlights of the month were running with Skip at the beginning of the month, and with OM at the end!

My award goes to Leslie for an awesomely awesome 50 mile race!  I want to be like her when I grow up.... oh, wait... I'm older than she is...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

211/ 1083.

First 200+ mile month in quite some time. One of the 2000 mile groups held a 110% challenge: up your highest-mileage month by 110% for July- that helped me ramp things up.