Masters Running

40's On the Run w/e 4/5 (Read 375 times)

Woot, woot to lots of great runs and workouts..... My doc appointment is Tues....almost pointless going now as things are 80% better. Took long enough to get in that dang place. Yesterday was my 26th wedding anniversary and we went out to dinner. Nothing fancy, just a couple of hours of quality chat time without his Nextel beeping, without the kids wanting, without all other "piddly" things that sometimes get in the way. After reading yesterdays thread of Tom's wife Donna passing away, really makes me feel fortunate that we still have one another even when he drives me absolutely insane. My dad has been really sick, my mom has had some scares with her health these last few weeks so running has not been a priority for me. Having said that, my dad is doing a bit better and my mom's test results are all coming back negative which is very relieving to me. O.K., enough of that......Tomorrow I will go running and see how the knee feels. Hopefully I can pull off a 5 miler with no pain. I am officially on Spring Break and I don't have any school until Monday the 13th! Jewels
    But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
      Good runs out there to evryone. Happy anniversary jewels. Arla you and Joe are killing me with those 50 and 60 mile weeks....nicely done, the both of you. 6 miles for me this evening. Pretty windy and the forcast is for wind and more wind with continued wind through out the weekend Happy spring break to those that get it! Later my friends.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Two posts in a row.....there's probably some forum rule about that. Tongue 3 easy miles for me the evening. I didn't think I was going to get a run in today. This morning the wind was blowing harder than I've seen it blow....I think ever.....except maybe for a storm. I always talk about how windy it is....but this time I mean it! It blew down a power pole that serves electricity to my neighborhood. We were without power for 4 or 5 hours. No big deal there as it was warm and daylight. Thanks to the power company for getting us back on quickly.
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Ultrachick

Hi Everyone! Nice runs and workouts! I'm busy as usual. Class is going well even though I'm not putting in nearly enough time. I'm getting the mileage back up-have had 50 mile weeks for the past 3 weeks and have a 4 week streak of at least 20 mile long runs going-24 planned for tomorrow will put me up to 62 for the week. No landspeed records being set but my hamstring is feeling better finally. Today is my first Saturday off since December-I'm done with ski school. Skiing is still good and hopefully I'll get a few more turns in. My job is going well however I'm having a hard time getting to bed early enough to be rested for getting up at 4:30am to be at work for 5:30am. I've started taking a little rest around 2pm-that's when I'm ready to crash but still have the rest of the day to get through. Keep up the good work and I'll check in again at some point. I have a lot of class work due this month I need to get going on. Take care, Kelly
          If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Queen of 3rd Place

Yay! Spring break! Happy break to those who get it!! Jewels - good news on the knee! Even though it's better, it's probably not a bad idea to consult with the doc to discuss how to avoid that in the future (unless s/he says don't run). Kelly - sound like you're a lot better, too! So, do 20 mile long runs every week feel like a normal long run to you? Ev - it was windy here a day or so ago, guess it really worked up a head of steam by the time it got out your way. I think we got gusts up to about 30 - 35, which is a pretty hard wind for us. Can't imagine trying to run in what you're describing. Spent the whole day packing and getting ducks in their rows. Tomorrow it's an early 12-miler and then drive to LA to catch my cruise ship. Hope I've got the right date. Wink Arla

Ex runner