Masters Running

Sunday, May 18th Daily (Read 393 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Afternoon! Busy, busy day today – many errands and such, digging and planting and still unpacking, etc. I’ll post and then go back to read. 13.3 miles, with mile #8 and 9 at tempo-ish (8:20, 8:31), followed by this workout at home: 1. Alternating side lunges (20L, 20R), bench step-ups (20L, 20R). 2. Sit-squats (30), ballet squats (30), split squats (20L, 20R). 3. Single leg bridges (30L, 30R), forward lunges (20L, 20R) This way I can give my legs a complete break tomorrow. Now to see what the rest of you have been up to today.... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

DD10 wanted to run with me today, so we ran 3.2 miles together this afternoon. After she stopped at our house, I kept going. I intended to go only 5 miles or so, but I felt great so I just kept going and made it 6.7 miles in 1:13:49. I purposely went slower than usual, and it felt good. I love the perfect running weather - 66, overcast, and breezy. Now I have work to do - DH and I have to get out some structural drawings for a house renovation tonight.
      wildchild

Carolyn

I went out for an easy untimed 3 mile run with my furry running buddies, Tazzie and Ladybug. Figured I'd take Ribs' advice and do an easy run after a long run to keep my legs loose. Enjoy what's left of the weekend, everyone.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

tomwhite, that's ok. thanks for the report... I guess 'as good as it gets' is as good as we can ask for. Stable is good. I hope her Red Count continues to come up. Please let her know we're thinking about her. {{{ }}} Liz, listen to SR. very happy your foot feels fine. good question, but I don't know. I remember when you were making so much progress a few months ago. (& some times when you just perhaps maybe pushed a little too much)(as I do all the time. I'm only mentioning that because i don't want to see you go through this again). do you have good records that might help you decide what to do this time? of course, including shutting 'er down at the first leettle sign of crankiness. Twocat, woohoo for you too re nyc. Big grin. SR, thanks for describing some of the processes you go through. it's really very helpful. Jeanne, congratulations on your HM! Holly, how did you do that?? nice run, Teresa. Carolyn, I really liked the pictures of your dogs. they were smiling. mta thanks for the pictures Lou. hi to Beerdog.
            perchcreek nice long run at a very nice pace. CNYrunner also a good long run. I managed to get out during the break in the clouds and run in the nice warm sun. Alas, then in the afternoon . . . Spareribs how you manage all of these trips is a wonder to me. I have to fly off to Dublin on Friday and I am just dreading the whole thing. eliz4015 nice job getting to 15 miles for the week. Do not worry about your speed. Slow, fast, none if it matters. Just that you enjoy the running you do. Nobody pays any of us (yep not even those competing for the lead in these races) to do this so it better be we are doing it for fun! deez4boyz wow a run without your MP3 or Garmin! You are way more dedicated than I could ever be! I would have just broken down and crawled home in tears. Smile Jlynne way to go in the HM! Show those youngins that being 55 does not mean they can just breeze by you! Holly nice run. You will no doubt set a new marathon PR this fall. dg. thanks I am really looking forward to the NYCM. Today I ran with my DW. This was her longest run ever. She had planned on 8 miles but (shhhh nobody tell her) we went 8.92! Best of all she ran the whole way. I think a HM may yet be in her future. Smile Our route was one of my favorites. We ran down to the beach and then back along a beach community and into a local park. In the park there were three sets of geese that had flocks of babies with them. I am not so fond of grown up geese but the babies are very cute. Another bit of entertainment was provided by the local seagulls as they went after breakfast. Absent mankind they have to grab a muscle or clam from the shore, carry it up, and then attempt to drop it on a rock. Since their aim is not so good this is a pretty haphazard process, meaning the mollusk sometimes "gets away" by getting lost in the rocks. With mankind around they fly over the road and drop breakfast on a nice wide flat "rock." Now seagulls may be bird brains but they are smart enough to know a good thing when they see it. So, the road through the park is just covered in broken shells and a small army of well fed seagulls. Good evening all.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

pfriese

Another beautiful Sunday here. 11.2 miles running @ 9:52/mile pace, followed by a nice 25 mile bicycle ride wih youngest DD. Paul
              evanflein

Late post of my run today. Got up early (for me, on a Sunday...) and ran 8.5 miles along the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail in Anchorage. Very nice morning, amazing weather for Anchorage. Then DH and I spent the day shopping and stopping my DS2's soccer workout... (we were down there at the same time but separately, he'll be home later tonight with friends), then lunch with our friend and the baby (she was in town last week, we had lunch with her DH and that cute baby today) and then a quick trip to Nordstrom before heading to the airport. Had to go grocery shopping on the way home (DS1 called.... we're out of milk!) and now grilling up dinner. What a crazy weekend this was... Good runs everyone. This is an amazing group.