Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 11.25.14 (Read 31 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

For those FB friends, it's like you never left.

Congratulations on Philly and a BQ.  Hope to see you at Robin's partay

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Congratulations, OM!!

I found out this morning that Mt. Hood 50 will now fill by lottery.  That sucks.  So many of the good ultras have turned to lotteries because so many people want to get in.  Guess it's a good thing I hadn't planned on going back next year . . . .

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

C-R

Big welcome back to OM and congrats on the BQ!!!!

Ribs still handles fines in here so I expect he will be reaching out to you soon.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Dare I try to post here again??

Well, DUH!  Congratulations!!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

My nephew is a West point grad now serving in Afghanistan.  my sister is gathering a Christmas box to be sent to each of the men in his squad, so we put together a box of wrapped goodies that we'll drop of at DS's house as we go by in the morning.  Hope it makes a tiny difference for someone a long way from home over the holidays.

Very cool!

Slo - good luck on the pies!

{{{healing hugs to all who hurt}}}

I went to DD's first scrimmage last night and overall both teams (7th grade and 8th grade) got beat every quarter.  DD did pretty good though, scoring a number of shots.  It's only the beginning of the season though (they play until late February), and I am looking forward to watching them progress as we go.

4.6 easy-paced miles for me on the TM watching Red Dragon, weight training class after work.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dare I try to post here again??

Been wanting to rejoin the group for a while now, but it's been so long, I think I need a reintroduction. So here goes...

I'm Esther, a.k.a. OrangeMat, a.k.a. OM, and I just qualified for Boston at the Philly Marathon on Sunday. And everything I ever learned about running, from when I first started in 2007 or so, I learned from this group. So I'm here to say THANK YOU!!

And now the tricky part will be to actually keep up with the goings-on here. Smile

YAY Esther!!  So glad you came back here!!  Great weekend in Philly - we'll have to get together again when you get back to Boston!!

Re Aamos - I did text her again, but no response yet.............hopefully things are ok and she'll update us all soon

denise

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Thanks for the advice on the ankle.  I gave it the day off and will call the doc tomorrow to try to book in. At this point, probably won't see him until next week, but I'll be careful until then.

Mostly careful, that is, because I'm heading back to BC for the holiday to hang out with my kids.  I've arranged a loaner bike and will ride and run as I can.  My buddies are egging me on, trying to get me to enter stoopid trail and cyclocross races, but I'd like to get home in one piece thank-you-very-much.  Mostly, I'll be calming DD down and helping her break through college-application-essay-panic, while telling DS that he doesn't have to know what he wants to be when he grows up right now, and being a talented and kind salesperson at Banana Republic is just fine until he gets an idea.  Besides, I love getting his employee discount in my favorite store.

So I'll have spent this Canadian Thanksgiving in the US, and the American Thanksgiving in Canada, thereby reducing my former three turkeys in three months to one (maybe).

ETA:  No matter what, keep that pie crust cold.  I let it rest in the fridge as a plastic-wrapped disc after blending with the water, and then chill it again once it's in the pie plate.  Or, if I'm disorganized and in a rush, I just crank it through into the oven, but it's never as crisp and flaky.  Or, if I'm totally disorganized (as I am this year), I just buy one from the bakery and hand it to my partner to carry to his relatives on Thursday.

Hey all,

I apologize for the fly-by post but life has been crazy. The Community Orchestra concert is tonight so I have been practicing like crazy.  Handel’s Messiah, the Nutcracker Suite and a Christmas carol sing-a-long are on the program.  I am definitely looking forward to rehearsals being over, ack! 10:15 last night till we were done!  I found a vintage black linen dress in my spare closet.  It belonged to my mom and is quite elegant so decided to wear it.  It has a brocade bodice with V-neck and V-back and this huge bow on the back.  It will go with my vintage clarinets that I bought last year.

I know that I am not the only one that hesitates to post when they don’t have any runs to report, but I cannot remember the last day I ran without looking in my log.  I have surgery scheduled for my foot tomorrow for Hallux Rigidus (stiff big toe).  Consequently, running has been on the back burner. I will be laid up for 2-4 weeks so have been frantically getting the Christmas decorating done.  I feel like a pregnant mamma in the nesting stage!

We will have a quiet Thanksgiving with just MrStarr and I. I sure hope I don’t gain back all the weight I’ve lost. I hope to be walking, if not running, by Christmas. My podiatrist is a runner so he gets it. I will have time to keep tabs on my RA friends after tomorrow.

Have a great Thanksgiving and greta running to all.

p.s. welcome back to OrangeMat and MustangSally!  I'll talk to you later

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

I hope to be walking, if not running, by Christmas. My podiatrist is a runner so he gets it. I will have time to keep tabs on my RA friends after tomorrow.

Have a great Thanksgiving and greta running to all.

I am so glad to read this posting. You take this down time to read your favorite books and plan your favorite running routes.

Yes! BQ OrangeMat is back. I missed your cheery posts here.

I would give one to Mustang Sally too, but i know she is not favorable of the dancing bananas. So she will get a mariposa hug.

Back on the TM for me tonight. It is snowing hard here (yes!!! just for Enkie's kids to have fun in), since we have a layer of ice underneath the snow I decided to stay inside, watch the news and run. 8.5 miles tonight with a fun mix of easy and 5k pace every other mile.

Off to read Spareribs article.

Ohh, any one who goes in warmer climates this time of the year owes us tons of pictures.

Any words from Aamos?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard