Masters Running

Wednesday, July 9 Runs, Walks, etc. (Read 628 times)

Maniac 505

Ribs: so glad to hear you know what is going on, the upcoming procedure has to be a concern, but it isn't a new. 20 years ago, one of my Scuba buddies had a pig valve installed. (I think it was a new procedure then) he quickly returned to diving, and we took our divemaster classes together. I bet you will return to running, and running better than ever quicker than you think Tramps, thanks for the info on your procedure, glad they got those evil polyps. the colonoscopy is no big deal, but the day before is a bit of a nuisances. I set my 8K PR the day after mine. nice ruin Enke I have an appointment with the podiatrist tomorrow morning. (30 days after I got the orthotics, for adjustments) Haven't run in about 3 weeks, the orthos ruined my feet. hoping for a steroid shot, tomorrow. Dave
      What’s with the cement geese lawn ornaments? Is this just an Ohio phenomenon? People actually buy clothes for these things, matching dresses and bonnets, and park them on their porches. And another one, a 3-foot-high statue of a child, with the head missing, and people put flowers where the head should be. Am I the only one who thinks this is kind of sick? Confused
      I was born and raised in NE Ohio by Eastern Pennsylvanian Immigrants... Twenty-two years I lived in NE Ohio. (And a year or so in Cincinnati) I've been in SE Virginia for 23 years (How did that happen so fast?) We live in a modest subdivision (in Ohio it would be a "neighborhood", I like that better) with cul-de-sacs (In Ohio, they were "turnarounds", I like that better, too) ANYWAY, A couple blocks away from me, there is a house with a goose on the front porch. The goose is always dressed according to the current holiday or season. (My favorite is the Pilgrim attire for Thanksgiving (am I still allowed to say "Thanksgiving" here on RA?, ha ha, just kidding) ANYWAY, I love this house with the costumed goose. At Christmas, we call it the "Las Vegas House" because they have more lights than Clark Griswold. I always remember the day when these folks moved into their house a couple blocks away from me... I remember that day because it was the day I saw a moving van and some cars all with OHIO license plates in the driveway. Ohio.
      LaVita

Manchild

4 for me but more importantly, I wanted to commend Ribs for seeing about his health issues and getting some much needed initial observations from his doc. I remember when my dad had open heart surgery some years ago and the fear we both felt, him especially of course but it all was for the better and I, from the deepest emotional side, wish you all the best! With a quick and remarkable recovery!! Chris
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ribs, I'm SO glad you were smart and went in when you did! That's really an interesting point about running being a good early indicator of problems. I will add that to my list of reasons to keep doing this! I was aiming for 4.4 miles today, depending on how my ankle felt. It was VERY hot and humid at 7:45 am (76 degrees, which is the hottest weather I've run in for about 10 months). I taped my ankle as Kevin suggested, and that helped a lot. But the humidity got to us. DD made it 3 miles, my friend made it 3.3, and I stopped at 3.9. That's still the farthest I've gone since my injury, so I'm pleased with it. I hope I get a good report from the PT tomorrow, so I can try for more mileage on Friday, when the humidity is supposed to be lower.
          SteveP

Spareribs You're a rock solid man and we're sure you'll come through any proceedure well. Bleesed are those who get second opinions. Blessed are those who have Dr.s who are athletic. Blessed are those who marry Saints.

SteveP