Masters Running

Sunday May 24 - Show Time! (Read 31 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

I was the pokey marathoner today, 3:41.   Beautiful day and fun run; even raced a train for a bit in Great Barrington.

waiting for our 25k runner to report in now!

You know you're hanging with a fast crowd when 3:41 is the slow marathon for the day!  And yeah, go Stumpy!

Karin posted on FB that she saw Twocat in the med tent - I'd love to hear the story when you guys get the time to post!  Hope you're both okay!

I had a fun trail run yesterday with my ultra gang - 17 people met down in Palmer Lake, CO, and ran about 23 miles.  I only knew about half of them before, but made a few new friends.  Fun bunch, and we all stayed together, waiting at intersections for everyone to catch up.  It started out foggy, then rained a little, then there was actually some sunshine for a while!  But then it got cloudy and started hailing, and there was a huge thunderstorm (very close!) for about the last two miles.  Puts some spring in your step even when you're tired!   Then most of us went out for beer and Mexican food afterward.

Here's a funny picture, from the summit of Mt. Herman.  You couldn't see a thing because of the fog.  My friend Andrea was warming her face or something, and she posted that it looked like she'd seen bigfoot coming out of the fog, so someone photoshopped the picture.   I'm in the back next to the guy in the green shirt.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

King of PhotoShop

Glad to hear that med tent thing was not serious.  Well done both of you.

Here is the pic of the mural with the car in front of it Mike:

Spareribs

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Amy--Thank you for making me feel a little (not much) faster.  I managed 3:39 for my 25K.  A bit slower than I hoped, but with the usual lack of training AND 75°, I'll take it.  Nothing like Carolyn and Leslie's trails, but continuous hills.  A lot of the trails are XC ski trails in the winter--they seem like it would be very painful going up and scary coming down.  It may be at sea level, and not terribly technical, but I bet some of our resident mountain goats would enjoy it.  They did a great job with the water stops--with the way the course looped we hit each of the 4 two times each.  Lots of choice of goodies.  I particularly liked the potatoes and salt.

Excellent marathons for CNY, Amy, and TC.  All Very speedy, but not exactly surprising.

Just finished a big glass of chocolate milk.Now to hope that the Sox hold on.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tammy, great 5 mile trail race with David and both of you getting hardware.  Speedy marathons for Aamos, Twocat, and CNY.  stumpy, nice 25K.

Nice long runs for Mike and wild.

This morning, it was about 50° and there was a light wind.  I did 3 miles at an 11:39 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

an amazing likeness

Great endurance Stumpy77 -- it was hot and heavy today, and those hills are relentless. They may be short and steep, but endless.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Quick post race post here.  I finished in 3:37:17.  A bit faster than my last marathon.  Yes, CNYrunner and I had a reunion of sorts in the med tent!  What a way to get to see another RA master!    We both lived.  I came in with my usual calf cramps and this time they floored me.  Like literally!  But I am upright again and moderately ambulatory!  Oh yes, at 55 that was a BQ by 2:43!  Wahoo!  I am not planning to run Boston but what the heck, a BQ is a BQ!  

AamosY congratulations on your marathon time!  Very impressive.

Spareribs very, very cool mural!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Yes a medical tent reunion for me and Twocat! I didn't have my glasses on, and didn't realize he was there until his DW recognized me and then I heard him call out. Our cots were actually across the aisle in the tent so we were feet to feet across the aisle. Oh dear! Great to see you and just sorry it was there, but all was fine in the end. Thank your DW again for the shout-out. I had a blood pressure issue that started to roll at about mile 15-16 or so. I was running really controlled, legs felt great and all, but was really light-headed. Anyway, a little drama as I fainted after the finish and my teammate Vanessa (running a 3:23 today and a 3 minute PR) and a local buddy Patrick hauled me into the med. tent. Anyway....all fine now and I am home now and in my PJs.

My 3:34 secured 9th place in my age group and our open women's team finished 3rd and our masters team 4th, so all in all okay! Our top woman was second place overall in a 2:52. ZOOM! Loved the course and the organization was fabulous.

Great job Aamos! A 3:41 on that course IS NOT SLOW OR POKEY in ANY WAY! Well done! And big props to you Stumpy! Not an easy course.

Love that photo Wildchild!

And that art and car photo too Ribs. Very cool.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

While most of you were out enjoying your marathons, 25k's, med tent meet ups, and other fun stuff...I was working on Grandma's house...yes it is ours, but I'm sure we'll always call it "Grandma's house".  This is going to be a whole lot of work and take up time that I don't have time to take up...please excuse the tetsujinism.

Speaking of tet...great grandkid story!  I'm sure he's already used to all the dumb neat things you do.

Again, congratulations to all the runners, today.  Amy...stumpy...nice job on your races.  And I'm glad Twocat and Karin are okay.  I visited the med tent after my second marathon...kept having thermometers stuck up my butt...

Okay...gotta go...see ya!

Oh...thanks for posting the picture, Ribs.  I've never really understood abstract art, but it looks pretty cool behind that car.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow - great runs and races for Sunday, and a Big Foot sighting, to boot!  Well done, folks!

Ribs - I don't quite get it, either, but it does look pretty cool

We had an unexpected (but very nice) visit from my brother Mike who lives in Virginia, and his daughter, so my weekend was busy with that, plus lots of yard work.  I finally have everything planted and the fencing up around the garden.

4.3 miles for me on Sunday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."