Masters Running

Chaska Turkey Trot RR (Read 266 times)

HermosaBoy

A great showing for the HermosaBoys... Cloudy, windy and 30 degrees for the 4th Annual Chaska Turkey Trot which is partially a benefit for the Chaska XC team. Plan for this race was: Oldest HermosaBoy -- to try to beat as many people as possible. Oldest HermosaSon -- he was instructed to take the lead from the gun and hold it through at least 2 miles. Youngest HermosaSon -- Run smart and try to PR I am proud to say that we all succeeded! KeeMan took the race from the start with his teammates yelling at him, "what are you doing?" He held on to win by 20 seconds over 2nd in a time of 16:04 and 32 seconds over 3rd (me). CamScam ended up finishing 18th out of 444 in a time of 18:54. I don't think he PR'd (I think he tied it). Ended up winning two turkeys and a gift certificate for sporting goods. Not a bad day at all!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow - those are some speedy racers!! Congratulations and enjoy those turkeys!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

The hermosa clan sure did themselves proud. Congrats to KeeMan on 1st, hermosa on 3rd, and CamScam on tying his PR. You sure brought in the loot with two turkeys and a gift certificate. Keep up the good work. TomS
        wildchild

Carolyn

Dang, those boys are fast! And you didn't do too bad either! Congrats to all 3 of you!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

nowor

Great going Hermosa and Sons. KeeMan has been steadily creeping up and CamScram is putting things together. You are such a wonderful supporter and wonderful role model. I bet they are just as proud of you as you are of them (tho at their ages you might be the last to know. Enjoy those turkeys and glow. (Missing pics of all the handsome hermosi.)
            TammyinGP

yeah, what kind of thread is this with no pics of Hermosa Boy Clan! Congratulations to all of you on some great racing!

Tammy

evanflein

Another plea for photographic evidence! This is such a speedy family it's just amazing. I bet lots of other runners mutter "rats, they did show up!" when you guys stroll onto the scene... Big grin Sorry, just a fun mental picture I have... Thanks for sharing and good job on the turkey haul!
                  Nice work, Hermosas!!
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    Great job by the hermosas! I love it when someone runs up front all the way like Pre. Dark Horse
                    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                    HermosaBoy

Great job by the hermosas! I love it when someone runs up front all the way like Pre. Dark Horse
                      Well, given that I am not allowed to coach him during the season, this was my opportunity to try to impress on him that he CAN lead a race start to finish. I hope that he assimilates the experience. As for pictures, here ya go: What are you doing with that stoller on the starting line??? Photobucket The LineUp Photobucket 1:25 into the race... Photobucket In the mix: Photobucket The leader: Photobucket 3rd Place: Photobucket

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Fabulous photos and even better results. When other runners see you three on the way to the starting line, I bet there's some groaning to be heard! Fleet feet flying and in style. Karin