Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP W/E FEB 1 (Read 406 times)

nowor

Post your inauguration week activities CROSS TRAINER of the WEEK- Dg is the most creative rehabbing cross trainer of last week. Check out the report! May you feel better and stronger each day! Dark Horse- Dg-21.4 miles running, walking, elliptical, 47.43 minutes. bike, 28.13 minutes, Blush strength training, 4 hrs., minimal snow shoveling Keep up the rehab. What a wonderful mix of activities. Dutchie- 18.75K + lots of weight and strength training and a good call on nixing 10K on icy trail EGH3- eliz- ran 11.9, walked 9.1, and did strength XT one time. evanflein- 46.1 mile run, 2 miles walked, 15 minutes of weights Nice running on TM, trails, hardpack evryday- 0 mi but restoration in progress fatozzig-19.5 measly miles After the test those sound like gutsy miles lyndenrunner- nowor-17 miles + gym + yoga + shoveling (sigh) pfriese- 34.8 miles running Nice consistent pace tetsujin- (Traveling)
    nowor

Weather permitting. Note: there is NO shoveling scheduled for the WHOLE week. M-run 7 mi T-strength and core/ball classes done W-run-4 TM mi + 1 hour shoveling sodden snow Th-core/ball class + yoga in PM- done F-run-5 mi S-yoga-done + 1 hr chipping and shoveling ice Summary: 16 mi+ core, strength and yoga classes and shoveling that which cannot be named
        Another week, another chance to do better. Not gonna post what I'm suppose to do, 'cause it's too depressing when it doesn't happen. Keep your fingers crossed, though. I find out the results of my gall bladder test on Tuesday. Mon - 3 sproinky, but wet, miles at 9:44 ap; 1 hr core/strength Tues - 5 miles w/10 steep hill repeats, 10:12 ap: Average/Best/HR 1. 10:05/8:46/138 2. 9:39/8:32/155 3. 9:05/8:14/160 (10 hill repeats between Miles 3.50 and 4.43) 4. 11:19/8:17/149 5. 10:51/7:33/153 Wed - 1 hr core/strength Thurs - No workout - endoscopy Fri - 3 miles; 1 hour upper body and core Sat - 8 miles, 10:10 ap Av/Best/HR 1. 9:52/8:50/134 2. 9:52/8:18/159 3. 9:35/7:59/157 4. 9:48/8:09/160 5. 10:34/8:47/158 (steep hill) 6. 11:09/8:24/156 (steep hill) 7. 9:42/8:02/161 8. 10:49/8:51/163 Sun - Rest - Go Arizona!!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Good Luck, Leslie! Hope it turns out well. I don't seem to be doing much XT these days. Need to work on that I guess... Monday: 3.4 miles run, .68 mile walked, 40 minutes of upper body weights and abs Tuesday: 5.5 miles run including 6 half-mile repeats, .5 mile walk w/u and c/d Wednesday: 9.1 miles run outside, 8:41 avg pace, -25F avg temps Thursday: 5 miles at lunch on the TM, 8:29 avg pace; .45 mile walk w/u and c/d Friday: 2 miles recovery pace, .4 mile walked, then upper back/chest/shoulder weights Saturday: 10.1 miles, 8:25 avg pace, -13F to -15F temps Sunday: 17 miles (8 outside, 9 on the TM), .35 mile walk c/d Totals: 52.1 miles run, 2 x strength training (about an hour), 2.4 miles walked
            Last week I ran 11.9, walked 9.1, and did strength XT one time. Monday - did XT today! weights with stability ball and quad strength stuff from the PT Tuesday - ran 3.0; walked 1.0 before the snow; cold, but no wind - felt great Smile Wednesday - rest; snow day; planned to do weights in the evening, but lost track of time doing schoolwork Shocked Thursday - ran 2.0 and walked 1.0 on the evil treadmill Evil grin; did upper body and core weights at the gym Friday - drive to shore; rest Saturday - wind chill 18F with winds steady at 17, & supposed to be almost 50F tomorrow; staying in for pilates and yoga today Sunday - ran 5.0 and walked 1.0 on the boardwalk in glorious 50F and streaming sunshine Big grin ran 10.0, walked 3.0, XT 3 times; pitchers and catchers report for spring training in 2 weeks!!!! Big grin ElizBig grinBig grin

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Hi all and thanks Nowor for starting this up again. Have changed my training schedule around a bit because of the June marathon I signed up for. Have also canceled a 10-miler and a half marathon cause they don't fit the schedule. Fatozzig, hope the outcome is good. Mon....C/Ba strength + Yee's twists-----------> heavy strength training for chest and back. Forgot about the twists. Tue....10K easy + 20min LB---------------------> 8.86K of not so easy running. Tried to maintain a 9.5K/h pace, but my HR was pretty high from the start so had quite a few breaks. Was surprised by my pace though. And a lot of cramming for an exam I had to take tonight. Think I may have passed it. I should, cause it's my third (!) attempt. Will know for sure in two weeks or so. Wed...10K easy + self defense class--------->Me at 5AM: "I'm up, I'm awake, I'm not going back to bed, I'm up". Did 60 minutes of easy running on the TM at 9K/h. Which totalled 9.04K in distance. Every meter counts, right? Thu....3K recovery + T/S/Bi strength-----------> unplanned rest day cause I'm very tired and headachy. It's that hormonally challenged thing. Fri.......LB endurance + Yee's hip openers---> woke up with a massive headache. Did crawl out of bed but decided not to work out if I needed a pain killer first. Had a leisurely morning with coffee and the internet instead. BUT by 6AM I felt much better, so a quick change and a 5K easy run (making up for yesterday's missed run) and 50 minutes of LB endurance training. Sat.....6.5K doggie run + Yee's twists---------> An absolutely terrific 10K treadmill run. Had a blast. But 3 great runs in a row statistically means I'll be in long run hell tomorrow. Sun....18K long run---------------------------------> 19K on the TM. First 5K were difficult, but then I ran smoothly and easily. Total mileage: 51.9K apparently. Wow. That's a bit much.

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks nowor. I plan to get back to running this week. Here's the schedule. Mon....3miles......... Tues...3miles.............. Wed...6 miles.........4miles (nordic track) Thurs..rest.............3 miles run Frid....6miles.........6 miles run Sat....rest................rest Sun...12miles........12miles Total....25 miles
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                pfriese

Thanks nowor, Coasting into the marathon on Sunday. M - rest day - done T - 6 treadmill miles - done W - 5 treadmill miles - done Th - 3 treadmill miles - done F - travel day - done Sa - 2.1 wonderful, outdoor running miles - done Su - marathon - done 3:58:51 _________________________ Total - 42.3 miles running - Done Paul
                    Test results in - Will be undergoing an endoscopy tomorrow (more fasting) and gall bladder surgery Feb 10 (more fasting, as well as "cleansing" the day before. Yippee.) I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

Test results in - Will be undergoing an endoscopy tomorrow (more fasting) and gall bladder surgery Feb 10 (more fasting, as well as "cleansing" the day before. Yippee.) I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel.
                      Big grin in a ,manner of speaking, anyway! a solution is at hand, finally! hi to all. busy day! more later I hope. this is all i've read so far.
                        I've been posting in the 40/40 group more. I'll likely be adding more cross-training since my right shin is killing me. Bad enough to not run on it tomorrow. Frustrating as hell. Angry

Ran 33.3 miles, 3.5 miles on elliptical, strength trained twice. Bad shin so lots of stretching. Sad

Thanks, nowor. Smile Monday: -- Tuesday: --- Wednesday: --- Thursday: --- Friday: 3 miles on the treadmill Saturday: 1 mile on the elliptical, 50 pushups, 100 situps, 30 leg curls, 30 arm curls, 30 lat pulldowns Sunday: Totals: Dark Horse
                            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                            evanflein

Hi Dark Horse! I sure wish you'd come back to the Daily... I miss you, dude!
                              dg.

i'm late! Nowor.. thanks so much. You really did encourage me... it gets frustrating sometimes. I will keep it up. And try not to be too stupid. I hope your snow shoveling schedule (none) was accomplished. mta. uhoh. i hate it when a plan falls apart. evryday, you're back! leslie.. i can't believe you've done so much through all this. Mon.:... 40 min. strength training, the injured runner dvd & verstegen's prehab. Tues: ... 5.04 miles, 9:50 pace. 8 min. movement prep, 15 min. on the elliptical. then out of time, I forget why. a late start I think. Wed:.... 2.14 miles, 9:28 pace, 20 min. on the recumbent bike, 1 set upper body weights, stab. ball reverse crunches & side planks, callanetics abs#2, 100 each side & hips(sitting, straight leg100 each side). Thurs:.... 40 min. injured runner dvd & prehab., a few other core things Fri:... 4.07 miles, 8:54 pace, 10.16 min. on the bike, 30 min. 2 sets lower body weight machines. Sat:..... 2.02 miles, 9:16 pace, 15 min. on the elliptical, upper body weights, 2 sets stab. ball reverse crunches & russian twists, side planks 1 min+ each side. SR hammie curls. callanetics abs#4, standing hips, straight leg, 100each side. sun..... 9.02 miles, 10:20 pace. and that is it. Wink. well, w/u & c/d walk but I haven't been tracking that. add 15 or 20 min. strength training.. abs, new butt attack things, just assorted. totals.. 22.4 miles running, 30.16 minutes on the bike, 30.2 min. on the elliptical, 3 hrs. weight training, uncharted walking, & i haven't been mentioning that I always do verstegen's movement prep before I run. usually just about 10 minutes. Anybody else do 'active stretching' type things before you run? do you think it helps? Dutchie... how is your foot? what are Yee's (rodney, yes?) twists?