Masters Running

Light at the End of the Tunnel & RA meet up? (Read 77 times)

Mariposai

The 2013 Light at the End of the Tunnel Marathon will be held on Sunday July 14 in WA State. I  have ran this marathon two times and I enjoyed the course every time. This is also a fast marathon, this is where I BQ. A low key marathon with fantastic scenery!

They will have space for about 400 runners, which is a lot for a low key marathon that is being held in the PNW (don't panic my dear East Coast friends), but registering before sooner than later is recommended, of course. 

Registration will open on Tuesday March 5, 2013 at noon PST and is on a first-come, first-served basis.

http://www.brianpen.com/LittleMarathon/Tunnel/default.asp.

This could be a cool RA summer meet up. Let me know if you are interested.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Of course, I am not going to run it, but I will open up my house for a pre or post race reunion party for RA folks.  And I may have a bed or two to lend to some out of towners that would like to save some money, and meet the elusive Enke.

I am probably closer to North Bend than anyone here.  About 15 minute car ride.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm planning on coming, and would love to meet the elusive Enke!     And of course, celebrating the 50th birthday of a certain butterfly goddess, too!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

pfriese

I'm planning on it. I'll be staying with oldest DD in Sammamish.

Paul

Walk-Jogger

I think there will be a group of us coming over for this from Pullman. I've never run a marathon before, but am strongly considering making this my first, since it sounds like a fun course...

MTA: I'm in, and at 4:00 pm there were supposedly only 50 registration spots left.

Retired &  Loving It

Maniac 505

I won't be there this year, but for anyone wavering, I will vouch for the fact that it is a beautiful course, and being rails to trails downhill course it is potentially fast.  If anyone is thinking maybe,  I would recommend moving that to yes, and as Mari says  register early.

arf

MM #405

I'm planning on coming too!  Wild...Pfriese...Cecil...Tet...Posie... can't wait to see everyone, run a beautiful course and celebrate 2 special girls birthdays!

Posie - thanks girl for finding out what time registration opens.

Enke - I would LOVE to meet you!

arf

Mike E

MM #5615

I'm in!

Arf, we have meet before, twice.  I guess I really made an impression on you!  Joking

I will celebrate my 49.5 birthday that weekend!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm in too!   I've  met Paul and Mike before,  and I'm looking forward to meeting Enke, Mariposai, Cecil, Tet, and Arf!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Me too.

Thanks Mariposai and MikeE, et al forthe reminders.

the best part of the Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel Marathon I look forward to when it happens is enke still there for hours after greeting everyone else's finishes, ...especially when I need a ride. Smile.

ps - don't tell her but I'm hoping she might be able to come up for the early start this year and run the two miles through the Snoqualmie Tunnel with someone.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

pfriese

In.

Guess I need to start training.

Paul

Mike E

MM #5615

Well, the airfare has gone up since I last checked...figures.  But, before I book it, is anybody hanging out afterward for any period of time?  I'm no fun the day or two before a marathon--just ask wildchild--but the day after would be kind of fun to do something.  I'm just wondering if anybody has given any thought to what they're doing.  Any suggestions on the best places to stay would be appreciated, too...maybe I should have said, the cheapest places to stay.

pfriese

Sold out in 7 hours!

Mariposai

wow, it is full!!! I can't believe this!!! First time ever. It filled 7 hours later.

Those of us who were away from a PC all day are out Cry

My next move...find volunteers to work during the race so I can run the marathon! Which is how I entered last year, but  the race was full in May last year.

This in unbelievable!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard