Masters Running

biggest loser, rosie ruiz rides again. (Read 671 times)

xor

I think he's still lying bigtime. I don't believe the van only took him 3 miles. If, as he says, at the 17 mile mark he realized he wasn't going to make the 6 hour cutoff, how did a 3 mile ride help him to finish in 3:53? More lies.
    He never said he finished in 3:53. He finished (not that it is worth much) at 5:53. Which is what the race clock shows at the finish line. The 3:53 thing only came up because the stupid stupid production staff decided to add that to a graphic at the very end of the show. Of course, this was the biggest red flag that kicked off the whole investigation. But that was an extra insult to injury, not a part of the cheat that Dane and his wife directly participated in. Regardless, the people who were there are conflicting regarding how long the ride probably was. M17 seems the likely pickup and that's what he's said. As a drop off, we'll never know about M20. People (including a Maniac) saw him somewhere around M24 or M25.

Queen of 3rd Place

This whole thing makes me so very sad. It could have been a heroic story about struggle, instead it's just another example of people cheating themselves. Sad

Ex runner

Well I'm glad this bozo was exposed. A small win for real marathoners everywhere. Hats off to those who stuck with it in bringing this to light. Ray
        lswife

NBC's Today show featured the guy and Jillian the trainer discussing the marathon. They admitted the producers made a poor decision about portraying him as finishing and said that his running even part of the race was a success for him and should have been put into the show. This will probably be on Today's web site to watch.
          xor

It is now posted on the Today site. Several people who were there are pretty sure he rode more than 3 miles. Not sure why we should believe he went back later in the day and ran the missing "3"... during the month between the race and the airing of the big lie, their personal blog and comments on another blog by Dane's wife made it seem like they were happy with running what they ran and then getting a ride. Anyway, I can go run 26.2 miles today. I don't call it a 'race'. Entering a race implies rules. When broken, that's bad. He's paid now, I suppose. The current (minor) outrage is because he plans on keeping the medal. He thinks he earned it. Ehhh, whatever. He's mentioned in a few places that he's going to try another marathon in April. I surely would like to find out which one.