Masters Running

Holly's Alaskan Adventure - Equinox Marathon (Read 468 times)

coastwalker

I really enjoyed reading this report and looking at the photos and videos. You did a greta job of racing and reporting! Congrats, and thanks.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Slo

Wow !

I loved the report. Loved the pictures. Excellent running!

Gotta admitt...I'm pretty jealous.

Wow (also) -- I really enjoyed this report, especially with the videos. It's the next-best way to meeting someone in person since you get more of an idea what someone is like than from text and photos alone, and you are both just such nice people in addition to being awesome runners. I admire you both for what you're able to accomplish on the race courses and off!

Alaska's also on my bucket list, but not the running part! Big grin

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

TammyinGP

LOVED the report and photos!  I'm glad you got to go up to Alaska and run this race and spend time with Erika and Peter. I'll second that Peter is not only a great cook, but a top notch race "crew" with how he helps out.

Congrats on both of you with the racing and placement!

Tammy

jfa

Nice ! Great pics and reports !

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Very nice Holly and Erika!    It is so kewl that you were able to make it all the way out to Alaska to run this with Erika!   It looks like you had a perfect day for the race!   thanks for all the great pictures and videos.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, Holly!  Excellent RR and pictures, and congrats to you and Erika for some great racing!  I was wondering, too, if Peter was driving and filming at the same time - I was hoping there was someone else in the truck with him, but I don't think so.  But really nice of him to be your support crew!

I'd love to go run this sometime - maybe next year?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

This report brought tears of joy in my heart!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Holly and evan you had a fantastic visit and great marathon. But then, what else would one expect of you two.  I thoroughly enjoyed the report, pictures, and videos.

TomS

Excellent RRs and excellent running.  Thanks for sharing.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thank you holly, . . and erika. Peter too.

Even though it was in 1994,

it's still the friendliest and most thrilling and fulfilling 26.2 miles I"ve ever run. 

Your RR makes it even more so. 

I"m so happy for you.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

What an awesome adventure!  Congrats on your race Holly!  And kudos to Erika & Peter for helping to make it a special success!

Skip

Wow!  Awesome report, Holly!  Great pictures!  Fantastic videos!  What a great adventure with some fantastic hosts.  Man, I wish I hadn't already done my Alaska marathon...I would love to do Equinox.  Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of that!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!

........wow..........Amazing RR//..........we need to put the photo's in The Archives..

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Let me start with that elevation profile!  Shocked  Are you kidding me!  Everybody doing this race, thinking about doing this race or even wondering about it is plum crazy!  Crazy I tell you!  The other thing is that green stuff.  I would suggest going to a stadium I am sure they have AstroTurf there too.  Smile  I will admit it does look like a spectacularly beautiful course.  Seriously yes seriously, I can see why people do this race it looks like a very unique and beautiful place.

I also want to say how impressed I am that evanflein actually managed to use frequent flier miles!  Wow!  How?  Tell me how!  My life is like a CapitalOne commercial.  I have tons of miles, they are just miles I can never use.  How did you do it!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Twocat, the secret is using the right airline. Alaska Airlines' mileage program is the best around. I used miles to get down here to Laguna Beach, too!