Masters Running

3.13.13 Wednesday daily (Read 47 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Just a fly-by this morning, even though there is a lot from yesterday to comment on - sorry, but I have an early meeting.

I had a pain in my right IT-band area all day yesterday, so I took an ibu. last night to make sure I could sleep. The pain was gone by morning. I woke at 3:55 and was very comfy in bed and wanting some more sleep. So, of course I dragged my lazy butt from between the warm covers, and was out the door by about 4:15. I went 3.5 quick racewalking miles at 42F with a westerly wind. Pacing was decent, and there was no return of the discomfort from yesterday, but I spent some extra time with my foal roller and small ball afterwards, just to make sure I wasn't tightening up. So far, the day is getting off to a good start (except for that missed sleep...). Did somebody say something about Nap Day??

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

Hi Jay,

It did rain yesterday but it is sunny and wonderful today in the NE. So I took a leisurely stroll through Bedford for 6.3. That was interesting.

Back to the Midwest tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

3.5 easy miles and a mocha in the PNW mist...

Tomorrow is PI day !!!

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        stumpy77

Trails are hard!

morning all.  5+ this morning on another shorts day.  Got to get up a little earlier to get a few more in.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Good morning RAfamily.

No running for me until after work, but I just wanted to say how nice it is to see stumpy training for a marathon. Congrats on the 12LR last weekend, stumpy. I see that you are building your base nice and steadily, As it should be. So, how many miles is ahead of you this weekend?

Troy, that would be so cool if a trip to Omak can be a possibility! BTW, Grillos live in an area where there are many nice roads for runs.

Heme, I put some fertilizer on my daffodils and tulips last night and I thought of you.

Tamster, you are way ahead of me on the gardening. I intended to plant my kale last weekend, but it never happened. This weekend for sure.

Butterfly hugs to all who needed it!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Dave59

I signed up for some workouts with a personal trainer to try and get me going,  I have a session once a week for 3 months.  Today was the first one and it felt good to work out with some intensity for a change.  I drift when I go to the gym by myself.  Somehow it is easier to work hard when someone is telling me what to do.  (in no other area of life do I work better with someone telling me what to do.)

Its snowing enough to temporarily cover up some of the dirt.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi guys...

Just an easy 5 or 6 six miles for me later tonight. My Achilles is a bit sore so I have to watch it.

Jay: that roller is torture but it sure feels good!

Jack, I've had achilles issues in the past too.  I go straight to my PT guy for ultrasound, TENS and friction massage, and put an extra layer of insole under both heels to take a bit of the strain off .  And like someone said on your other thread..... easy on the stretching.

Mari, I'm envious.... my front rock garden is just free of snow now, and the others are still frozen solid.  Will be a while before I can do likewise.  Not sure what's going to come up.... this was one of the first years I haven't added to the bulbs in the fall.

Got in around 2.5 miles of 5:1's this morning....first run outside since early December.  Of course I had to pick the coldest morning of the week.  Frost on the pavement made sure I kept my strides short and slow.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Nice long runs for Mike and arf.

This morning, it was in the high 20s and there was some wind.  I got in 5 miles at a 10:59 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Henrun

Just like Stumpy, another shorts day. Did 6 . Yoga this afternoon. Cold returning- back to winter wear.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hello all! I think the power of the skirt is getting to me, because last night I signed up for yet another marathon in October! So in addition to Wineglass on 10/6 and Chicago on 10/13, I'm now doing MCM on 10/27. The opportunity to join a local charity team fell right into my lap and I really couldn't resist. I had wanted to do that one at some point, so I guess this year will be it! I'm a bit in shock over all this, feeling so invincible and all.... oh well, here goes nothing!

The interval phase of my training starts this week, so this morning I ran to the high school track that's nearby. After a 2 mile easy warmup in the neighborhood, I did 6x 800m repeats with floating 600m recoveries. I really liked these active recoveries at a relatively moderate pace. Repeats were 03:51.9, 03:57.0, 03:55.9, 03:57.6, 03:55.1, 03:56.0. Target was 4:00 so I felt very good about it all. Tough and satisfying workout, 9 miles in total.

King of PhotoShop

Love that lazybones 4 a.m. start Jay!

OM, so you've learned the "float" as an interval. Good for you. Loved the video of that yoga pose, whatever it is called, (Crow or something?) even when you fell down!

Slow 10 miler this morning on the dirt, I mean really slow!

Family headed to Corsicana, TX this afternoon to see Prime Rib's art studio down there. He and a bunch of other artists and scultors have made a little art community down there and we're dying to see it.  Spareribs

I'm a bit in shock over all this, feeling so invincible and all.... 

Careful OM.  Whenever I start feeling invincible, I almost invariably start having issues.  Aches and pains, catching colds, injuries.  Be careful please.

6 miles with 3 at Tempo pace this morning.  I have an HM the end of the month and I wanted to see how the Tempo pace would feel, having not done many of them lately.  Now I know.  I'll be doing well to average 8:15 per mile for 13.1.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

OrangeMat

MM #6177

You're right Byll. I'm paying attention every time I sneeze, and making sure I get sufficient sleep. I'm thinking I need to start journaling my food, just to make sure I'm eating enough of the right foods during the day. I know my food intake is my weakest link at the moment. But yes, thanks for the reminder.

Here are two of the videos I posted last night, hopefully they're viewable by everyone. I really should have more shame, oh well...

Crow pose (side view)

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10200893272765197" frameborder="0" width="400" height="300"></iframe>

Crow pose (front view)

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10200893387808073" frameborder="0" width="400" height="300"></iframe>

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Um, anyone know what I'm doing wrong here with embedding my videos? It looked fine from the HTML view when I was editing....

MTA: never mind, got the links up instead.