Masters Running

Thursday, Feb. 5, '15 (Read 32 times)

mrrun

I'll catch up on everyone's running and cross-training tomorrow, but right now I'm posting a picture from our wonderful dinner with Matt (McSolar) and Debbie

evanflein

Yep, Marj and Henry really are everywhere! Great picture and say hi to Mc and Debbie!

Twocat, if you really ran in 20° and 20 mph, you've got a ^5 from me! I'd love the 20's temperatures but not that wind. No thanks. And I haven't run in -20 for a couple years. I'm getting either wussier or smarter as I get older. 

5.3 miles on the treadmill tonight. Probably should've run hills outside because it was only -7 here at home, but I didn't want to get all dressed up for being outside. Hey, next weekend should be nice! But until then... our cold snap continues.

Mariposai

Aamos - I really hope you decide to join our Rosie Ruiz team!!  I need to get on the site and register so our captain knows I am serious about being in again!!

TwoCat - I definitely think cute and guys go together!!

I agree to both accounts!

It will be so much fun to have Aamos in the Relay van.

Only 6 miles today in down pouring rain and 36F.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dear goddeses,
          I’d probably like it now but, based on anytime it did happen

after my seventh or eighth birthday, please NEVER call a guy “cute”

and, if you do, don’t say it to his face, or worse yet, to any of his friends.

ps - whenever there was two or three inches or more of wet or crusted

snow for some stability on the underlying smooth lake ice,

we’d take our coaster bikes for bike ice races.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

Since I haven't matured beyond age 12 or so I guess it is still OK to be cute.

Or if you use the original meaning...

Etymology

Shortened from acute, originally “keenly perceptive or discerning, shrewd” (1731). Meaning transferred to “pretty, fetching” by US students (slang) c.1834. Meaning drifted further to associate specifically with the pleasing attraction to features usually possessed by the young.

Marathon Maniac #957

it was only -7 here

Words you will never hear me say.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."