Masters Running

Wednesday, 3.2.16 (Read 40 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I am very glad to see that Deez's son has stabilized.  It still has to be pretty scary for the whole family.

That picture is ridiculous Stumpy!  Everybody should know, by now, that dynamic stretching has taken the place of static stretching before any athletic event.

tw--I completely understand your frustration.  I feel kind of bad for those people, though.  They're trying to make a living...and they must take so much crap from people who lose their patience with them every day...but it is hard to deal with somebody when you can't understand what the heck they're saying.

twocat--I really wish I could join your team--why does it have to be so far away?

I went 10 tonight--7 at tempo pace.

Okay--gotta go--see ya!

twocat--I really wish I could join your team--why does it have to be so far away?

You mean you can't road-trip it, Mike? 

{{{Still praying for Deez's son.}}}

You know when something sounds good to eat, and even while you're making it you're thinking, "This is gonna be good," then when you eat it you think, "Why??"  That's was dinner tonight.  I consoled myself with 2 Oreo cookies . . . which also have me thinking, "Why?" 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been here to update, but I want you all to know how much I appreciate your prayers, positive thoughts and support!!

Today ended up being a pretty stable, basically "boring" day for Steven which is exactly what the medical team had wanted. I spent at least 8 hours by his side with my mother with me as well. My husband comes in to see him before and after his night shift work.  They stopped the paralytic agent they were using for 48 hours per the protocol and will start weaning him some from the heavy sedation. Tomorrow they will attempt a breathing trial and see how much they can back off the ventilator. Now it will depend on how his lungs recover. The crazy thing is right now it looks like this is all viral related from the flu!! Once he recovers we will have to look into some other things to see if there could be some underlying condition that would have weakened his immune system, but it could just be that he caught a very bad strain of the flu and couldn't fight it. I wish I was able to run and release some of this stress, but still healing myself and trying to stay positive.

Oh - and maybe TMI - but the side effects from Tamiflu can be quite nasty!!  My youngest son tested flu positive on Monday so we all went on Tamiflu - the GI side effects nearly did me in!! GROOOSSSSS

Keep running and please keep the prayers and positive energy flowing for my oldest baby!! xo

denise

SteveP

DW and I are heading to Columbia MO for the weekend to visit DS. I hate to admit it but I'm more anxious to meet his new Beagle puppy than anything else. I grew up having beagles. They really love people...but I just can't see one in a condo so we'll see how that goes for him.

We're gonna need pictures.

TW, we have a supplier without enough competition. I use a variant of that quote.

SteveP

C-R

Keeping you and your family in our prayers Deez.

No run yesterday. Too many presentations, meetings and driving through the Midwest.

Did run this morning. And who said it was ok for another snowfall today. Harumph.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

evanflein

Oh Deez, I sure hope he continues to improve and has an uneventful recovery. Did he (and your other son) have the flu shot?

I've always thought that Rosie Ruiz Fan Club would be a fun relay team, but it's always too close to Equinox!

Ran 6.3 miles today and tomorrow will be sort of a rest day. Having some dental stuff done tomorrow that will have me laid up most of the day, and maybe tomorrow. Not looking forward to it, but will be glad to have it behind me.