Masters Running

Thurs Aug 7th Daily Runs (Read 511 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Every now and then you will hit a day where you just can't do it, and the wise person backs off. Next time make the same decision but without the moaning! You are learning every day.
    Ahhhh, nice to have the Ribs back Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Glad you are home and here Ribs! I had a very early 14-miler this morning at roughly 7:30 pace. I packed in enough hills that my quads are still sore! :-P I'm hoping tomorrow's run loosens them up again. Enjoy your day all! Craig
      -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
      also on Twitter
        50 minute run around the neighborhood which covered 5.3 miles. Last night 5k cross country race in 26:21 (8:30 pace). Hamstring still a little tight but almost there. I took it easy, not ready to push yet. It was a little tough breathing at a 8:30 pace since I've been taking it easy for 3 weeks. 3k next Wed. then another 5k the week after that, hoping to really race that one. Ribs I hope the road to recovery is bump free.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

My next plan is to install one of those partitions between the front and the back with a small mike so I can give her driving instructions (click, "You're going a little too fast." click) Spareribs
          Pshew, just back from packaging up the one DH had installed in the Camry. Enjoy! Tongue
          Masters 2000 miles
            10.11 Miles - was going to be a fairly easy run as I started out at about an 8:30 pace and my legs felt surprisingly "sproinky" so I ended up picking it up a bit and finishing the final four miles at about marathon pace (7:37). It had been showering on and off all day and was overcast, humid and 67 degrees when I headed out the door. Shocked 8:27 - started out right on pace feeling pretty good 8:02 - wow that one felt easy (there was a good down hill section here) 8:24 - this was partially thru a trail and a pretty good uphill 8:04 - much easier on mostly flat terrain 7:53 - easier yet as I had a good stretch down hill 8:10 - this was mostly flat with one good sized hill 7:36 - OK this is where I decided to finish the last four at marathon pace - mostly flat mile 7:26 - mostly flat with one nice downhill stretch 7:50 - mostly flat with a good long hill just before the end of the mile 7:29 - this last mile has two rolling hills in the first half then mostly flat :42 - I slowed it down as I finished. This really felt good considering the speed workout from yesterday, I felt it was good to get a hard run in on tired legs although as I said my legs felt pretty strong today. I was quite soaked from sweat when I got done with this one. Big grin Ribs - it's great to have you back!
              Just back from the cottage with the girls. Great time, lots of fishing, camping and just plain talking and laughing. Only one long run while there..the deer flies made it sheer misery. Here's a picture of the lake from the firetower. Girls legs were trembling after scaling the ladder all the way up... Here's one of a fish Tori caught...She did not want to fish northern pike since they are ferocious so she just had her line dangling from the water and the fish jumped 8 inches out of the water from a weed bed for it. Scared all of us out of our... and then Tori again so happy to be driving the boat..she is now able to pull the cord on the motor and get it started herself (I remember my first time also). Take care Tall Back to serious training tomorrow...

Recent Best times: None recently

Welcome Home Mr. Ribs Nice recovery walk. 4 mile recovery type run for me tonight. Dodging thunderstorms but the temps went down to a comfy 72 degrees. Good runs and walks everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

wildchild

Carolyn

Ribs, it's great that you're up and walking around already! Take it easy, and you'll be back to "normal" in no time! I was very brave today and took DD back-to-school shopping. She's all set for 11th grade, and I'm out $300! When I got home, I just had time before dinner for a 3-miler with Tazzie and Ladybug - it was 55 degrees and raining lightly - delightful conditions! Tall, nice photos. That looks like a huge fish! The only fish we caught on vacation were small brook trout.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Wow, Tall... that's quite a pike there! What did she think of it once it was in the net? Wildchild, poor Tazzie! I've never had to deal with that but I hear it's a real nuisance (for the owners) and painful for the poor dog... Glad to have you back. The weather was total carp all day long today, so I did a progressive run on the treadmill ending up with half-marathon pace. Mile splits: 8:49, 8:34, 8:20, 8:06, 7:54, 7:42 for last .42 mile. Walked a third of a mile to warm up, 2/3 to cool down. Foot sore the whole time but oh well. Sure wish we'd get some sunshine...