Masters Running

Sunday May 31 End of Month Runs (Read 37 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

I had a tough but fun 23 mile trail run with some of my ultra friends.  The guy on the right, next to me, reminded me of Mike's son Ryan!  Young, strong runner, with dreadlocks.  This kid didn't carry any water or food!  We stopped at a creek twice (on the way out and on the way back)  to filter water for our packs and bottles, and he just drank straight from the creek.  I guess these young whippersnappers think they're invincible!

This picture is at the top of Mt. Morrison.  We ran up and over this twice on the out-and-back run.  Coming back up the 2nd time just about killed me, since it was getting hot!  First hot run of the year for me.

Oh, and I needed either 22.2 or 26.2 miles to end the month on a prime, and today's run was 23.2.      No way I felt like running another 3 miles when we finished.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

What a great picture of Holly and the kids.

Robin, a nice quiet 6 hours wow... what a gift to yourself.

Erika, you do more in a day than I can do in a weekend.  Glad you too are enjoying your time alone.

Wildchild, how is your DH doing?. Great 23 miler today.

Twocat,  you behave. You are a week out from Boston.

Well, the two parties went well in all  aspects,  specifically on the eating too much aspect. The first party was at a friend's house who just had a brick oven belt in their yard. Wow, the food that was coming out the brick oven was amazing. Yes. No regrets for endulging on the morsels, that is why I run.

4 recovery miles this morning. More tomorrow morning.

Cheers,

Posie.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Great pictures! We had a kid in my HS class with a full beard, and everyone kept asking if he'd been held back. Some kids just do the facial hair thing early! Holly, your DD is turning into quite the young lady. She's got such a great smile. Congratulations to your family!

Carolyn, hope he's got a good immune system. Around here, he'd be prime candidate for giardia from that stream water, although moving water is better than still water.

Nice, Robin! Love how he wrote down the years he won....

Made it out this afternoon for 15.2 miles, so ended up with 57.2 for the week. No prime for the month here and that's ok. It's another good solid 200+ mile month for me. Felt ok until the last 2 miles up the hill. Legs felt pretty garden-fatigued about halfway through, and by the time I got to the bottom of our road at mile 13, I was pretty much toast. Not too hot though, so made it home in one piece. This weekend seemed way too short!

SteveP

Your post is giving me the warm fuzzies, Holly. Love the pictures!

Happy 35th Stumpy!

Wildchild posted a marvelous picture and I'm amazed at the powerful legs....Oh yeah...There's mountains back there too.

Our company had inventory Friday. Holy under-prepared. Every one had to come in for ten hours on Saturday as well.Life goes on.

Wednesday or Thursday, DW and I went to test drive a truck. As soon as we hit the door, the sales person said they shipped it to another location. I was anticipating, "But wait, we have a "used 2012 deluxe turbo breaker that just came in for only $18,000 more". However, the truck I wanted to try was dropped off at work Saturday and we drove it around today. A lot of key components of the under carriage had been replaced. It seems as though it will do what we need it to do.

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

wild--when I saw that picture on Facebook, I had to look real close to make sure that wasn't Ryan.