Masters Running

The oddest gift you've ever received (Read 390 times)

TammyinGP

My mind is wandering tonight. I'm thinking of gift ideas for family members and then my mind wandered to strange gifts . . . not that I'm going to get them strange gifts though Clowning around Then I started thinking of the worst gift I ever got. . . well, maybe not the WORST, but certainly the oddest . . . in a "what in the he!! were you thinking" type of way. I think that a gift my ex husband gave me probably ranked right up there. A Chia Pet. Shocked Yes, we were still married at the time, but it was the last Christmas we were together. I don't think the Chia Pet played a part in the impending divorce, but one never knows. I'm sure he got me something else that year for Christmas also, but that's the only one I can remember Roll eyes What about you? What is one of the oddest gifts you received?

Tammy

I can't think of anything weird for me off the top of my head, but my husband got a painted rock from his own mother a few Christmases ago. We were laughing our butts off about that just the other day. Big grin

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

xor

When I was 8. Panties. You see, my step mom marked the presents wrong. It had my name on it, so I opened it. Twas really a gift for my older step-sister.

Deodorant... When I was a kid my mother decided it was time I started wearing deodorant so bought it for me for Christmas. I don't even know how old I was when I got that but still remember being upset about it. Vicki
            How about a used Kitchen Aid mixer? Got that from my ex one Christmas (the same Christmas he got his girlfriend a new set of golf clubs Evil grin

Renee the dog

How about a used Kitchen Aid mixer? Got that from my ex one Christmas (the same Christmas he got his girlfriend a new set of golf clubs Evil grin
              Drat. Too bad he didn't mix those two up like srlopez's Mom...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

#artbydmcbride

A wheelbarrow. It was our first Christmas in our first house. I guess my husband thought it was a good idea. Roll eyes Big grin

Runners run

Expensive pierced earrings from an ex-sister-in-law Roll eyes (I don't and never had had pieced ears.)
                  Masters 2000 miles

jules2

Aftershave.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

#artbydmcbride

Aftershave.
                      Maybe it wasn't for your beard. Big grin

Runners run

jules2

Maybe it wasn't for your beard. Big grin
                        I tried the alternative places but it stung like Hell.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

One year my DW asked for (and received) ......................... Rocks. Shocked She wanted a border for our flower beds but she did not know (nor care) what the actual term was so she asked for Rocks. Not being stupid I bought and installed her Rocks. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Ouch. (I thought of a few other words, too, but don't think I'm allowed to post them. Wink )

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

xor

I dunno about the clubs and the girlfriend, but I got my then wife a kitchen aid mixer one Christmas. To this day, she says it is the best gift she's ever received. Really. (I was stumped by this. I figured it was one of those awful guy-gifts. But she loved it then and still does.)

Marathon Maniac #957

Deodorant... When I was a kid my mother decided it was time I started wearing deodorant so bought it for me for Christmas. I don't even know how old I was when I got that but still remember being upset about it.
                                Oh, that's just MEAN! My nephew got his wife a BB gun for Christmas a couple years ago...she swore had never expressed any desire for such a thing, and had no idea where he came up with that thought.... Roll eyes

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."