Masters Running

sorry-wrong place (Read 52 times)

camille2

Good morning.

camille2

I lurk here sometimes, esp for the core/wo stuff and posted for the over 40 by mistake.

Bushrat Runner

We'll get over it. We were just checking your age anyway, good you fessed up...

Okay, actually we were not even going to check. When I was a pre-master I used to tiptoe into the master's forums occasionally...far more interesting than the other forums in general. Was a relief to hit 40 so I didn't have to sneak around.

dg.

I'll be 40 pretty soon.      the speedometer turned over.

; )

Tramps

YOU KIDS GET OFF OUR LAWN!  Angry

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

better be careful around Tramps - he has a cane and really big feet.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

better be careful around Tramps - he has a cane and really big feet.

Now, that's funny!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

YOU KIDS GET OFF OUR LAWN!  Angry

And I thought Ribs was the certified curmudgen around here. Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

camille2

Glad I provided a few smiles at least.  I obviously needed more coffee.  Smile

Did I sell any of you on one of the Alaska marathons?

janie b good

you had me at coffee...

but lost me on Alaska.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Bushrat Runner

Did you post something that you later took down? I missed the Alaska reference...and I would notice it...

evanflein

What about Alaska marathons??...? I've done three of 'em, one of them many, many times. And it's without a doubt the best one... Smile (not that I'm biased or anything....)

camille2

Here's the deal.  Smile   I usually post in the women's over 40 group who are refugees from the last mess at RW.  I started cking in here occ to see what  the core challenge is doing. I looked last week, accidently left the window open and posted my note for the over 40 group here by mistake.  Later  I figured out what happened to it and moved it.

Karen, from there, had asked me about Alaska marathons, since she's in process of getting her 50 states.  I lived there many years and still  spend part of year there. My  longish reply was in the note I moved.  Since there are questions about it here's the  short version.

I'm familiar with 3 and they are different. Mayor's is during the best weather if you want to tour rest of state. Has lots of Team in Training folks.  I've only done the 5 miler several years ago, since it's same day as Midnight Sun Run. I don't know the whole course, but credit the race with getting me into longer distance running. First time I'd seen normal looking folks (not just uber fit) doing marathons and decided to try one.   I've  done the half at Humpy's a few times and it's a very well organized race.  I like the course, but August tends to be cool and rainy. Have had both perfect weather and weather with sideways wind and rain when a storm was blowing in.  It's mainly on a  bike trail, is very pretty  along the Coastal Trail and a creek. It's fairly easy.  I'm planning to do full this summer.  I've done the Equinox officially 3 times and it's more challenging and has more trail.  Very pretty course with a unique community feel and all the history behind it.  However, it's late to tour other parts of state, since many things are closed. I also told her there are small marathons that I know exist, but have no knowledge of.   That's it...

One good thing that happened because my lack of coffee that morning was that I've cked in again a couple times and discovered the reports on Yakima Canyon and Gorge Waterfalls.  Gorgeous pics!

evanflein

Humpy's was the marathon where I first qualified for Boston. It's a slightly different course now, more running in town on streets, but still uses the Coastal Tail for a good part of it. Nice race, iffy weather just like camille2 said.

Mayor's is a marathon like just about any other marathon, just more mountain views. Has a nasty stretch of sharp gravel that beat up my feet, called "The Tank Trail," and it's pretty long.

Equinox, as everyone here knows, is my fave and Holly did it last year, too.

Thanks for coming back and sharing more of the details! It'd be fun to connect sometime when you're back in these parts.

coastwalker

you had me at coffee...

but lost me on Alaska.

Best line of the week!  Big grin

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.