Masters Running

M O N D A Y !!!! 3/10/14 (Read 48 times)

Slo

Hi All,

Good luck on the cholesterol Ribs. No clue on the race but it looks like a Sierra Nevada Torpedo unless your camera colors are off than it would be a Pale Ale. Love their beers.

Nice little 7 at lunch. Picking up paces. Only 6 weeks until race day.

Back to work.

When in doubt...Sierra Nevada never fails.

Mariposai

Butterfly hugs to TW and family. I am so sorry to hear about your father's passing.

Jlynne, have fun planning the big party!

Tramps, the birds are madly cheapening here as well. Spring is here!

I had such a good time hanging out with my friends  in Trail, BC this past weekend. Skiing at Red Mountain for the second weekend in the row was such a fun way to say good-bye to the winter and to welcome the the spring. Red Mountain has opened up a new mountain for skiing and I had fun trying out the different terrains. No tree skiing this time, but plenty of hard blue and black runs that made my legs wobbly.

8 weeks to race day and I am so not ready for it. I feel like the crud I got last month kept me back about three weeks. Ohh well, Ave of the Giants will be for the fun, anyway.

Ohhh did I mention how much I enjoy waking up to the sunshine?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Good evening all.  Back to the normal grind at home and running after work on the TM.  I was walking across the shipyard from a meeting at 13:30 and I mentioned about how nice and sunny it was, I then stated it would probably rain on me on the way home.  Boy, now I know to keep my mouth shut.  An hour later it started to sprinkle right after I got off the bus and by the time I got half way of a 2/3 mile walk to the house it started raining quite hard which then turned to hail.  Hail does hurt.

6 miles easy on the TM before dinner.  HR under 130.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Ohh well, Ave of the Giants will be for the fun, anyway.

Yes, Nancy.  Fun will be had by all, even if they don't like fun.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Hi everyone. it is bedtime for me and low battery on this thing so will read tomorrow. I decided to enter a half marathon in Deadwood, Sd on June 1st. Today is day one of my 12 week training plan.  This will be my second half, actually in the same area, just a different part of the trail. Downhill most of the way!  I needed a goal after this winter.  For a while I was depressed and feeling like winter won, no ambition. Now we have had a few nice days and I am back, yeah!

50 minute run yesterday and again today. 53* and it felt like 53 with no wind. The snow is starting to melt but it will be a while before I can swim in the lake. I am still Garminless, but think that the 910XT will be the one.  I was able to retrieve our membership number at REI from 20 years ago so will order it there and get a 10% member refund next year.

I don't dislike daylight savings time but I am not a morning runner.  There is more time for boating and biking, so that's nice. Having to wait until after 10:00 for Fourth of July fireworks to start is not so nice.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

I don't dislike daylight savings time but I am not a morning runner.  There is more time for boating and biking, so that's nice. Having to wait until after 10:00 for Fourth of July fireworks to start is not so nice.

What happens after 10 pm? Seriously, we stock up on fireworks to save them for New Years!

ran 5.2 miles on the treadmill tonight. Tomorrow and the rest of the week will be outside because we're gonna have a nice warm week!

SteveP

With the Northern Lights, who needs fireworks?

SteveP