Masters Running

2/18 Weds Hump Day Daily - Where You Guys Been.... (Read 530 times)

TammyinGP

Beautiful sunny afternoon, so I left work early to go for a run. I was super productive at work today, so it was sort of a reward to myself - to go enjoy the sun. My plan was 5 miles at about a 9:30 pace. Well, I *PR'd* my 5 mile run. My 5 mile PR is 45:something and I ran it this afternoon is 43:25. My miles were: 8.57, 8.48, 8.27, 8.31 and 8.39. Lack of sleep and lack of food must be good for my running. This run felt great today.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tammy Sue...just going to beddie bye when I read your post. Wow Girl, Super super greta job on your PR 5 miler...that just made my night Tampster. Timster

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

wildchild

Carolyn

Alex, sounds like a wonderful hike with your grandson. thanks for sharing that! Amy, say woof to Frank from me (and from Tazzie and Ladybug)! A friend of mine was the girl scout cookie mom one year (that means you pick up the cookie order for your troop and distribute them) - her Newfoundland got in and ate 3 or 4 boxes, and he was fine. But a Newfie is awfully big. She was bummed she had to pay for the cookies. Perch, do you ever take Sadie running with you and Tory? Evryday, I can't believe you were out running in that wind yesterday, if it was anything like ours! I had trouble walking to my car and getting in without the door blowing off. So I took yesterday as a rest day. Wink Today I only had time for 2.75 miles at lunchtime, as I was still in a training class, but I'm all trained up now so I'm hoping for a longer lunchtime run tomorrow. The run today was hilly and windy but not nearly as bad as yesterday.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Nice run, Tamster! Sounds like you work for good people if you're able to get out early if you want. Good deal. Came home and did my half hour on the bike. Could've gone longer, but didn't want to push it. Warmed up and cooled down for 5 min each. Av HR was 110 with a high of 132. Usually I try to keep my HR between 140 and 150 when on the bike. Kept the pedal pressure fairly easy and the arm swing at a minimum. Usually I swing them with gusto, but I could tell that I'm still healing. But I pushed it enough that I had a sweat going. Felt really good. Tomorrow will try for a half hour walk. The only negative is the bum having to get used to the bike seat all over again. Wink

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

#artbydmcbride

5 miles run, not a PR Big grin

Runners run